lileepad

Consulate Confirmation!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Lileepad thought I would let you know I got my interview details today!!!!! Question, did u fill out the ds260 or just the ds 160 confused

Congrats! :)

Are you scheduled for August?

Sorry - I have not filled out anything. But with your packet 3 instructions, on the checklist they provided - it says a 'printed copy of ds-160 application form' :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi kmaj!

I have heard back from Sydney and have our interview scheduled for July 15. How about you?

Im a bit worried though as I still need to get my police record from NZ which takes up to 20 working days..

My interview is the 15th as well! Don't worry about not having the police report at interview time, you can just send it in after.

K1 Timeline
10/14/2013 - Met through work
03/05/2015 - Got Engaged
04/06/2015 - I-129F packet sent via FedEx - in transit in TN
04/08/2015 - I-129F packet received at Lockbox
04/10/2015 - text and email received sent to California Service Centre

04/13/2015 - NOA1
04/13/2015 - Check cashed!

04/15/2015 - NOA1 hardcopy received

05/13/2015 - NOA2!!

Timeline

I am actually scheduled for july 20th but I will need to change my date as my police check wont be back to me in enough time

Ok I did see the ds 160 but then looking further down tne instructions it said ds 260 so I wasnt sure

What instructions did you get from the consulate? The one I received is called: DS-1076 Checklist. Is this what you got?

My interview is the 15th as well! Don't worry about not having the police report at interview time, you can just send it in after.

How awesome!! Might see you there then? So early! At 745! My fiance is in the country during then so he will be coming - I just need to email the consulate to let them know still :)

Timeline

Kristyandnick

Did you find out from the embassy about not having the police check in time for interview?

"You may keep your scheduled appointment with this office even if you dont have all documents to submit on the day. "

This statement was at the end of the email the consulate sent me when they gave me my interview date. I assumed police check is included since its one of the required documents.

K1 Timeline
03/05/2015 - Got Engaged

04/13/2015 - NOA1

05/13/2015 - NOA2!!

Timeline

What instructions did you get from the consulate? The one I received is called: DS-1076 Checklist. Is this what you got?

How awesome!! Might see you there then? So early! At 745! My fiance is in the country during then so he will be coming - I just need to email the consulate to let them know still :)

Mine is at 7:45 also (look for the 5ft brunette). Apparently the lifts open at 7:30. I found the embassy in melb was pretty relaxed about interview time vs when you show up (I got a work visa). They just go by the line order, unless you're like 4 hours early ;) which in our case would be very difficult.

K1 Timeline
03/05/2015 - Got Engaged

04/13/2015 - NOA1

05/13/2015 - NOA2!!

Timeline

Mine is at 7:45 also (look for the 5ft brunette). Apparently the lifts open at 7:30. I found the embassy in melb was pretty relaxed about interview time vs when you show up (I got a work visa). They just go by the line order, unless you're like 4 hours early ;) which in our case would be very difficult.

Awesome! I will see you then :)

I had the same happen to me in Auckland when I got myself a J1 work and travel visa in 2013 and through that, that is how my fiance and I met ;) hehe

AND I got the hounding of a lifetime with the consul as my place of birth is the Philippines (not noticing that even though I was born there I grew up since a child and have lived most of my life in NZ)... a high risk country I guess in their eyes.... So this time Im like nervous as well, thank goodness my fiance will be with me.

With your instruction package email, the email attachments I received were only the DS-1076 checklist and also my approved I-129F copy.

Is this what you got as well? Was there anything else I was meant to get?

Also, when you log into ustraveldocs - mine doesn't show I have an interview time. When I fill in the DS-160 do I have to select the interview time that they have emailed to us or just leave it?

Edited by lileepad

Timeline

Awesome! I will see you then :)

I had the same happen to me in Auckland when I got myself a J1 work and travel visa in 2013 and through that, that is how my fiance and I met ;) hehe

AND I got the hounding of a lifetime with the consul as my place of birth is the Philippines (not noticing that even though I was born there I grew up since a child and have lived most of my life in NZ)... a high risk country I guess in their eyes.... So this time Im like nervous as well, thank goodness my fiance will be with me.

With your instruction package email, the email attachments I received were only the DS-1076 checklist and also my approved I-129F copy.

Is this what you got as well? Was there anything else I was meant to get?

Also, when you log into ustraveldocs - mine doesn't show I have an interview time. When I fill in the DS-160 do I have to select the interview time that they have emailed to us or just leave it?

That's all I got in my email too.

Pretty sure since the consulate booked the interview you can just leave that section on USTravelDocs. I re read the email about 100 times to check if I had to contact them to accept, but it seems if I'm happy with it I just print the email and go.

I've got my medical next Friday in melb (no doctors in adelaide do the visa medicals). Luckily my fiancé is actually in melbourne working the next few weeks so I get the added bonus of seeing him!

K1 Timeline
03/05/2015 - Got Engaged

04/13/2015 - NOA1

05/13/2015 - NOA2!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.