NewKid

is EAD needed even with a LPR card( green card)

5 posts in this topic

Hi all.

While we are waiting for NVC to do their thing, I read some following steps, and I am a bit curious about one aspect.

PLEASE do correct me if I am wrong, but would one need an EAD if one has applied for AOS and received your greencard? I thought the LPR ( green card) is work authorization? If so, what would the point be of applying for EAD?

Any insight would be welcomed.

applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

INTERVIEW: 10/7/2019- APPROVED

OATH DATE: 10/24/2019-  received oath letter in the mail on 10/11 

LOCAL OFFICE: BOSTON ( moved from California (SANTA ANA, CA) )

You apply for the EAD (via form I-765) at the same time you apply for your green card (form I-485) so you can work while you wait for your green card. The EAD takes about 60-90 days. The green card could take a year or more to be approved. You should apply for AP (form I-131) at the same time.

You apply for the EAD (via form I-765) at the same time you apply for your green card (form I-485) so you can work while you wait for your green card. The EAD takes about 60-90 days. The green card could take a year or more to be approved. You should apply for AP (form I-131) at the same time.

Great, that makes sense. Thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated . Just to confirm, fees are waived when the EAD and AP are submitted along with AOS, correct?

applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

Great, that makes sense. Thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated . Just to confirm, fees are waived when the EAD and AP are submitted along with AOS, correct?

That's correct, you only pay the I-485 and biometrics fee.

That's correct, you only pay the I-485 and biometrics fee.

Thank you :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.