GH8283

What can I expect now?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi, I received conformation from UCIS that my k1 petition was mailed to the NVC on June 1st. What can I expect now? How long until the petition will be mailed to Naples, Italy? I call NVC daily, but they say they have not received the petition yet. I was hopeful we would all be together in July. Is that realistic? Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Congrats finally glad to see you got that approval and July won't happen, they'll receive it soon and assign a new case number then send it to the embassy which will take a little longer as well . Then you'll deal with the embassy, giving them what they want then they will schedule you an interview . Hope all continues to move foward .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi, Congrats! I can tell you about my experience so that way you kind of have an idea about when it's all going to happen (although it might vary for each case). After receiving the NOA2 in April, I received an e-mail from Naples (21 days later) saying that they had received my case and also attached the Packet 3 to that e-mail. After preparing everything and sending the applicant's statement, the Consulate sent my fiance an e-mail saying that his interview is scheduled for July... From what I've seen and read, Naples schedules the medical exams and interviews from 6 to 8 weeks after having received the applicant statement so if you get the Packet 3 soon most likely your interview might be in August, but I can't assure you of that. Hope it all goes well!

🇺🇸🇮🇹

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thank you so much, and your information means that much more, b/c you are going through Naples too. NVC issued me a case number last week and my lawyer sent off all information required in the "packets." I still have my fingers crossed for a July interview!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi ichnusa, my fiancé has his interview July 21st. I was curious if your fiancé has had theirs and how the process went for you? Anything we should know? Thanks!

Hi! Yes, he did have his interview last Wednesday (the 8th) and was approved :star: The whole process went smooth. At the Medical Exam they gave him two shots he was missing so he only ended up paying 190 euros. He had to get a chest x-ray, blood work done, height measurement, and they asked him about his medical history and if he smokes or has ever smoked. They spoke to him a bit about the sealed package that he will be getting and that's about it. He was there for about 4 hours.

The day of the interview he had to do an oath stating that everything all the documents were true. Then the person at the consulate asked him how we met, why is he leaving the country, if he was employed, and they talked about our relationship. After the interview, the person said "tutto apposto" and that once his packet and passport/visa arrived he would be ready to leave the country. :dance:

We made a mistake though. Instead of having the package sent to my fiance's house, he didn't put down his home address for the courier service and instead it's on it's way to a DHL office, so now it has to be redirected to his house and will take a couple more days. Now we're just anxiously waiting for the packet so he can book his ticket to America. :)

I wish you well with the interview! (F)

🇺🇸🇮🇹

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.