DRAGONKNIGHT421

Couple of Questions (affidavit of support, military expedite, etc.)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey everyone. I'm from America and my fiancee is from South Korea. We got our NOA2 on May 13th, so we're just waiting for the NVC to get their act together. In the meantime I'm doing everything I can to prepare her for her interview and I have a couple of questions.

1. When I called the NVC, they said that after receiving my case number, I can apply for a "military expedite", seeing as how my orders forced me to leave Korea and created our separation. Is it going to make any difference? What part of the process gets expedited?

2. In the Affidavit of Support FAQ it states "Some foreign U.S. consulates require a 2nd affidavit of support which is called "sponsor's financial responsibility

under the social security act." It is a simple form and easily filled out and signed. The Hong Kong consulate has may
require this form." How do I know if I'm gonna need this thing?

3. In block 9 of the Affidavit of Support it asks "I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s)" and block 10 "I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following person(s)." If I was married to a foreign national before and we went through the K-1 visa process, am I supposed to put her information in blocks 9 and 10?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone. I'm from America and my fiancee is from South Korea. We got our NOA2 on May 13th, so we're just waiting for the NVC to get their act together. In the meantime I'm doing everything I can to prepare her for her interview and I have a couple of questions.

1. When I called the NVC, they said that after receiving my case number, I can apply for a "military expedite", seeing as how my orders forced me to leave Korea and created our separation. Is it going to make any difference? What part of the process gets expedited?

2. In the Affidavit of Support FAQ it states "Some foreign U.S. consulates require a 2nd affidavit of support which is called "sponsor's financial responsibility

under the social security act." It is a simple form and easily filled out and signed. The Hong Kong consulate has may

3. In block 9 of the Affidavit of Support it asks "I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s)" and block 10 "I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following person(s)." If I was married to a foreign national before and we went through the K-1 visa process, am I supposed to put her information in blocks 9 and 10?

1. Military expedites are for deployments orders. They expedite getting through the NVC, which only takes a few weeks anyway...not worth the time or effort. The initial stage is where you would have wanted to expedite if qualified.

2, Not sure what Hong Kong means to you in South Korea. You will be fine with just your 134 as long as you make enough.

3. Yes, you must put that. You answered yes to the question right? So why wouldn't you have to put it,

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: Timeline

Yes you definitely have to put your ex-wife's information there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.