Mariane

Interview done but needs CENOMAR

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! My sister went to her interview today and was not told if she's approve or not. She was instructed to go to the releasing counter asked to provide mailing address for her visa to be delivered. She Opt-Out delivery and decided to just pick it up. Consul asked for CENOMAR that she can request at Pasay City Philippines and USEM will be the one who will pick it up. My question is, how long did it took for your visa to be issued?

Thanks for you help!

She needs to first submit for her Cenomar before the visa wI'll be released to her.

She needs to first submit for her Cenomar before the visa wI'll be released to her.

Timeline

It seems visa are not available to release at this time or there is a retrogression. You have to wait for visa bulletin next month.

But her visa is always available due to the fact that she's under IR2 category. ( Child of a USC).

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Don't worry. Because they asked her mailing address, they would have a reason to contact/deliver visa later. All you you to do is relax and wait. I also found a person whose situation is same as yours: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/542622-all-f4s-part-iii/?p=7655294

Edited by whisky

Timeline

Don't worry. Because they asked her mailing address, they would have a reason to contact/deliver visa later. All you you to do is relax and wait. I also found a person whose situation is same as yours: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/542622-all-f4s-part-iii/?p=7655294

Thanks! The link you provided is related to F1 category, my sister is under IR2. We don't need to wait for our visa to become current.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let me see if I understand you right. This visa is for a little girl.

They asked for your "Cenomar" because I do not know of one for children, maybe there is. Maybe according to age. Your Cenomar should be easy to provide. I am sure they keep a copy of it.

as for the amount of time for visa delivery, depends on how long it takes for you to deliver your Cenomar documentation to them.

Then, I have seen 7, 10, 14 even 20 days.,.,.,it just depends, weekends, holidays, and so many variables that we have no knowledge of.

Good luck, it should not be long, and "it" sounds like all will be ok.,.,.,anything can happen, it is just an opinion of mine.

Timeline

Let me see if I understand you right. This visa is for a little girl.

They asked for your "Cenomar" because I do not know of one for children, maybe there is. Maybe according to age. Your Cenomar should be easy to provide. I am sure they keep a copy of it.

as for the amount of time for visa delivery, depends on how long it takes for you to deliver your Cenomar documentation to them.

Then, I have seen 7, 10, 14 even 20 days.,.,.,it just depends, weekends, holidays, and so many variables that we have no knowledge of.

Good luck, it should not be long, and "it" sounds like all will be ok.,.,.,anything can happen, it is just an opinion of mine.

Thanks for the response! I think my sister's case is unusual. She was petitioned when she was 20 years old in year 2000. She was under IR2 but she aged out and went to F1. NVC put it on hold until her visa becomes current. Due to the long wait, our dad (USC petitioner) lost track and the documents went missing. Finally, in 2012 we found one of the letter that NVC sent to our dad with her case number and some info. Out of curiosity, we called NVC and was surprised by the news that her case is waiting for us to be processed. Thanks to the CSPA law, my sister's age froze at the time when our dad filed her case so she retained as IR2. I can't wait to see her, hopefully in a few days :yes: ceac.gov website says that her case was touched today.

Timeline

Thanks for the response! I think my sister's case is unusual. She was petitioned when she was 20 years old in year 2000. She was under IR2 but she aged out and went to F1. NVC put it on hold until her visa becomes current. Due to the long wait, our dad (USC petitioner) lost track and the documents went missing. Finally, in 2012 we found one of the letter that NVC sent to our dad with her case number and some info. Out of curiosity, we called NVC and was surprised by the news that her case is waiting for us to be processed. Thanks to the CSPA law, my sister's age froze at the time when our dad filed her case so she retained as IR2. I can't wait to see her, hopefully in a few days :yes: ceac.gov website says that her case was touched today.

Just for the info, her birthday just passed last June 02, 2015 and she is now 35 years old. :secret:

We have same situation, unfortunately there are no available visa right now. So all we have to do is to wait and wait and wait.

You are lucky though, this june you are in current pd. so they will issue you a visa :) goodluck

Timeline

We have same situation, unfortunately there are no available visa right now. So all we have to do is to wait and wait and wait.

You are lucky though, this june you are in current pd. so they will issue you a visa :) goodluck

she's actually in IR2 category that means her visa is always avaiable. And thank you! ☺

Edited by Mariane

I once become an ir2 case. I was petition when i was 19 turning 20 in 3 months time. But was converted to f1 case in 2009. No other documents needed upon interview was been turnover to releasing but was on put on administrative processing because of retrogression(?). My pd was away from yours. Since you have 2000pd you are current so you will be issued a visa. So just wait till they delivered to you. Just my opinion. So better wait and pray. Goodluck

My brother is same situation just like your sister and me. Since he was interviewed first before the cut off time. Brother interview is may12, mine is may27. That time there are still available visa. Upon interview consul officer approved my brother's visa right away. Then my turn 2 weeks after him, no avaible visa for f1. All because of retrogression back to pd2000.

But its up to you who will decide. We are just here to listen and see what is going on .

Timeline

My brother is same situation just like your sister and me. Since he was interviewed first before the cut off time. Brother interview is may12, mine is may27. That time there are still available visa. Upon interview consul officer approved my brother's visa right away. Then my turn 2 weeks after him, no avaible visa for f1. All because of retrogression back to pd2000.

But its up to you who will decide. We are just here to listen and see what is going on .

Oh, I'm sorry about that. I know it sucks when retrogression happens. Our father is a US Citizen when he petitioned my sister (20 yrs old at that time). She was IR2 and became F1 in 2001. Back then, CSPA was not yet introduced until 2002 came, CSPA became effective and my sister's category went back to IR2. Per USCIS Child Status Protection Act; If the petition (Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative) was filed by a U.S. citizen parent for his or her child, the beneficiary’s age “freezes” on the date of filing.

Is your petitioner a USC? cause you might be illigible for IR2 still.

Edited by Mariane

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.