jquan

EAD(Green card) undeliverable and how long does it take to returned to USCIS

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

How long does it take to return to USCIS? and how long does it take to show up on my case status that it has been returned to USCIS?

If I assume that it was returned to USCIS on May 22nd, it has been two weeks. Does that mean it has been lost????????????

When I check my case status, I get this message.

On May 21, 2015, the Post Office determined your card for Receipt Number*****, is undeliverable. We mailed your card to the address you gave us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. The tracking number assigned is 9205592338400170226242. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

When I talk to USPS people they told me that they forwarded to my address in the begining and now they are saying it should be returned to USCIS. They can't locate where it is. When I call USCIS, they just tell me to wait until my case status updates to returned to USCIS or to wait 30 days to file for replacement card with $450 fee.

It was mailed from Kentucky, Do Kentucky has a USCIS processing center? Anyone knows their address that I could put on for USPS claim if it ends up lost?

Thank you

You must forget apartment number or something like that.

Did you use forwarding mail? Because USPS doesn't forward government mails.

If it is end up lost/delivered and USCIS doesn't receive it back, you will have to pay $450 for I-90. If they receive it back, I-90 will be free. You are dealing with 2 federal departments and they will not accept responsibility for each other.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in kind of the same boat - my Green Card is in USPS limbo. Unfortunately I can't help you with your question because you're further along in the process than I am, but maybe you can help me at least know what to expect timeline-wise?

How long did it take from the date it was supposed to arrive, until the time USCIS notified you that the card was being returned to them?

I'm in kind of the same boat - my Green Card is in USPS limbo. Unfortunately I can't help you with your question because you're further along in the process than I am, but maybe you can help me at least know what to expect timeline-wise?

How long did it take from the date it was supposed to arrive, until the time USCIS notified you that the card was being returned to them?

I think we are in the same boat. I don't know when it will be returned to USCIS. thats why I am trying to find out how long it takes to be returned to USCIS. USCIS told that my case status and USPS tracking will update once it has returned to USCIS. I don't know how long these mails sit in the USCIS mail box until they update to case status page.

Timeline

I think we are in the same boat. I don't know when it will be returned to USCIS. thats why I am trying to find out how long it takes to be returned to USCIS. USCIS told that my case status and USPS tracking will update once it has returned to USCIS. I don't know how long these mails sit in the USCIS mail box until they update to case status page.

Sorry, I think we're miscommunicating.

I understand you don't know when USCIS will notify you that they have the card back. What I'm asking is what date was your green card originally supposed to be delivered to you? At least then I might know how long it might be that I will get the same notification that you received.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread. If you want, you can private message me the reply. I appreciate the help. Thank you!

You must forget apartment number or something like that.

Did you use forwarding mail? Because USPS doesn't forward government mails.

If it is end up lost/delivered and USCIS doesn't receive it back, you will have to pay $450 for I-90. If they receive it back, I-90 will be free. You are dealing with 2 federal departments and they will not accept responsibility for each other.

USPS told me to file a claim but it seems impossible since it requires sender's address which I dont know

and USCIS is saying that it is not their responsibility that mail is missing so we still need to pay the fee.

I can't believe they are just blaming each other and do not take any responsbilities.

Sorry, I think we're miscommunicating.

I understand you don't know when USCIS will notify you that they have the card back. What I'm asking is what date was your green card originally supposed to be delivered to you? At least then I might know how long it might be that I will get the same notification that you received.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread. If you want, you can private message me the reply. I appreciate the help. Thank you!

No problem!

USCIS mailed out on May 19th and undeliverable on the May 21st. It's priority 2 day shipping so you should receive them in 2-3 days once they mailed out. USPS told me to wait 7-10 business days to see if it had forward to my new address. Waited more than 10 days still nothing. Just check your USPS tracking # and case status.

Timeline

No problem!

USCIS mailed out on May 19th and undeliverable on the May 21st. It's priority 2 day shipping so you should receive them in 2-3 days once they mailed out. USPS told me to wait 7-10 business days to see if it had forward to my new address. Waited more than 10 days still nothing. Just check your USPS tracking # and case status.

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to USCIS Service Centers forum; topic is about USCIS mailings and not a case status update.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

I just got a USPS update this morning that my card had been delivered (returned) to USCIS (Missouri). I'll let you know what further info I get from USCIS.

I hate to say the obvious, but as it says in your last update from USCIS ("Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you."), have you just done that and tried to give them instructions to resend (without paying)? I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what the USCIS operator tells you. There may not be a further status update coming.

I just got a USPS update this morning that my card had been delivered (returned) to USCIS (Missouri). I'll let you know what further info I get from USCIS.

I hate to say the obvious, but as it says in your last update from USCIS ("Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you."), have you just done that and tried to give them instructions to resend (without paying)? I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what the USCIS operator tells you. There may not be a further status update coming.

Good for you, at least it returned safely to USCIS. When I talked to USCIS officer, he said I should call USCIS once my status update says that it had returned to USCIS. I did my request a while ago and got a confirmation email saying expect a respond by June 21st. I thought they automatically resend it once I do e-request, but I am not sure how they do the process. Just to be safe, call them and verify your address with them again. I'm sure you don't need to pay again if it returned to USCIS.

It seems like my package is returing to Texas, my usps update says it has departed USPS facility in TX today still waiting to arrive at USCIS. how long did it take to return to USCIS and once it returned to USCIS, did you get your new USCIS status update immediately?

Lets hang in there :(

Timeline

It took about 8 days to get back to USCIS from the day it was supposed to be delivered to me. Seems it had just been sitting at a sort facility for most of that.

Actually I just got the email from USCIS a few minutes ago. I assumed it was them letting me know that it had been undeliverable and returned to them, but when I read it, it was actual confirming that it had been delivered to me!?!?. Ugh. The USPS tracking seems to treat it as a successful delivery - not a return to sender - so I assume it's just an automated response to that. Hopefully when USCIS goes through their mail I will get another update. At least the tracking shows it was delivered to them, so I'm covered.

Again, I'll keep you updated as to where things go from here and how long things take...

At least you got an update for yours from USPS, so at least you're seeing some kind of progress.

It took about 8 days to get back to USCIS from the day it was supposed to be delivered to me. Seems it had just been sitting at a sort facility for most of that.

Actually I just got the email from USCIS a few minutes ago. I assumed it was them letting me know that it had been undeliverable and returned to them, but when I read it, it was actual confirming that it had been delivered to me!?!?. Ugh. The USPS tracking seems to treat it as a successful delivery - not a return to sender - so I assume it's just an automated response to that. Hopefully when USCIS goes through their mail I will get another update. At least the tracking shows it was delivered to them, so I'm covered.

Again, I'll keep you updated as to where things go from here and how long things take...

At least you got an update for yours from USPS, so at least you're seeing some kind of progress.

I guess yours was fast then. My mail was lost or sitting in a USPS facility for almost 20 days. Just checked my tracking and it shows that it was delived to Texas center. Yah! At least I don't need to pay the fee again since it returned to them. I guess I will wait to see when they update the status.

I will keep you posted as well!

Just got this update which doesnt make any sense. Who is me ? USCIS?

Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

On June 11, 2015, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number IOE******, to the address that you gave us. The tracking number assigned is 9205592338400170226242. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Edited by jquan

We received our green card today, I hope you received yours as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.