Nich-Nick

Interview date to Visa in hand. How long? 2015 data

139 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

May I ask, Did everyone follow whether or not they went from ready to administrative processing to issued? Did anybody stay in administrative processing the entire time and then their visa just showed up? We are still in AP and we are on day eight.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
14 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

May I ask, Did everyone follow whether or not they went from ready to administrative processing to issued? Did anybody stay in administrative processing the entire time and then their visa just showed up? We are still in AP and we are on day eight.

In general the longer times shown were because of some slight problem. The point of the thread was to show your times will vary a lot. Take June 2015. There was a security breach and all visas worldwide were halted until they could sort it out, reboot, reprogram or whatever. So those that had interviewed and were expecting a week turnaround, were suddenly paused. Some of those didn't have their medical at the embassy in time so getting the visa took longer. One was a pickup and he didn't go soon enough because of his work schedule so it got sent to a different depot which was already closed for the day when he got there. Things happen that can delay getting your visa in hand.

As to AP and London. If it goes longer than a week or two, those were ones typically not born in the UK who were put through optional security checks after the interview. Muslim ties, terrorist country ties and the like can lengthen the process. But right now with the embassy just moved and maybe new staff added, your delay could be related to the move and everybody getting settle into their new space.

edit: I see your delay is because your medical wasn't there to be reviewed. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

In general the longer times shown were because of some slight problem. The point of the thread was to show your times will vary a lot. Take June 2015. There was a security breach and all visas worldwide were halted until they could sort it out, reboot, reprogram or whatever. So those that had interviewed and were expecting a week turnaround, were suddenly paused. Some of those didn't have their medical at the embassy in time so getting the visa took longer. One was a pickup and he didn't go soon enough because of his work schedule so it got sent to a different depot which was already closed for the day when he got there. Things happen that can delay getting your visa in hand.

As to AP and London. If it goes longer than a week or two, those were ones typically not born in the UK who were put through optional security checks after the interview. Muslim ties, terrorist country ties and the like can lengthen the process. But right now with the embassy just moved and maybe new staff added, your delay could be related to the move and everybody getting settle into their new space.

edit: I see your delay is because your medical wasn't there to be reviewed. 

We changed to non immigrant and AP today so not sure what’s next but I’m assuming the medical got there and has been processed🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/15/2018 at 4:55 AM, AZSunshine78 said:

im in the same situation, had my interview 02/21. medical results were not there. Knightsbridge said they have signed it and sent it over. And our status is AP since 21/02 with only 2 days of dates changed, 02/22 and 02/23. today is my 8th day in AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.