7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Hello guys ita been so long i havent written,

Yupp i had my second baby boy and hes almost a year old. My husband still didnt get his visa. The interview was on the 24th of september 2013 ? i contacted every congressmen and senator from my area and even sent a huge letter to Obama and i got all the same responses from the visa offices ( we regret that our response cannot be more substantive at this point). The department of state tells us it from the embassy so i contact the embassy here in lome,togo west africa and they tell me oh its not our fault like really? Are we just in a loop here. Its getting tiring after all this time . I applied on February 14,2012 so 3 years and 4 months later nothing new has ever happend. Is there anyone else having the same problem here or is it just because my husband is muslim. I swear it is not fair just because were muslim we get treated differently ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You said you contacted every congressman and senator... how many times? It seems they have pretty much backed you into a corner. If it was me, perhaps I would resort to writing them every month. Every single one of them, until something was done on my behalf. I don't know. What do the rest of you think? Could it help or hurt?

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

How about writing a letter to UN Human Rights Commission or Amnesty International on your husband's behalf and CCing the same letter to State Department/Embassy and your senators which clearly mentions you have sent this letter to above mentioned organizations.

Basic layout of the letter is violation of basic human right of having husband and wife live together.

I have no idea how much it will work but I heard this from someone who gave this advice to a friend who was having trouble getting visa issued by a European country and seems to have worked.

I wonder if anyone has tried this route on this forum.

Spoiler

USCIS
01/14/2015 - Sent I-130 -----------------------------------------
01/20/2015 - NOA 1 ------------------------------02/03/2015 - I-130 Approval/NOA2

NVC

02/23/2015 - Case received ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------03/02/2015 - Case Number and IIN assigned

03/06/2015 - DS -261 Available and complete ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------03/10/2015 - AOS Bill "PAID" status

03/10/2015 - AOS and IV Packages sent ------and now the wait begins!! praying for no checklists -----------------------------------------------03/13/2015 - AOS and IV Packages scanned at NVC----please God no checklist.....

03/31/2015 - AOS Form Review Completed by a Supervisor (Had to call many times) --------------------------------------------------------------04/02/2015 - Paid IV Bill Online

04/06/2015 - IV Bill "PAID" status -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------04/10/2015 - Check List Number 1

04/26/2015 - DS-260 Completed online ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------05/15/2015 - Case sent for Supervisor Review....seems like I am only getting things done through Supervisors

06/29/2015 - 2nd Review to Supervisor triggered, still stuck in NVC hell ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------07/13/2015 - Case completed

07/20/2015 - Received Case Completed confirmation email-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------08/24/2015 - Interview Scheduled Date Confirmation over the Phone

08/26/2015 - Received Interview Scheduled confirmation email -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------09/04/2015 - NVC called to inform about interview cancellation date

09/08/2015 - Received Interview Cancellation Email ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------09/22/2015 - Interview Date---------------Finally ----Old Interview Date  

09/10/2015 - Interview Rescheduled Date Confirmation over the Phone ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------09/11/2015 - Received Interview Rescheduled confirmation email

09/17/2015 - Case Status "In Transit" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------09/18/2015 - Case Status "Ready"  

10/01/2015 - Interview Rescheduled Date

Embassy
09/11/2015 - Medical ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------10/01/2015 - Interview and Approval Date 1

0/01/2015 - Case Status Changed to "Administrative Processing" ------------------------10/02/2015 - Case Status Changed to "Issued" 

XXXXXXX - Visa in hand ------------------------------------------------------------------------------XXXXXXX - POE

I-751
09/06/2015 - Package with USPS ------------------------ 09/09/2017 Delivered at Vermont Service Center

09/15/2017 Check Cashed --------------------------------- 09/19/2017- NOA received

Timeline

You said you contacted every congressman and senator... how many times? It seems they have pretty much backed you into a corner. If it was me, perhaps I would resort to writing them every month. Every single one of them, until something was done on my behalf. I don't know. What do the rest of you think? Could it help or hurt?

I have contacted everyone on a monthly bases and i even have my immigration lawyer help out from time to tim. When i sent out all the letters to the senators and congressmen and even president obama nothing new happend even the embassy and my lawyer told me wow you did all you can and they also tell me that im the only one that sends inquiries out that much. Idk there is nothing else i can do.

How about writing a letter to UN Human Rights Commission or Amnesty International on your husband's behalf and CCing the same letter to State Department/Embassy and your senators which clearly mentions you have sent this letter to above mentioned organizations.

Basic layout of the letter is violation of basic human right of having husband and wife live together.

I have no idea how much it will work but I heard this from someone who gave this advice to a friend who was having trouble getting visa issued by a European country and seems to have worked.

I wonder if anyone has tried this route on this forum.

That sounds good but after all i have done i doubt it will help anymore. It just gets into a routine that you wake up everyday hoping you get the visa ?

Timeline

I feel your pain sister. God be with us all in AP. Yeah, i've contacted people too...they all say the same thing. My husband went to an immigration clinic by the Embassy and got to speak with a CO. He was really nice, and empathetic. He said these things are difficult, and can take awhile and it's hard to wait (he had to wait a year to get his job-not the same, but he was trying to empathise.) He also said don't stress, and just wait, it'll happen. When my husband told him some people (like from pakistan) are waiting 3 1/2 yrs to get their issued, he just hung his head and shook it, in like a sadness kind of way. I think these Embassy people feel just as bad about it, but it's out of their hands. He said some people get it right away, and some people have to wait, but it will be ok, just wait. So i think we are all caught in whatever this muslim man security check is...iT is NOT fair, for sure, and it makes me sad that OUR country is discriminating like this. Hugs. Hang in there!

Yeah i know its too much they probably do feel the frustration but come on they only do this to all muslims like seriously ??? You should see wvery single case in lkme togo is approved the only one who is still waiting is my husband !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

You can try to have your lawyer file a writ of mandamus in which case they must make a decision, however that can backfire and they can

return your case to USCIS and then you may have to go through the AP process all over again or they will approve him.

I understand how you feel, our visa journey took 5 years, including 16 months of AP and then a denial and we had to re file again.

We are both Christians.

It is entirely possibly that it is out of the embassy's hands because other agencies do security checks and they are back logged.

Every case is different and some take weeks some months, others take years. Very unfair but it is what it is.

AP is like the deep dark abyss, the whole you sink into and the mystery and lack of transparency of why, where and how long make it even worse.

I am sorry you are going through this and wish you a speedy approval. Hang in there !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

Oh dear God, I'm so sorry. We're in AP now too... and just the thought that it could even take that long freaks me out. My husband is Israeli. I'm pretty sure we were put in AP since our case is "documentarily complete." I'm just not sure how long AP will take there. Some say 3-6 weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.