Michael_88

K-1 Visa approved! No further updates??

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Visa Journeyers!

I had my K-1 Visa interview in Montreal on May 13th and was approved! My question is I've checked the status of my case and it only shows that it's "ready" for an interview although I've already had my interview two weeks ago. It states that I should check within 2 business days for an update. It has already been over two business days, should I be concerned at this point? I'm just waiting to see the "ISSUED" notice when I check. Is this normal to experience delays? Around when should I expect my passport to be sent back to me? I'm getting really nervous over here lol! Answers would be great thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sometimes updates are slow. Contact the consulate.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Visa Journeyers!

I had my K-1 Visa interview in Montreal on May 13th and was approved! My question is I've checked the status of my case and it only shows that it's "ready" for an interview although I've already had my interview two weeks ago. It states that I should check within 2 business days for an update. It has already been over two business days, should I be concerned at this point? I'm just waiting to see the "ISSUED" notice when I check. Is this normal to experience delays? Around when should I expect my passport to be sent back to me? I'm getting really nervous over here lol! Answers would be great thanks!!

Hey, maybe you got your issued but just so you know, there are a few of us who get stuck with "ready" when everyone else has been issued. So you are not alone. My interview was May 22nd and I am also still just waiting. Hang in there. Edited by mag2929

Timeline

Hey, maybe you got your issued but just so you know, there are a few of us who get stuck with "ready" when everyone else has been issued. So you are not alone. My interview was May 22nd and I am also still just waiting. Hang in there.

Interesting. I wonder why that is some of us don't get the "issued" status shown online. I'm guessing if there was an issue the Consulate would have contacted me by now, no? I just hope I get my passport with visa affixed to it soon. I've been checking online everyday and my email religiously to see if I get a notification from Loomis to pick up my passport. Hopefully there are no issues for those of us waiting to receive are passports back.

Timeline

My interview date in Montreal was on May 19th. Still on "ready" too. Last update was May 27th. I checked my email and status everyday.

The last update on my case was on May 27th as well with my status showing "ready" too. Hopefully everything is good to go for next week! Maybe they're experiencing a high volume of cases?!? I just want everything to go smoothly.

Timeline

Any updates? Hopefully this week everybody has a good news.

My status was last updated May 27th. It still says "ready". I'm concerned, hopefully everything is clear by this Friday. How about your case?

Timeline

Mine was updated today, June 2 but still on "ready". We cannot make a reservation for our reception because of this! Just check it everyday. I am expecting any time this week, hopefully! :(

I think I can shed some light on this topic...

My wife's visa was approved on May 26th. We expected a call from the embassy the next day for us to come pick up her passport and visa. Three days later, nothing. I gave them a call, and they told me that the processing center is experiencing technical difficulties, and they don't know when it will be back online.

The visa is approved, we have the alien registration number, but the visa simply cannot be printed. We are suppose to fly in two weeks so I asked them what to do. Wait and hope they get it back online was the response.

Supposedly it's a worldwide outage effecting all embassies and consulates. The same thing happened last July, but I haven't found any recent news about it so I was searching here.

The only notice of the problem is on the CEAC website. If you visit the CEAC website and click on the D260 form link, a notice about the problem appears at the top of the page in red.

Good luck to us all.

Edit:

Here is the notice from the CEAC website:

"We are aware that some applicants continue to experience technical difficulty. If you are unable to access the form DS-260, DS-261, or pay immigrant visa processing fees and have an emergency need, please contact the Embassy where your visa will be processed for further instructions. We are working to address this issue and apologize for any inconvenience."

Edited by Prague

Supposedly it's a worldwide outage effecting all embassies and consulates. The same thing happened last July, but I haven't found any recent news about it so I was searching here.

Thank you for this info, Prague! I wonder how systemic this issue is and if it affects all visas? Our embassy said it can take them 4-6 weeks to contact us for an appointment after they have received the file. We're fine with that because the petition is there, but I wonder if this may have something to do with it too?

Whether it does or does not, it helps me be more patient in the process! Thumbs up to you, buddy! :thumbs:

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Thank you for the informative information Prague! I didn't realise all of that was happening. My case now has been updated as of today and states that it's under "Administrative Processing". Now is this a bad thing? Do all cases go under this step?

My wife's visa was approved on May 26th. We expected a call from the embassy the next day for us to come pick up her passport and visa. Three days later, nothing. I gave them a call, and they told me that the processing center is experiencing technical difficulties, and they don't know when it will be back online.

The visa is approved, we have the alien registration number, but the visa simply cannot be printed. We are suppose to fly in two weeks so I asked them what to do. Wait and hope they get it back online was the response.

The only notice of the problem is on the CEAC website. If you visit the CEAC website and click on the D260 form link, a notice about the problem appears at the top of the page in red.

Good luck to us all.

Edit:
Here is the notice from the CEAC website:
"We are aware that some applicants continue to experience technical difficulty. If you are unable to access the form DS-260, DS-261, or pay immigrant visa processing fees and have an emergency need, please contact the Embassy where your visa will be processed for further instructions. We are working to address this issue and apologize for any inconvenience."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.