upkilo

The nightmare of Administrative Processing

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi every one, I passed the consulate interview for DV 2015 on May 13 at US Consulate Casablanca Morocco, everything went smoothly, after the interview she told me your request is approved and congratulation for winning the DV and good luck in your journey to the US, comeback on Tuesday 19 to pick up your passport and the visa.

on Tuesday 19 I went to consulate (after 4 hours of traveling in third word transportation :ranting: I made to Casablanca + 3 hours waiting to 3:30 pm to kick off + 1 hour at consulate) they told me "we will call you" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that's it no other words and I told to leave the consulate, after I checked the website I knew that they pout in "Administrative Processing" after two days I sent them an email they didn't replay.

so now I'm staring feeling nervous and having nightmares (I swear the god for real) because I can wait another year if you give an exact date no problems but "we will call you" your mind king off it's stuck + anxiety

PS: two other person were with me in day of the interview they gave theme there visa

is this a random pick up or they saw something in me, I passed the interview in English + clean court and police record + two years in the university (I study Physics I been asked what I study) I never Traveled outside Morocco actually the passport I gave theme was my first passport

does anybody have any clue how long this "we will call you" will last?

Do you have a common name? It's possible that it's the same as someone on a watchlist and they need to do extra checks.

It's unusual for someone in DV to go into AP this early in the FY and not get resolved in time before end-September, if that's any consolation. Most of those who are still in AP at fiscal year end are those who were put there in August/September. There does seem to be, as with other processes, a more urgent processing for DV cases.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Timeline

Do you have a common name? It's possible that it's the same as someone on a watchlist and they need to do extra checks.

It's unusual for someone in DV to go into AP this early in the FY and not get resolved in time before end-September, if that's any consolation. Most of those who are still in AP at fiscal year end are those who were put there in August/September. There does seem to be, as with other processes, a more urgent processing for DV cases.

Thanks for replying Mr SusieQQQ

I have an Arabic Name (it's common in my country), as I mention I have a clean record, never traveled outside the country.

I'm a Tech savvy probably they found on the internet, I'm a Computer Programmer, I have nothing to hide.

Thanks for replying Mr SusieQQQ

I have an Arabic Name (it's common in my country), as I mention I have a clean record, never traveled outside the country.

I'm a Tech savvy probably they found on the internet, I'm a Computer Programmer, I have nothing to hide.

Don't take it too personally. I've seen (literally the family in front of us) a kid of probably 9 or 10 being delayed with his family checking into a flight to the US because he had the same name as someone on a watchlist. My guess would be it's probably something like this and they are just double checking everything. Hopefully it won't take too long.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone my status changed to "Ready" on June 9, I know there is Technological Systems Issue, is this mean I'm out of AP and My Visa will be issued.

It certainly sounds like it! Hope you get good news soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.