Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I received this via email:

Subject: Confirmation of I-129F Petition

*** AUTOMATED MESSAGE ***

*** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ***

Dear K Visa Petitioner,

The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney has received your approved petition. Please have your fiancée create a profile viaUSTravelDocs and email our office at support-australia@ustraveldocs.com. In the email they must advise the following information:

Name:

Case number (ie: SYD2014000000):

Email address:

Phone number:

Passport Number:

Thank you

Visa Unit (BC)

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney
-------

Im wondering if anyone can shed some light as I am completely lost on what to do next. Is the above email what is known as a 'packet 3'? I have been reading so many threads here and people referring to packet 3 and would love to know what it all means.

Also - the medical aspect - do I need to get it done at an approved place here in Australia known as 'medibank'?? Where do I find information on the location of the approved medical practices are.

And where do I find information on what I need to gather? My fiancé has sent me copies of our original petition, affidavit of support etc. But as a K1 visa applicant, I read that I need to also provide a copy of my Bachelors degree certificate??? So lost here. Is there a list online I can view?

Thanks so much in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Create a profile at the link provided, and then send an email to the one they provided and include the info as they ask in that mailing.

Instructions found on their website > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/SYD%20-%20Sydney.pdf

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yep, best to just follow the directions. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It happens. Don't forget to breathe every once and awhile....

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Going ahead at this point and moving thread from K-1 Process forum to the Australia/New Zealand regional subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

@lileepad

I received this exact email 2 days ago, I followed the instructions per the email. Im just wondering if you have heard back from the sydney consulate yet regarding packet 3?

Hi kmaj!

I have heard back from Sydney and have our interview scheduled for July 15. How about you?

Im a bit worried though as I still need to get my police record from NZ which takes up to 20 working days..

Nice! Did they send u instructions on what you need to do before the interview like filling out that ds-160?

How many days/weeks was it from the time u received the first email from sydney to receiving your interview details just so I can get an idea on how long till I get mine :-) your timeline isnt updated hence why im asking

Timeline

Nice! Did they send u instructions on what you need to do before the interview like filling out that ds-160?

How many days/weeks was it from the time u received the first email from sydney to receiving your interview details just so I can get an idea on how long till I get mine :-) your timeline isnt updated hence why im asking

Yep! It was all emailed to me :)

It only took 2 working days from receiving the email from Sydney and I replied back then they responded 2 days later with my interview time.

Will you be having yours in Sydney too?

Timeline

Wow that was super fast. I received the first email on Wednesday last week regarding the profile set up, so hopefully the email containing packet 3 will be sent to me soon!!!! Yes my interview will be in sydney whenever they schedule it

Oh I am so excited for you!!

Have you emailed them advising you have created your profile?

From the email they sent me, if I wanted to reschedule from July - the only open spots they have are end of August... so you may be looking at around August for yours!

I had my medical done last week in Brisbane and I met another girl on the same boat! It's so nice to meet others who are going through the same thing! My fiance is flying over to come with me to the interview to make it not as stressful!

I know its all so exciting except the waiting part

Yep emailed them with my details as soon as I got the email.

August is fine actually because I dont plan on leaving till start of December to the usa.

Unfortunately my fiance is a marine and is deployed till october in the middle east so he wont be able to come along

I agree it is nice to meet other aussies in the same position not alot of us out there

Timeline

I know its all so exciting except the waiting part

Yep emailed them with my details as soon as I got the email.

August is fine actually because I dont plan on leaving till start of December to the usa.

Unfortunately my fiance is a marine and is deployed till october in the middle east so he wont be able to come along

I agree it is nice to meet other aussies in the same position not alot of us out there

Oh good! Yeah our wedding is scheduled for November so its perfect timing! It seems the Sydney Consulate processes a lot faster so you should hear something very soon! :)

From the offices that I work in, we received email that the US Consulates in Australia are apparently currently having system issues in scheduling new appointments so it may be the reason for the delay in response for you.

Kudos to your fiancé for serving his country! :)

Let me know if you need any help and I will do the same vice versa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.