teachermarites

How to know if Case is COMPLETE?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all!

So it's been awhile since I had my own interview. Now it's my parent's turn. I received an email from the NVC which says

"Dear Sir/Madam,All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case hasbeen received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner andattorney (if applicable) will be notified. The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employmentuntil the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of theinterview.Sincerely,DirectorNational Visa Center"

Does this mean CASE IS COMPLETE?

Back in 2011, NVC will email you and specifically will tell you that your case is complete and would wait for interview schedule.

Is there a link where I could go to check status?

Any answers will be appreciated.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, that is the case complete email. The next email you will receive is the interview letter.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh sweet!

Do you know how long before you get a schedule? Days? Weeks? Months?

And when do you think the interview will be? July? August?

This is my dad's case. He doesn't speak English fluently. Does embassy allow him to be with someone or do they provide interpreter?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure but more or less within a month?

He cannot bring an interpreter with him. Before the actual interview with the American consul begins, they will ask him if he needs an interpreter. If he says yes, one will be provided and I believe some consuls can actually speak Tagalog or any other dialect.

Yes it means case complete. My moms paper was sent to embassy with no interview date so i did schedule an interview for her because it was approved for expedite.

Hello all!

So it's been awhile since I had my own interview. Now it's my parent's turn. I received an email from the NVC which says

"Dear Sir/Madam,All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case hasbeen received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner andattorney (if applicable) will be notified. The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employmentuntil the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of theinterview.Sincerely,DirectorNational Visa Center"

Does this mean CASE IS COMPLETE?

Back in 2011, NVC will email you and specifically will tell you that your case is complete and would wait for interview schedule.

Is there a link where I could go to check status?

Any answers will be appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.