zlund1

How can NVC be so incompetent?

10 posts in this topic

I don't understand. Got a checklist, responded to said checklist. SD for mail was 24 April. Following these forums I see it's down from 45 days to 30 days and some even getting less than 30 days. Had my hopes set a little high.

- Meanwhile wife is back home with no work, can't find a temp job to help her family out and I'm still looking for work having left my post in Abu Dhabi to come home to re-establish my domicile in the States.

Now we're on Day 46, well past that 30 day mark and no update, no nothing. I'm calling NVC on a daily basis to no avail. At least now I've finally landed a job but first couple paydates will be spend catching up on my finances and can only offer the minimum to help the wife out. Needless to say she's growing quite restless by the day. Very very frustrating to see people with SDs after 24 April have their CC or even review and checklist.

The only positive thing I've gotten out of this is if you call rightat 6:59am you get right in and wait maybe a minute or two to get someone. Much much easier than trying in the afternoon or evening after work where my average has been calling about 50-75times just to get thru and then waiting on hold anywhere from 30mins-1hr.

Such an incompetent agency. Sad state of affairs.

Is there a trick to speaking with an actual supervisor? Every time I've requested a supervisor I get the usual "none is available, I can have one call you back" and surprise surprise, no call back.

Hey buddy i feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. I feel like giving up on this government agency. I sent all my documents back in march, and received a scan date 03/17. After 50 days of wait. I received a checklist of a document that i already sent at first place. I asked for a supervisor review on April 24th. I was told by customer service representative that it would take 42 days. In the meatime i sent the document they wanted again and received a new scan date of 5/12. Until now i haven't gotten my case complete, and my supervisor review hadn't even been looked at yet. What a incompetent agency. Customer service rep are so rude , and they can care less about how you feel. I even got hung up today. What can i do about it? Nothing. They don't care. They can go home to their loved ones everyday while we are waiting for our loved ones. I'm so sick of this whole process. In the meantime i see people that are getting case complete in 30 days and pkus interview date already, while my case is still pending for 4 months. How's that fair?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't understand. Got a checklist, responded to said checklist. SD for mail was 24 April. Following these forums I see it's down from 45 days to 30 days and some even getting less than 30 days. Had my hopes set a little high.

- Meanwhile wife is back home with no work, can't find a temp job to help her family out and I'm still looking for work having left my post in Abu Dhabi to come home to re-establish my domicile in the States.

Now we're on Day 46, well past that 30 day mark and no update, no nothing. I'm calling NVC on a daily basis to no avail. At least now I've finally landed a job but first couple paydates will be spend catching up on my finances and can only offer the minimum to help the wife out. Needless to say she's growing quite restless by the day. Very very frustrating to see people with SDs after 24 April have their CC or even review and checklist.

The only positive thing I've gotten out of this is if you call rightat 6:59am you get right in and wait maybe a minute or two to get someone. Much much easier than trying in the afternoon or evening after work where my average has been calling about 50-75times just to get thru and then waiting on hold anywhere from 30mins-1hr.

Such an incompetent agency. Sad state of affairs.

Is there a trick to speaking with an actual supervisor? Every time I've requested a supervisor I get the usual "none is available, I can have one call you back" and surprise surprise, no call back.

Hey buddy i feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. I feel like giving up on this government agency. I sent all my documents back in march, and received a scan date 03/17. After 50 days of wait. I received a checklist of a document that i already sent at first place. I asked for a supervisor review on April 24th. I was told by customer service representative that it would take 42 days. In the meatime i sent the document they wanted again and received a new scan date of 5/12. Until now i haven't gotten my case complete, and my supervisor review hadn't even been looked at yet. What a incompetent agency. Customer service rep are so rude , and they can care less about how you feel. I even got hung up today. What can i do about it? Nothing. They don't care. They can go home to their loved ones everyday while we are waiting for our loved ones. I'm so sick of this whole process. In the meantime i see people that are getting case complete in 30 days and pkus interview date already, while my case is still pending for 4 months. How's that fair?

