davidcorry

police clearance from thailand

9 posts in this topic

Hi, first post here. Everyone might not agree with my wife and I, as we are going through RapidVisa to process her visa, but neither of us have any experience or anyone to help us with processing the visa. One of our hold ups has been getting a police clearance from Thailand, where my wife worked for 2 years. She is back home in the Philippines now. When she was still in Thailand, she went to the police station and asked for her police clearance report, but they would not give it to her unless she showed her work permit. So, she goes and asks her boss for the work permit, and her boss gives some BS reason saying that the agent is not able to be reached. Now that she is in the Philippines, she will have to fly from Mindinao to Manila to go to the Thai embassy to take care of this probably, but we still fear that we cannot get the police clearance. Any one here know how to get police clearance from Thailand embassy in manila or steps how to get it? Thank you for response.

Hi, first post here. Everyone might not agree with my wife and I, as we are going through RapidVisa to process her visa, but neither of us have any experience or anyone to help us with processing the visa. One of our hold ups has been getting a police clearance from Thailand, where my wife worked for 2 years. She is back home in the Philippines now. When she was still in Thailand, she went to the police station and asked for her police clearance report, but they would not give it to her unless she showed her work permit. So, she goes and asks her boss for the work permit, and her boss gives some BS reason saying that the agent is not able to be reached. Now that she is in the Philippines, she will have to fly from Mindinao to Manila to go to the Thai embassy to take care of this probably, but we still fear that we cannot get the police clearance. Any one here know how to get police clearance from Thailand embassy in manila or steps how to get it? Thank you for response.

You don't need to go to Manila as the instructions state that you can mail the necessary paperwork to Thailand and they will complete and return the document in 2-3 weeks. Here is what they say:

Police Records

Available. Police certificates are obtainable from:.

Section 3, Sub-Division 2. General Staff Division

Special Branch

Royal Thai Police Department

Rama I Road

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330.

Residents of Thailand requesting a Thai police certificate will need to present two recent photographs (2 inch x 2 inch), the original and a copy of his/her passport, identification card, household registration, name change certificate (if any), marriage and divorce certificate (if any). Thai males aged 17-45 must also present military record or proof of exemption from military service..

Non-residents should send their requests to the Royal Thai Police Department at the above address with the required documents and a fingerprint taken by a police authority at their place of residence..

Normal processing time is two to three weeks. There is no processing fee..

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/TH.html#policerecords-3

To further help you with the process I have a step by step guide for those who are doing a K-1 visa who are Filpino and USC. See the guide link below in my signature. Follow the twisting arrow.

Return here if you have any questions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you feel that service is needed then it is. There have been people that were sorry after trying these services but every case is unique so lets hope they do well for you.

Many people reported a few changes in the way the Thai police issue the reports. We have seen examples where they demanded to see NOA 2. They have accepted any doc that indicates the reason for the report. They know all about what the embassy requires.

Your wife went in as a citizen of another country asking for the report but didn't have a work permit? The Thai police are very aware of people doing this but I don't think they walk thru the front door too many times.

I doubt the Thai embassy is going to get involved in helping her get a police report. Even they are outside the country & have nothing to do with general police matters anyway. Nothing wrong with asking.

Best to contact the Thai police in BKK directly. I have done it by phone & email while helping with some difficult situations so I suggest she calls them directly. She will be asked for payment.

Google Thai police.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You don't need to go to Manila as the instructions state that you can mail the necessary paperwork to Thailand and they will complete and return the document in 2-3 weeks. Here is what they say:

Police Records

Available. Police certificates are obtainable from:.

Section 3, Sub-Division 2. General Staff Division

Special Branch

Royal Thai Police Department

Rama I Road

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330.

Residents of Thailand requesting a Thai police certificate will need to present two recent photographs (2 inch x 2 inch), the original and a copy of his/her passport, identification card, household registration, name change certificate (if any), marriage and divorce certificate (if any). Thai males aged 17-45 must also present military record or proof of exemption from military service..

Non-residents should send their requests to the Royal Thai Police Department at the above address with the required documents and a fingerprint taken by a police authority at their place of residence..

Normal processing time is two to three weeks. There is no processing fee..

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/TH.html#policerecords-3

To further help you with the process I have a step by step guide for those who are doing a K-1 visa who are Filpino and USC. See the guide link below in my signature. Follow the twisting arrow.

Return here if you have any questions.

Great info here.

I am not certain now about the actual fee. As I remember that last one I helped with required a new fee be paid which wasn't very much. I have also seen the typical Thai extortion tactics be attempted which elevated the cost to around 2 to 5 K baht.

As with anything dealing with a fee, free is no longer the "norm" for PC's from Thailand. See these links for fees and procedures.

http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fphotos.state.gov%2Flibraries%2Fthailand%2F591452%2Fiv%2F082013_thaipolicecert.pdf&ei=wnlwVYOwIsjnsAWxjoHYBQ&usg=AFQjCNGj97XapW9PjbmrZmj1jHe9fGqA8A&sig2=Lc8XrfQVzJgBYt8vFlws_g&bvm=bv.94911696,d.b2w

Can you return here and post what took place in getting your PC. The steps of the process would be important to others that may in the future have the same questions. Good Luck

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Follow up question, what documents do I need to present to get the police clearance noa1, noa2 , welcome letter from nvc or a letter from US embassy in manila stating that I need to have that clearance for my interview? Please inlighten me.

Follow up question, what documents do I need to present to get the police clearance noa1, noa2 , welcome letter from nvc or a letter from US embassy in manila stating that I need to have that clearance for my interview? Please inlighten me.

Use your NOA2 as the form. If you can go to USEM in manila and get a letter then you can also do that.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.