StephanieM

Thats all I need for N400?

30 posts in this topic

Oath ceremonies vary by office. For instance in Denver they are scheduled twice a month. You can do it same day, but it's not usual. A less busy office would have them less often.

That makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My spouse's presence adds to proof yes, but probably isn't necessary with all the proof given in the I-485 interview. The Marriage certificate and birth certificate of our child should be enough. Bringing them both along for the wait isn't practical.

Where's jimmy when you need a question answered. Has anyone not gone to the N400 interview with their child and spouse?

My spouse and child are US citizens.

I don't need them to be there if I get approved. Just like I didn't need them at the DMV for 6 hours when I got my drivers license.

I don't consider this an important moment. It's just the end to a laborious process.

Also I didn't realize Oath ceremonies were scheduled same day in all cases. TBH I wouldn't want to wait around for 2 hours. :D

If you don't consider becoming an American Citizen an important moment in your life why did you even bother applying for citizenship? Why taje thr Oath if it means nothing important to you?

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This was my cover letter, and all documents that I sent to USCIS, you can send that apply for you

xxxx xxxxxxxxx
120 xxxx Ave. xx Apt.
xxxxx, xx xxxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Dallas Lockbox Facility
PO Box 660060
Dallas. TX 75266

December 27, 2014

Re: Form N-400 A-xxx-xxx-xxx

Dear sir or Madam:

Enclosed please find the Form N-400 Application for Naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen with the corresponding documents.

I am enclosing the following:

• Form G-1145
• Form N-400
• Additional Information on Form N-400 (Part. 7) (if apply for you)
• Copy of both sides of my Permanent Resident Card
• 2 Pictures
• Application fee + Biometrics Check # $680.00
• Copy Certificate of Naturalization of my husband xxxxxxx
• Copy of marriage certificate and certificate of translation (if apply for you)
• Copy of my husband divorce decree (if apply for you)
• Some statements of our joint banks accounts (Checking and Saving)
• Copy of Birth Certificate of our daughter (if apply for you)
• Copy of our joint IRS tax return transcript

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I agree to submit original documents at a later date if required.

Yours truly,

an1cHjz0g410010M2xzfDEwMDA5OThzYXxMaXZpb

Timeline

This was my cover letter, and all documents that I sent to USCIS, you can send that apply for you

xxxx xxxxxxxxx

120 xxxx Ave. xx Apt.

xxxxx, xx xxxxx

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Dallas Lockbox Facility

PO Box 660060

Dallas. TX 75266

December 27, 2014

Dear sir or Madam:

Enclosed please find the Form N-400 Application for Naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen with the corresponding documents.

• Form G-1145

• Form N-400

• 2 Pictures

• Copy of marriage certificate and certificate of translation (if apply for you)

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I agree to submit original documents at a later date if required.

Yours truly,

Did they request the marriage certificate and divorce decrees, and etc? Look at the directions for the N-400 and "only send" what they specifically request. When we sent our N-400, they did not request that initially 'upfront'. Once the N-400 was received, they sent us the interview letter with a date and time to show up for the interview. They also sent us another letter, it was a yellow letter. In the yellow letter was a list of specific items they wanted us to bring to the interview. Of which were the marriage certificate, divorce decrees, and many of which you listed above. Download the N-400 and read the directions and it will tell you what to send with the form. I would not send anything "extra". Because you will still have to bring it with you to the interview. ;-)

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

If you don't consider becoming an American Citizen an important moment in your life why did you even bother applying for citizenship? Why taje thr Oath if it means nothing important to you?

Oath ceremonies are important but sitting there waiting for an interview may not be. Everyone is different.

Edited by Penguin_ie

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Actually the N-400 instructions from the USCIS website requests all the info up front as well. The link is in this thread.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Actually the N-400 instructions from the USCIS website requests all the info up front as well. The link is in this thread.

I believe you may want to possibly download the n-400 directions for future reference. And for future advisement to others. I can provide you with the website address if you like. But here is a list of what they say to send with the N-400

1. Passport photos

2. Copy of Permanent Resident Card

Now a list to bring with you to your INTERVIEW:

1. Copy of Permanent Resident Card

2. State Issued Identification

3. Passport and Travel Documents

4. Certified Arrest Reports

5. Traffic Fines and Incidents

6. For More Documents see (A Guide to Naturalization M-476)

Plus you will receive more information is the mail.

Your Welcome!

:thumbs:

Edited by MouadsWife

Timeline

Many apply to come to the United States and do not make it. Many make it within a few years, some several years. Many have had a difficult journey, coming from countries where life has been very difficult and coming here has only been just a dream that they thought was never possible; never thinking that saying the pledge of allegiance would ever sound so sweet coming from their very mouths. I have family that only dream of United States. That only dream of employment. That dream of the things that you and I take for granted. For those who think the Oath is meaningless, where being a citizen is meaningless, not no great moment, you should rethink our history. Or you shouldn't take the Oath for in my opinion, you are not worthy.

I stood in the Oath Ceremony and watched as my husband became a Citizen. There were approximately 60 people representing 39 countries. I will never forget that day and neither will he. There were not many dry eyes in that room. Many obstacles were overcome to get to that point. But it wasn't just obstacles.... it was more. Something deep. And it you feel nothing in your heart at that moment, well then, I should have to say nothing more...

Edited by MouadsWife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Several posts of two members removed for inter-personal bickering and being off topic. Stick to advice for the Op or thread bans will follow. *****

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Many apply to come to the United States and do not make it. Many make it within a few years, some several years. Many have had a difficult journey, coming from countries where life has been very difficult and coming here has only been just a dream that they thought was never possible; never thinking that saying the pledge of allegiance would ever sound so sweet coming from their very mouths. I have family that only dream of United States. That only dream of employment. That dream of the things that you and I take for granted. For those who think the Oath is meaningless, where being a citizen is meaningless, not no great moment, you should rethink our history. Or you shouldn't take the Oath for in my opinion, you are not worthy.

I stood in the Oath Ceremony and watched as my husband became a Citizen. There were approximately 60 people representing 39 countries. I will never forget that day and neither will he. There were not many dry eyes in that room. Many obstacles were overcome to get to that point. But it wasn't just obstacles.... it was more. Something deep. And it you feel nothing in your heart at that moment, well then, I should have to say nothing more...

I pm'd you.

***** Several posts of two members removed for inter-personal bickering and being off topic. Stick to advice for the Op or thread bans will follow. *****

Apologies :D

Timeline

My appologies well. :-)

btw: Helpme123 pm received

Edited by MouadsWife

My N400 application was the thinest application I ever had to do for USCIS.

Mine was less than 20 pages (old N400)

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Yes I agree.... All that evidence is already there. At our last interview, I seen how thick our file was... everything, including the marriage certificate and everything else was already there, in triplicate. lol I do not imagine that they look through the file prior to doing the interview. Also, this time when you go back, he will go back alone and do the interview without you. They will ask more questions about you and and your children, if you have any. Names, middle names, ex husbands if you have any, birth days, etc. Just more detailed things. So leave no stone unturned and be a little but more prepared this time.

I dont understand what you are trying to say to do or not do. Part of the requirements to file N400 is to provide these things over again (it is in a link in this thread as another member posted, remember things change and this may be new in the proccess) . Common sense tells me they have it somewhere in our file but I am not taking any chances. I will resend everything including MC, and more evidence of our marriage. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by StephanieM

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

xxxx xxxxxxxxx

120 xxxx Ave. xx Apt.

xxxxx, xx xxxxx

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Dallas Lockbox Facility

PO Box 660060

Dallas. TX 75266

December 27, 2014

Dear sir or Madam:

• Form G-1145

• Form N-400

• 2 Pictures

Yours truly,

Thanks!

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

Did they request the marriage certificate and divorce decrees, and etc? Look at the directions for the N-400 and "only send" what they specifically request. When we sent our N-400, they did not request that initially 'upfront'. Once the N-400 was received, they sent us the interview letter with a date and time to show up for the interview. They also sent us another letter, it was a yellow letter. In the yellow letter was a list of specific items they wanted us to bring to the interview. Of which were the marriage certificate, divorce decrees, and many of which you listed above. Download the N-400 and read the directions and it will tell you what to send with the form. I would not send anything "extra". Because you will still have to bring it with you to the interview. ;-)

The instructions clearly state to send marriage certificate, divorce decree, tax transcripts, etc.

If you are applying based on marriage, of course.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.