iamwhatiam80

Successful CRBA processing

19 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Just wanted to know if you applied at US embassy manila? If so, how long did you get an appointment after you submitted your documents?

Thanks!

Did you get an appointment? How long Edited by Rick&maria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm happy for all of you guys :) thanks for the info :) I'm hoping that I will have appointment next week :) looking forward :) congratulations and enjoy :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to share our succesful crba and passport application,my daughter just got approved last aug.25,!and heres how i started it!i gather all the docs i need,according to the checklist,and arrange it properly,then send it through lbc,after a week we got our appointment,and while waiting for the appointment time i kept reading posts from this website and gathering more and more info...and YES it helps a lot!....before we go to the embassy we made sure that i have all the docs and proof that i can think of!arrange it according to the checklist,i put the photos in one paper,,tips,,photo at the hosp.when i deliver the baby was a big help,and ofcourse my boyfriend got to deliver her and thats a big help too!they say baby's charm is a help,thats true coz the consular officer loved all her growing up pics,and she just laughing and trying to play with her!..and this is how our interview started,our appointment was 8:30,we went there 7:30,the guard asked for our appointment letter,i told him we dont have they just email us,and he directed us to go in,after the security checks,we go in and the lady on the desk ask for the last name and i noticed there are only 5 names on the list,hers was the2nd,she told me to pay at window 15,and air21 then wait at the window 9-12 for my daughters name to be called,,we waited i think about 45min.and then we was called at window 9,there the lady asked to see the baby and then our docs.my husband told her that we arranged it and she said thank you,then she looked at all the papers and give us back the papers that she dont need!ask us some questions and have us fill up some papers and sign it!then she told us to wait again for the interview,but in a little bit after they study my daughters papers she called my boyfriend back to the window and show him a sample of crba,and have him check the spelling and sign it!it only took us 10min at that window then we wait again for the consular officer's interview,about 45min.again,then in a small room we was called,she just have us raise our right hands and sign on some papers,then ask my bf to tell her about our relationship and how it started,then asked him when was the first time he go out of the country,and that was last 2013,so she said that fulfill the physical presence,and then have him an oath to support her till shes 18,thats the legitimation part!and looking at the pics of him holding the baby at the hosp.and telling them that he deliver the baby,fulfill the blood relation!then after that she showed me the sample of crba certificate if that will be ok!she told us that those papers will be at DC in 3days,and it will take3-4weeks for the crba certificate and 2-3weeks for the passport to be deliver in our house,,then way it goes thank the good Lord for the success of our application!it only took us 3hours in the embassy and were done,!

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to share our succesful crba and passport application,my daughter just got approved last aug.25,!and heres how i started it!i gather all the docs i need,according to the checklist,and arrange it properly,then send it through lbc,after a week we got our appointment,and while waiting for the appointment time i kept reading posts from this website and gathering more and more info...and YES it helps a lot!....before we go to the embassy we made sure that i have all the docs and proof that i can think of!arrange it according to the checklist,i put the photos in one paper,,tips,,photo at the hosp.when i deliver the baby was a big help,and ofcourse my boyfriend got to deliver her and thats a big help too!they say baby's charm is a help,thats true coz the consular officer loved all her growing up pics,and she just laughing and trying to play with her!..and this is how our interview started,our appointment was 8:30,we went there 7:30,the guard asked for our appointment letter,i told him we dont have they just email us,and he directed us to go in,after the security checks,we go in and the lady on the desk ask for the last name and i noticed there are only 5 names on the list,hers was the2nd,she told me to pay at window 15,and air21 then wait at the window 9-12 for my daughters name to be called,,we waited i think about 45min.and then we was called at window 9,there the lady asked to see the baby and then our docs.my husband told her that we arranged it and she said thank you,then she looked at all the papers and give us back the papers that she dont need!ask us some questions and have us fill up some papers and sign it!then she told us to wait again for the interview,but in a little bit after they study my daughters papers she called my boyfriend back to the window and show him a sample of crba,and have him check the spelling and sign it!it only took us 10min at that window then we wait again for the consular officer's interview,about 45min.again,then in a small room we was called,she just have us raise our right hands and sign on some papers,then ask my bf to tell her about our relationship and how it started,then asked him when was the first time he go out of the country,and that was last 2013,so she said that fulfill the physical presence,and then have him an oath to support her till shes 18,thats the legitimation part!and looking at the pics of him holding the baby at the hosp.and telling them that he deliver the baby,fulfill the blood relation!then after that she showed me the sample of crba certificate if that will be ok!she told us that those papers will be at DC in 3days,and it will take3-4weeks for the crba certificate and 2-3weeks for the passport to be deliver in our house,,then way it goes thank the good Lord for the success of our application!it only took us 3hours in the embassy and were done,!

hi catherine marie,

just want to check with you the time line of your CRBA like the:

1) date when you mailed the packet to LBC

2) date you received an email with appointment date/time

3) time and date of appoinment

4) date of CRBA approval

5) date you received the CRBA and passport

Thanks in advance.

