25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

One of my posts in the following thread was removed yesterday by a moderator: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/550912-what-i-should-do-after-i-got-pending-condition-green-card-i-751-for-2-years/

All I did was replying to post #11, saying "I agree". How is that "Off Topic"??

Also, I have helped the OP with multiple useful posts in the very same thread.

This forum is way over-moderated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Grenada
Timeline

Lol guess the topic wasn't agreeable

AOS

14-03-2015 AOS Package sent

17-03-2015 AOS Package received by Lockbox

19-03-2015 NOA 1 received via email

26-03-2015 NOA 1 Hard Copy Received

27-03-2015 Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

08-04-2015 Biometrics Appointment (DONE)

29-05-2015 Status change (AP Approved/EAD ordered to be produced)

04-06-2015 Card mailed

05-06-2015 NOA 2 Hard copy received

06-06-2015 EAD/AP In Hand

26-06-2015 Interview waiver hard copy received

05-10-2015 AOS Welcome Notice Mailed

08-10-2015 Card mailed

09-10-2015 Welcome Notice hard copy received

13-10-2015 CARD IN HAND!!!! WOOHOO!!!

I-751 (Removing Conditions)

06-10-2017 Package sent

Island Boy 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Agreeing with somebody is off topic.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Agreeing with somebody is off topic.

How is agreeing with someone off topic in a discussion forum? It is not like I just hopped in and said "I agree". There was a conversation taking place and as a last reply I said I agree. What is wrong with that seriously? This is ridiculous. There are hundred times more off topic posts on this site that don't get removed.

Timeline

Mod said your post had been removed as it was off topic.

Mods are Gods

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I had a whole question apparently removed and I don't know what I did wrong. It was moved to a subforum I can't even find on here and now I can't access it at all. Never got any replies except that it had been moved.

Been too anxious and stressed (over the matter I was asking the question about...) to look into it.

It has put me off trying to get help here again. Having seen someone ask a similar question a few days later, I really am at a loss as to what I did that was unacceptable.

Edited by mel.d

Timeline

The one about common law marriage?

I had a whole question apparently removed and I don't know what I did wrong. It was moved to a subforum I can't even find on here and now I can't access it at all. Never got any replies except that it had been moved.

Been too anxious and stressed (over the matter I was asking the question about...) to look into it.

It has put me off trying to get help here again. Having seen someone ask a similar question a few days later, I really am at a loss as to what I did that was unacceptable.

Yeah, strange things happen here sometimes. Don't let it hold you back from asking for help though.

I have been a pretty active member of this site for a little more than a year. I like to help people, discuss things, and connecting with those who go through the same journey. I'm not perfect (no one is) but when my post gets removed for no reason at all, I wonder whether this place is for me or not. I have seen some moderators abusing their "power", lecturing and belittling members and being arrogant in general. There have been many threads about this, but not-so-surprisingly all of them got quickly shot down and locked. This is a problem that needs to be addressed, instead of being swept under the rug.

Timeline

The only plus is that they do come and go, I remember a year ago there was one definitely on an ego trip, seems to have disappeared now.

Timeline

The one about common law marriage?

Nope, that got the answer I expected and very quickly. I asked about ideas for proving ties to Australia when I go to visit my boyfriend next Tuesday. I've just moved interstate and back to my grandmother's to save for the K-1 process, I am self employed and taking 80 day trip before securing clients in my current city. I'm only bringing a couple thousand dollars because we're homebodies, and I've probably worked up more stree and anxiety than I need, but would have liked some reassurance and/or ideas.

Sorry for hijacking the OP with my gripe :/

Timeline

I have seen some moderators abusing their "power", lecturing and belittling members and being arrogant in general. There have been many threads about this, but not-so-surprisingly all of them got quickly shot down and locked. This is a problem that needs to be addressed, instead of being swept under the rug.

Compared to the forum I met my boyfriend on, this is nothing :P that place is troll anarchy. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention or I haven't been here enough, but I've always thought the mods here were fine. Maybe I just have low standards after my experience on this other forum :P

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The only plus is that they do come and go, I remember a year ago there was one definitely on an ego trip, seems to have disappeared now.

That also seems to occur with some VJ members in general. B-)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

That also seems to occur with some VJ members in general. B-)

True. But the difference is that the moderators should be the ones showing an example. I'm not saying that every each moderator on this site is unfair, arrogant and nitpicking but some definitely are and other members notice this too.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

True. But the difference is that the moderators should be the ones showing an example. I'm not saying that every each moderator on this site is unfair, arrogant and nitpicking but some definitely are and other members notice this too.

As a new mod, I can certainly understand what you are saying, but now I am able to see a more broader view of the site and its operation. However, there are certainly some VJ members that other members also notice, then avoid and block. Now, as a mod, I have to deal with this sometimes unbelievable behavior. As a volunteer, I was asked to do this, and I feel that this is a good way to pay back to the VJ community for all of the information and support that was given to me and my family on our immigration journey. For some of the necessary dealings with the unsavory elements that are often present on this site, I would gladly give back one-half of the compensation..... Oh yea, wait a minute it is a voluntary position, with no remuneration of any kind. :yes:

Read the TOS about moderators and where is talks about showing an example:

Moderators. The term moderator refers to a member at VisaJourney that has the following additional "moderation" abilities to interact on the discussion forums compared to non-moderator members: Closing Topics, Moving Topics, Temporarily Removing Topics or Posts from Public View and Temporarily Limiting Access to the discussion forums by other members. These additional abilities are only used when when a Moderator believes that a member's activity or Posted content on the discussion forums does not comply with the VisaJourney TOS. VisaJourney does not actively monitor the use of these "moderation" abilities by Moderators, however if a member disagrees with a Moderators use of these "moderation" abilities they may contact VisaJourney and request that the Moderators actions be reviewed. The final decision on whether to reverse or alter a Moderator's action(s) will be decided at the sole discretion of VisaJourney.

A moderator, being a MEMBER of VisaJourney, is in no way affiliated, paid by, or otherwise compensated by VisaJourney. Moderators have no control over the operation or presentation of VisaJourney other than their existing member and "moderation" abilties on the discussion forums. These limited abilities should in no way imply a relationship or affiliation with VisaJourney beyond any other member of the board. Their actions and liabilities are fully bound by the TOS. Any opinions or statements made by a moderator do not necessarily reflect the opinions or beliefs of VisaJourney. Moderators receive no compensation of any kind from VisaJourney.

I believe that most try to set a good example, not because they are a mod, but that is just their general character, and just happen to be a mod.

YMMV.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca