echo86

Please help!! Visa petition sent back to NVC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancé and I have been going through the process since last year. She is in Bangkok and I am in the US. She had her medical exam a couple days before her interview and the doctor said there was something wrong with her heart. Now it's been 2 months since the interview because of delays with the medical appointments. I just checked case status and it said via petition returned to NVC!! OMG I don't know what to do..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancé and I have been going through the process since last year. She is in Bangkok and I am in the US. She had her medical exam a couple days before her interview and the doctor said there was something wrong with her heart. Now it's been 2 months since the interview because of delays with the medical appointments. I just checked case status and it said via petition returned to NVC!! OMG I don't know what to do..

Check with the embassy to see if they really sent the case back because that's pretty quick simply due to a medical problem. I understand its her heart but what you have described could mean anything.

Timeline

I called the NVC and they said they received the case back from the embassy and sent it on to USCIS. But when I called USCIS they said they hadn't received anything and recommended that I have my fiance contact the embassy and file an extension. My anxiety is shooting through the roof right now.

Timeline

I called the NVC and they said they received the case back from the embassy and sent it on to USCIS. But when I called USCIS they said they hadn't received anything and recommended that I have my fiance contact the embassy and file an extension. My anxiety is shooting through the roof right now.

I suppose they feel like you do so the reaction was to send the case back. I mean so far all we know is she has a problem with her heart. Hopefully it isn't too serious but who knows. All they know is what the medical report indicated which is a mystery other than she has a heart problem.

She should have gotten a 221 G form with some indication of the problem.

Speculation would lead me to believe USCIS feels she could become a financial burden to the U S govt if she needed a heart operation or ? No one at the embassy is going to sign off on a case with that problem.

She could file an extension but what would that accomplish unless the problem that caused the delay is overcome?

The O P should consider a C R 1 which of course would require marriage in Thailand. The same problem will be revealed but you could indicate health insurance, use a joint sponsor if needed & have time to show progress with her health issues.

The problem with finding the case at USCIS is probably that the case hasn't been scanned into the system yet.

You could set an Info Pass appointment so you can hear in person what they may do with the case. I don't think the case has much chance until her medical situation changes or at least improves. If it was sent back to BKK again it would mean they are willing to ignore their own criteria.

Find Info Pass link on USCIS web site.

I hope her medical problem will be taken care of & you will both have what you are looking for. There are ways & methods to do so but it will require patience, understanding & money.

Timeline

Update:

My fiancé received her medical clearance from the hospital and mailed it to the embassy in Bangkok. But according to CEAC tracker, the petition was returned to NVC. I am assuming it is because the medical clearance took too long?? Just wondering what the process is now.

Timeline

Update:

My fiancé received her medical clearance from the hospital and mailed it to the embassy in Bangkok. But according to CEAC tracker, the petition was returned to NVC. I am assuming it is because the medical clearance took too long?? Just wondering what the process is now.

You or she should be in direct contact with the embassy & USCIS in the USA.

The embassy rejected the case due to medical. She didn't respond to whatever the 221 G instructed be done. The embassy has held cases like this until they were resolved but in this case they must have felt the problem needed to be corrected & wouldn't or couldn't be. There is a lot of missing info about what took place. That is exactly why the case was sent back.

Contact embassy to request the case be returned for further consideration of the new medical report indicating resolution for whatever was reflected in the original report. Notify them that they have the medical release or its in the mail. Ask for additional interview date asap or direction to re- file the case which forces you to start over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.