templeton

New Green Card in USPS Limbo. Can I Travel with Still Valid AP?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife got a promotion, and her employer is moving us to North Carolina at the end of the month for her new position. So long, Winter! To my relief, AoS was just approved a couple of weeks ago and I've received the welcome letter, but now USPS seems to have mishandled the letter containing the actual card. Though they say they're trying to track it down, I'm not optimistic.

Problem is, I'm scheduled to head back to Canada for a few days later this month to U-Haul my furniture and other belongings down here to MN so the moving company can throw them in with our other stuff to take to NC.

Hopefully the card turns up before then, but in a worst case scenario, would I be okay with my still-valid AP card and the welcome letter? Or does the AP card become useless once residency is approved?

You can't use the AP. If the green card has gone AWOL you should try to get an I-551 stamp in your passport via an INFOPASS appointment at your nearest USCIS office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have nothing helpful to add, except that let me tell you from one Canadian to another, NO WINTER IS AWESOME! I've been away from winter for 8 years and I NEVER EVER miss it.

:ot2:

N400

Oct 23, 2014: NOA 1

Yellow letter date: October 27, 2014

Biometrics: November 7, 2014

In line for interview: November 10, 2014

Interview scheduled! (email notification): March 23, 2014

Interview letter received: March 25th

Interview: April 24th

In line for Oath: April 27th

Oath: June 23rd

Proud to be an American!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.