It doesn't seem to matter how many times we call or ask for answers - no one knows. The amount of time and money each one of us has all spent on this process and you feel like they don't care. It puts a strain on our relationships because of the stress over immigration. No doubt it will be worth ALL the stress we have all endured over this whole process but it would be nice if they were more sympathetic. We are all trying to go to the states to be with our loved ones and doing it the legitimate way and you think of how many people are there illegally. And for the CEAC website to be down or not working properly for over a month, causing most of us to be even more behind.

My husband and I have seen each other a total of 42 days in the last year. I hope this all gets moving for all of us. Good luck everyone :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage (if applicable): 2014/10/04

I-130 Sent : 2014-11-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-12

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-26

NVC Received : 2015-04-14

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Send AOS Package : 2015-05-15

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-23

Receive IV Bill : 2015-05-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-06-10

Send IV Package : 2015-05-15

Completed DS-260: 2015-06-11

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :2015-08-27

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-07-15

Interview Date : September 24, 2015

Interview Result : Administrative Processing

Visa Received : October 15, 2015

US Entry : November 11, 2015

You misunderstand. They don't care. They are doing a job. Call center people read off a computer. They deal with thousands of people a day who demand knowledge they don't have. The NVC was aware of the website issue and have to go through very specific routes to let the DOS tech guys know that there is an issue. Then the tech guys need to diagnose and create a fix. I'm not a programmer so I have no idea how complicated it may be or if it's a hardware issue. If it is that's more paperwork to get what's needed.

My husband has a government credit card. Before he can use it, the purchase has to be approved which can take weeks. Any i not dotted can cause issues. After the purchase comes more paperwork. It's a headache in itself.

Nothing about how the government goes about its business is quick and painless.

What I find easiest sometimes is to just stop, step away, and realize I have no control over any of it except my reactions. My husband taught me to do it during our journey. Drink some tea. Get out and see friends you may not see for a long time, if you're the beneficiary. Play a game with your spouse. (I recommend portal 2. Has an awesome co-op. It's a puzzle game.) Pick out new bedding or furniture together online. Get some exercise. Just something that keeps you from worrying about it every second.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

You misunderstand. They don't care. They are doing a job. Call center people read off a computer. They deal with thousands of people a day who demand knowledge they don't have. The NVC was aware of the website issue and have to go through very specific routes to let the DOS tech guys know that there is an issue. Then the tech guys need to diagnose and create a fix. I'm not a programmer so I have no idea how complicated it may be or if it's a hardware issue. If it is that's more paperwork to get what's needed.

My husband has a government credit card. Before he can use it, the purchase has to be approved which can take weeks. Any i not dotted can cause issues. After the purchase comes more paperwork. It's a headache in itself.

Nothing about how the government goes about its business is quick and painless.

What I find easiest sometimes is to just stop, step away, and realize I have no control over any of it except my reactions. My husband taught me to do it during our journey. Drink some tea. Get out and see friends you may not see for a long time, if you're the beneficiary. Play a game with your spouse. (I recommend portal 2. Has an awesome co-op. It's a puzzle game.) Pick out new bedding or furniture together online. Get some exercise. Just something that keeps you from worrying about it every second.

totally agree with every word you said.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys,am in d same situation as u all ,dis is my 4th month waiting for CC,April 24th I ricive a checklist letter for police certificate and birth certificate.SD for checklist 12th May my wife calld d nvc and d representative say 12th of june case will b completed .we just hv to wait and keep praying

Kayflex . It's a lie. Those representatives don't know anything. They will tell you whatever to just get you off the phone. I'll be surprised if you have case complete tomorrow. At this point, i just don't care anymore. Whatever happens, happens

Timeline

perhaps this is why everyone that you speak to at the NVC - sound so unhappy.

http://ca.indeed.com/cmp/National-Visa-Center/reviews?fcountry=ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.