945 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ooh thank you.....Sega10028.....si je comprend il fait forcement ecrire en anglais??

vous en etes ou vous ?

Yes, the people in this forum come from around the world and the only thing we have in common is our desire to move to the US, so English is the language here. Maybe it's a good idea for your husband to read here since he's American?

Oui, Kimbo, les gens dans ce forum viennent de plusieurs pays, donc la langue en commun et utilisée ici est anglais. Peut-être ton mari peut lire les réponses? Malheureusement, je pense que les gens dans ce forum sont débutants comme nous, ayant commencé le processus en juin. (desolée pour mes fautes en français!) Et moi, je suis à Paris avec mon mari.

Edited by sega10028

USC in France since 2/2012. Married 2/2013.

June 1 : I-130 sent from Paris by Lettre Suivie (bad choice)

June 12 : I-130 delivered (Chicago Lockbox)

June 16 : NOA1 dated June 15 received via text/email (assigned to California Svc Ctr)

June 23 : NOA1 received via mail in France

July 14 : NOA2 received via text/email

July 28 : NVC received our case (no case # or IIN yet)

Aug 24 : Called NVC, received case # and IIN. Submitted DS-261 and paid $120

Sep 5 : Received NVC Welcome Packet via mail in France

Sep 22 : Called NVC to ask why IV fee was not available to pay

Sep 23 : Received IV application invoice by email (not available to pay online yet)

Sep 24 : Paid IV fee online ($325)

Sep 27 : DS-260 completed

Sep 30 : AOS/IV Packets received by NVC (received identical confirmation emails Oct 3 and Oct 5)

Oct 28 : 3 N/As, confirmed Case Complete

Dec 2 : Called NVC to see why interview date not received. They said it was scheduled today.

Jan 22 : Medical visit with Dr Slattery.

Jan 28 : Interview at consulate. Approved!

Feb 8 : Visa packet received via post. (First attempt Feb 5).

Jul 7 : Point of Entry, SFO

Jul 30 : Social Security Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Kimbo, je peux comprendre ton message, mais j'ai pas une reponse. Ci-dessous la traduction au cas ou un des anglophones peut repondre.

I can understand the message from Kimbo, but I don't know the answzer, so I'll try to translate for her and see if one of you can respond in English (and I can translate back)

Her message "We started the process for a CR1... my husband is american and sent it june 2 without the G1145. Do you know how we can know where it is? The check for $420 was cashed 8 days ago. Besides that, we've received nothing. Do you have any advice? We are married and have a son with his CRBA. We're hoping to spend Christmas and the new year together."

sega10028, my French sucks so I'll stick to English for my reply. But if you could ask Kimbo if they had tried calling the USCIS. The fact that the check was cashed is a good sign that they received it. If may take a while for them to receive the NOA1 hard copy in the mail, especially if it is coming from abroad.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened....08/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/23/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/25/17
NOA1 Mailed......................08/30/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................08/31/17
Biometrics Mailed...............09/20/17
Biometrics Received..........09/22/17
Biometrics Appointment.....10/03/17
Approved............................09/24/18

N400 Timeline

90 Day Window Opens...........08/22/18

N-400 Filed (Online)...............08/23/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/24/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/31/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/21/18

In Line For Interview.............05/23/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............05/24/19

Interview................................07/01/19

Oath.......................................07/17/19

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

You should be receiving your NOA1 anytime soon. The cashed check shows that they have received your petition.

You can also register at https://egov.uscis.g...displayLogodisplayLogo.dofor email and SMS notifications (once you have your receipt number).

graphics-exclamation-mark-527817.gif April 9th: Got Married yektdeort6eji5ha.png

CR1 animal-graphics-pigeons-221733.gif CR2

Timeline

Yes, the people in this forum come from around the world and the only thing we have in common is our desire to move to the US, so English is the language here. Maybe it's a good idea for your husband to read here since he's American?

Oui, Kimbo, les gens dans ce forum viennent de plusieurs pays, donc la langue en commun et utilisée ici est anglais. Peut-être ton mari peut lire les réponses? Malheureusement, je pense que les gens dans ce forum sont débutants comme nous, ayant commencé le processus en juin. (desolée pour mes fautes en français!) Et moi, je suis à Paris avec mon mari.

Ah daccord.... moi je suid en france avec le ptit et lui au usa.....merci a twa

Edited by Kimbo

Timeline

sega10028, my French sucks so I'll stick to English for my reply. But if you could ask Kimbo if they had tried calling the USCIS. The fact that the check was cashed is a good sign that they received it. If may take a while for them to receive the NOA1 hard copy in the mail, especially if it is coming from abroad.

Okey thank you for your advice

Timeline

My husband sent the I130 from USA.....but he will try to call them today....thank you for your advice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

I am so glad that there are many of us applying from overseas. I submitted my I130 June 10th, originating from Hong Kong, and had received my NOA1 June 12th. Application is being processed at CSC. :)

Service Center :

California Service Center

Consulate :

Hong Kong, China

Marriage (if applicable):

2014-03-31

I-130 Sent :

2015-06-10

I-130 NOA1 :

2015-06-12

I-130 Approved :

Approved sometime before August 6, 2015. I never got the approval letter from them.

NVC Received :

"NVC Welcome Letter" dated August 6, 2015

Send AOS Package :

2015-11-08

Send IV Package:

2015-11-08

Case Completed at NVC:

2015-12-02

Interview Date:

2016-01-12

Interview Result:

APPROVED!!!

Timeline

we called uscis and they told us that before the 8july we should receive the notification

So have they told you which service center they've assigned you to, to process your petition?...

graphics-exclamation-mark-527817.gif April 9th: Got Married yektdeort6eji5ha.png

Timeline

no, we must await notification with tracking number. the petition was sent to Kentucky, then they transfer I think California

OK maybe you mean the Chicago Lockbox...

Anyway like i said before, once you receive your mailed hardcopy NOA1(Notice of Action 1) you can use the Receipt Number on it to register at https://egov.uscis.g...displayLogodisplayLogo.do for Email and SMS notifications in the future. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OK maybe you mean the Chicago Lockbox...

Anyway like i said before, once you receive your mailed hardcopy NOA1(Notice of Action 1) you can use the Receipt Number on it to register at https://egov.uscis.g...displayLogodisplayLogo.do for Email and SMS notifications in the future. :)

I have signed up for email alerts on myUSCIS. Will I only get an alert when my I-130 is approved or will there be other times?

I have not received my hardcopy of the NOA1 but was able to enter my receipt # from the notification email.

Timeline

I have signed up for email alerts on myUSCIS. Will I only get an alert when my I-130 is approved or will there be other times?

I have not received my hardcopy of the NOA1 but was able to enter my receipt # from the notification email.

From my understanding, YES you will receive an email when your petition is approved OR if they request for evidence(of marriage) or request for a resubmission of certain Document(s) etc..

As for your NOA1 hardcopy, apparently it takes a few weeks to around a month for you to receive it since you're filing from abroad. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.