missingmyguy

medicals in VANCOUVER Canada

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For anyone in Canada thats going to Vancouver for your interview, (if your traveling) will you OR did you, have your medical done by Dr. Chema in Surrey? how did the timing work out? I will be traveling, so will this give me enough time to get results?

Thanks

Met online in jan 2013 became exclusive Feb1

Met in person Sept/ Engaged in Oct 2013 never wanted to leave each other.

Returned to visit July 31 2014 till Oct 2014

started our K1 VISA process...October 2014

K1 noa1 Oct 6 Texas.....now the wait begins...to start our journey together.

NOA2 email notice Approval May 14/2015 yay!

interview oct 28th 2015!

VISA APPROVED!

POE:

WEDDING

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Canada Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I can't remember which dr. did my medical in Vancouver- but mine was at the downtown office. I arrived about an hour or so before the doors were to be open. There was no scheduled time for the medical, just a date and time of opening. A lot of people showed up shortly after I arrive, so I was glad to be there early. Once the doors opened it was a relatively quick process. There is some paperwork to fill out, so it really didn't matter how early you showed up as they took people in the order of the paperwork submission. First I had some bloodwork done, and then waited a little bit before heading in to the medical exam. I think all things said and done I was out by 10am. I did have to return later that afternoon to pick up the CD with xray images and the paperwork to give to the interviewers. All in all it was such an easy process. I did also schedule my interview for the next day, which I would recommend to anyone if they can. It definitely saved me another long trip from Calgary.

How much time are you planning on spending in Vancouver?

Good luck!

For anyone in Canada thats going to Vancouver for your interview, (if your traveling) will you OR did you, have your medical done by Dr. Chema in Surrey? how did the timing work out? I will be traveling, so will this give me enough time to get results?
Thanks

Is ready for this journey to begin!

event.png

Service Center : Vermont Reminder letter for I-751 Received: 2015-04-09
Consulate : Vancouver, BC ROC packet sent to California Service Center: 2015-05-27
I-129F Sent : 2011-10-27 ROC packet received by USCIS: 2015-05-29
I-129F Received : 2010-11-01 1-751 NOA received: 2015-06-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-02-02 APPROVED!!!! I-751 Biometrics: 2015-08-25
NOA2 Hard Copy : 2012-02-07 I-751 Interview? or approval?
NOA2 Received 2012-02-15
Packet 3 : 2012-02-15 Received!!!
Packet 4 : 2012-03-17 Received!!!
Interview: 2012-04-19 - APPROVED!!!!
Visa On Hand :2012-04-21
POE: 2012-05-03 Toronto, ON, Canada

MARRIED <3 - 2012-06-07

I-485 &I-765: 2012-08-02

I-485- Interview: 2013-08-02 - APPROVED!!

Green Card in Hand: 2013-08-17

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks

IR-1 Visa.

I had my medical with Dr. Chema in April and it was simple. I traveled from Alberta and made a long weekend of it to visit friends and family. Had my medical on Thursday morning and results would have been ready for me to pick up on Friday after 4 pm, but there was a mix-up with my immunizations so I came back to Alberta, had the shot needed and emailed Dr. Cheema's office proof of immunization and then arranged for them to courier the results to me.

All in all it went pretty smoothly and Dr. Cheema and his office staff are very professional and friendly.

My interview was in Montreal the end of May

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

K-1 visa interviews in Vancouver are done on a Tuesday. Dr. Cheema will schedule you for an appointment on Friday to allow for results to come back, which you will pickup Monday afternoon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for this info. Im trying to determine how many days I need to spend...its costly. Ill be coming from Saskatchewan, and flying, so no car. But I dont like to be rushed, it stresses me. And I understand the doctor is in Surrey, and the interview in Vancouver.

Just want to make sure it all runs smoothly. Im going to get my required vaccinations done before I go, but if I miss one, Dr. Cheema dont do them?

Met online in jan 2013 became exclusive Feb1

Met in person Sept/ Engaged in Oct 2013 never wanted to leave each other.

Returned to visit July 31 2014 till Oct 2014

started our K1 VISA process...October 2014

K1 noa1 Oct 6 Texas.....now the wait begins...to start our journey together.

NOA2 email notice Approval May 14/2015 yay!

interview oct 28th 2015!

VISA APPROVED!

POE:

WEDDING

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, Dr. Cheema will provide the inoculations you need. However, they come with a charge and they aren't cheap. So, if you are worried about cost, get them done beforehand.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for this info. Im trying to determine how many days I need to spend...its costly. Ill be coming from Saskatchewan, and flying, so no car. But I dont like to be rushed, it stresses me. And I understand the doctor is in Surrey, and the interview in Vancouver.

Just want to make sure it all runs smoothly. Im going to get my required vaccinations done before I go, but if I miss one, Dr. Cheema dont do them?

Dr Cheema will do the shots, for an MMR shot he charges 45 dollars. I chose not to have it done in his office hoping that the lab would get the results of my Titer test to them the next day, but they didn't, so I had to get it done here in Edmonton and that cost me 72 dollars.... My advise is to call around for pricing and go with the least expensive

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.