AMproductions

Visa Approved! But still no word on it.

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

actually it is very unreasonable to schedule a flight without a visa at hand. So many things have gone wrong. Even if your visa had arrived on time you would not have been able to go if, for example, your name were mispelled. I would love to save money and schedule a flight for my son and fiance, yet until his passport arrives and her visa, AND after making sure there are no errors on either form, will I happily purchase the tickets. It sucks, but never trust the government on an estimate. I hope you get your visa soon!

You make a very good point. Perhaps we were being overeager in our assumption that the embassy would be able to fulfill their estimates in a timely manner. Thank you! And I hope your son and his fiance are able to travel soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You're absolutely right. We learned this lesson to our disappointment. But even so, given their estimate of 3-5 days, scheduling a flight for 19 days after our approval didn't seem to be too unreasonable at the time.

Like I said: never trust an estimate.

Filed: Timeline

Hi again everyone!

My wife's visa status was 'updated' again this morning. Though it remains, "Ready" for the interview. Does anyone know what this means? Why does it update without changing the information?

You are stressing about every little detail. Even if someone provided the information as to why it updates everyday you still wouldn't know when your visa will arrive. My case was updated every time I logged in before my visa was issued. The only thing that matters is that it says "Issued". once you see that, you can rest assured that is will shortly be on its way. Until then, you need to wait. I really hope your visa comes in no later than next week!!!!! :(

Edited by hanniel

Timeline

You are stressing about every little detail. Even if someone provided the information as to why it updates everyday you still wouldn't know when your visa will arrive. My case was updated every time I logged in before my visa was issued. The only thing that matters is that it says "Issued". once you see that, you can rest assured that is will shortly be on its way. Until then, you need to wait. I really hope your visa comes in no later than next week!!!!! :(

Yes, of course I am stressing over every detail! This has been an enormous process for me and my family and it has an amazing reward at the end of it once it's all finished. And even though it 'updates' daily, I realize that I will be no closer to the end until we have the visa in hand. It was more of a curiosity as to why it would 'update' without anything appearing to change. I imagined that this would be the best place to ask about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi AMProductions i do stress over everything that has to do with my visa status too i did my interview on the 29/5/2015

my status was changed that same day to AP up until the 3/05 it changed to Ready have not been updated since then and it's driving me nuts i believe anxiety always steps in when we have no idea what is going on so you are not doing anything wrong and VJ is the place to ask or say the silliest thing without been put down it's not just about seeing issued but about everything that happens while processing so feel free to express your emotion.

Filed: Timeline

Yes, of course I am stressing over every detail! This has been an enormous process for me and my family and it has an amazing reward at the end of it once it's all finished. And even though it 'updates' daily, I realize that I will be no closer to the end until we have the visa in hand. It was more of a curiosity as to why it would 'update' without anything appearing to change. I imagined that this would be the best place to ask about it.

I didn't mean to offend you. Trust me, I know how it feels to be stressed.

Timeline

another good example of why not to make plans until the visa is at hand. Today, my fiancee's visa was supposed to arrive according to DHL. Well, technically it did, but they sent it to the wrong address an hour and half away.

Go figure.

Wow! That must have been a frustrating while as you figured that all out. But did you manage to pick up your fiancee's visa?

Timeline

Hi AMProductions i do stress over everything that has to do with my visa status too i did my interview on the 29/5/2015

my status was changed that same day to AP up until the 3/05 it changed to Ready have not been updated since then and it's driving me nuts i believe anxiety always steps in when we have no idea what is going on so you are not doing anything wrong and VJ is the place to ask or say the silliest thing without been put down it's not just about seeing issued but about everything that happens while processing so feel free to express your emotion.

Yes! It's very stressing simply not knowing what's going on: Are they still working on it? Are they doing additional processing? Are they going to send it soon? Do they need more documents? etc. But very soon it will come through, we just have to remain as patient as possible and remember, we were approved! It'll come through eventually. Have you tried calling your embassy? Or perhaps emailing them? The embassy here in Peru still hasn't responded to my email which I sent over two weeks ago . . .

Timeline

At this point i do not know what is going on all i know is that i was approved it was in AP for 5 days then READY from June 3 but like you said all we can do is wait i am going to wait until next week before i call and email them but praying for good news even tomorrow.

Timeline

At this point i do not know what is going on all i know is that i was approved it was in AP for 5 days then READY from June 3 but like you said all we can do is wait i am going to wait until next week before i call and email them but praying for good news even tomorrow.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! It is quite bizarre to have a visa in the READY stage for so long without any apparent changes in the status. I've tried a couple of times to email my embassy here in Peru (they don't answer) and I've also tried calling (they won't answer any questions). But I hope that it all goes better for you!

Timeline

Hi i am wondering if i should send them an email or just wait another week to see if it's going change at this point i am extremely worried as i have no idea what is happening right now i am also praying you here something real soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.