TIMELINE

1-May-2014 Met at The Northface100 Philippines Ultra Marathon

19-June-2014 Started dating (L)

8-Dec-2014 Got Married (L) (L)

28-Dec-2015 CRBA Interview for our Twin Daughters

18-Jan-2016 Received CRBA and US passports of our Twin daughters :dancing:

===============Filed DCF at USCIS Manila==============

5-Feb-2016 Filed I-130

12-Feb-2016 Approved I-130 with MNL case numbers for me and my son received via email

17-Feb-2016 Medical at SLEC - Positive TB skin test for my son, went for X-ray - negative - medical packet will be sent directly to US Embassy

3-Mar-2016 Scheduled Interview -- got the dreaded 221g request for additional documents (I-864 and proof of domicile)

9-Mar-2016 Sent 221g documents via 2go

11-Mar-2016 Embassy received 221g documents

14-Mar-2016 status update at ceac - AP

15-Mar-2016 status update at ceac - AP
18-Mar-2016 Status update at ceac - Ready

21-Mar-2016 Status update at ceac - Issued! :dancing:

27-Mar-2016 Immigrant Visa - CR1/CR2 Pickup Date

29-May-2016 POE - New York City (JFK)

===============Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions============

21-March-2018 - Filed I-751 - Vermont Service Center

23-March-2018 - USCIS Received package

29-March-2018 - Check Cashed

30-March-2018 - NOA1 Received (1 year extension)

13-May-2018 - Biometrics Appointment Received

23-May-2018 - Biometrics Appointment

13-August-2018 - Received 18 months extension

5-March 2019 - Moved to New Jurisdiction (Texas)

28-June 2019 - I-751 Approval

12-July-2019 - Received Green Card

==============Filed N-400=========================

13-July-2019 - Applied for N-400 online

16-July-2019 - Received Biometrics Appointment

30-July-2019 - Biometrics Appointment

25-Nov-2019 - N400 Interview

09-Jan-2020 - Oath Taking

• 2 years later...

Similar story to the one mentioned at iamwhatiam80 at the top of the thread.  US citizen husband and Indian citizen wife with infant 6+ months.   Consulate Interview Chennai India.   June 2018

Separate and shorter street waiting line  for passport.  Security takes electronics at the gate and gives token for you to get it back on exit.   

Intake window person collects documents - originals and copies.   [Copies there are expensive (70 Rs ) - get it done elsewhere beforehand.]  I had copies of almost everything.  Used higher education diplomas and transcripts.  Payment window person takes money.  Courier fed ex person at desk in waiting room verifies address and  takes payment.  We are provided the shipping slip to give to the consular officer.  Waiting...then called for interview by consular officer who we speak with behind glass.  

Oath administration. She greets us and the infant.  Was asked how we met, my time in the US in higher studies...relatively short interview.   Said the applications ( CRBA and US passport ) are approved. 

From waiting on the street line till we left the consulate was ~3 hours.  

Passport and CRBA arrived two weeks later.

Edited by anonymous11735

• 8 months later...
On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 2:00 PM, catherine marie said:

Hi what size of bond paper did you use for the crba forms and supporting documents?

• 1 month later...

Just finished my CRBA application. My son's dad wasn't able to go with us at the embassy, he sent me the necessary documents (original and notarized photocopy) that was in the checklist. When I completed all the documents needed, I sent the photocopies to ACS Unit through courier (LBC - P125.) (just photocopies). Then after 2 days I received an email regarding our CRBA appointment. They even called us to confirm. I just needed to provide additional proof of relationship prior to the pregnancy. So, this morning we arrived an hour before the appointment. There were lots of applicants already. They allow my mom to go inside just to assist us through the process. (knowing that my son will be very playful inside, I really need someone to help me). Just a reminder, NO CELLPHONES or any sort of electronic devices, WATER, FOOD (I brought feeding bottle and didn't have a problem). Food and water are available at the waiting area if you get hungry or thirsty. Door 1 opened around 7:30, they let us in, checked our bags and appointment letter. We went straight to the second floor and we were assigned to wait near windows 9-12. They called the applicant's name and the window number where they will have their initial interview. I was interviewed by a Filipina, she's kind and polite but really asked for a precise answer. She asked random questions so make sure that you can pull out your papers easily.  Also make sure you have extra photocopy of your child's birth certificate because you need one for the CRBA application and one for the passport application then of course bring the original PSA BC. So after the initial interview the lady asked me to pay for both CRBA and passport application (window 15) then pay for the courier. After that I went back to the lady for further instructions. Then she asked me to wait for the final interview. It didn't take long and the consular official called us. She asked some questions upon reviewing the documents. It went well and my son's application has been approved . She just asked me to mail them another completed form DS 3053 ( Statement of Consent) and should be notarized. She's giving us 90 days to submit the form for my son's passport. then we went home. 

That was fast, nearly 2 hours inside the embassy. And my son was sleeping the whole time. Lucky mom!  Good luck everyone! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.