JandEB

Singapore and/or Hong Kong/Macau Police Clearances

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone have experience with the current process of getting police clearances for these 3 cities when in the K-1 process? Both appear to require some sort of official request from the US embassy to release the documents, yet be documents you have to have for the interview, and our agency basically said the US embassy should include instructions in their packet to my fiancee for any necessary clearances.

It's really bothering my fiancee not knowing what the steps in the process are and who contacts who and when and with what. So I was hoping maybe someone here might have recent experience and could document the process they went through and who was responsible for each step. I know, of course, that our experience could vary but it would be helpful to have some step by step accounts of how things had gone for others to soothe my fiancee's mind a bit, because we're still in the first USCIS processing stage so we won't be at the point of getting that packet for a couple of months yet probably.

If it makes a difference, we need the process for getting these from those countries while the fiancee now resides in the Philippines rather than in any of those countries.

Edited by JandEB

event.png

Timeline

how long your fiance lived in those countries

Singapore for 2 years, Hong Kong for 1.5 years. Macau was only 2 months, and since it's now part of China like HK, presumably we don't need a separate clearance for it.

There's also about 2 years in Morocco, but she got her police clearance when she left there. Is that sufficient or will she need to get it again?

event.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Morocco is fine as long as person did not made second visit after obtained that PC, regarding for other countries you can contact their embassies in PHIL. they might issue you the PC.

Timeline

Does anyone else have experiences with the Singapore and HK police clearance process that might tell my fiancee and I what to expect and at what point we can start to get those clearances? We've seen some things online that say the clearances themselves can take as much as a month, so we're wondering if there's a way to start the clearance requests processing before the petition gets to the US embassy.

Also, is the current wisdom to wait until you get your clearances to schedule the embassy interview, or are people going ahead and doing the interview while waiting for the clearances and just sending the clearances in after they're received? What's the recommended process?

Part of my concern is that I would ideally like to go over there and be with her for the interview, then stay until she had her visa (which appears from what I'm reading to be averaging 4-9 days in Manila if all your papers are in order), so that I could fly back with her when she comes to the US, and I'm not sure what impact police clearances would have on scheduling everything.

event.png

Hi JandEB!

I am a beneficiary of a K1, and I obtained my Police clearance in China (ready for the interview.) three months ago. Honestly, we just filled the 1-129F last week, but as far as docs are concern, we want to be ready.

Macau is an autonomous part of C. I assume, the processing is the same. When I processed mine, I appeared pesonally in the "Bureau of Registry..." (I can email you the complete sample if you like? Anyways, they did not require a request letter from US Embassy for the Police clearance. I simply told the officers that I need it for Immigration/marrying an American. After 75USD and 10 days later, I got two sets of Police clearance in Chinese and English.

I would not know if Phil Embassy in Macau can help her, it won't hurt to ask.

Goodluck,

ly

Timeline

Hi JandEB!

I am a beneficiary of a K1, and I obtained my Police clearance in China (ready for the interview.) three months ago. Honestly, we just filled the 1-129F last week, but as far as docs are concern, we want to be ready.

Macau is an autonomous part of C. I assume, the processing is the same. When I processed mine, I appeared pesonally in the "Bureau of Registry..." (I can email you the complete sample if you like? Anyways, they did not require a request letter from US Embassy for the Police clearance. I simply told the officers that I need it for Immigration/marrying an American. After 75USD and 10 days later, I got two sets of Police clearance in Chinese and English.

I would not know if Phil Embassy in Macau can help her, it won't hurt to ask.

Goodluck,

ly

Thank you, ly. That would be very helpful if you could send a sample :) We definitely appreciate the information!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.