icechamp31

How easy is it to be approved after a 221g denial?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We had our interview a month ago and were denied under 221g because we didn't have one of his criminal record checks. We applied for it in March but it finally got processed, now 2 months later even though it was supposed to take 5-10 days. It came back clean with no problems. At the interview we were given a piece of paper telling us to send the record, when we recieve it along with his passport to the embassy. There were no other problems, just this record delay and the interview went really well, the guy was super nice to my fiance. Does this mean we will get the visa once we send in the document?

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We had our interview a month ago and were denied under 221g because we didn't have one of his criminal record checks. We applied for it in March but it finally got processed, now 2 months later even though it was supposed to take 5-10 days. It came back clean with no problems. At the interview we were given a piece of paper telling us to send the record, when we recieve it along with his passport to the embassy. There were no other problems, just this record delay and the interview went really well, the guy was super nice to my fiance. Does this mean we will get the visa once we send in the document?

Most likely. Did they keep the passport?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

No they didn't keep his passport. They told us to send it in with the police report and a reciept telling them which post office to send the passport so we can go pick it up.

CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

No they didn't keep his passport. They told us to send it in with the police report and a reciept telling them which post office to send the passport so we can go pick it up.

Then it's just a matter of time before you have your visa in hand! The record was clean and they wouldn't ask for your visa and pick up place if they didn't intend to give you the visa. They just wanted to make sure he hadn't committed a crime. Congratulations :)

Filed: Timeline

No one can tell you for sure at this point, but most likely yes. The best thing you can do is to provide the documentation they ask for then they will notify you about the decision. Good luck!

Timeline

Awesome. We can start sending out wedding invitations then. Getting the report was a nightmare.

CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

Filed: Timeline

Awesome. We can start sending out wedding invitations then. Getting the report was a nightmare.

Most definitely not. Sometimes it takes a month (or more) just to process the simple document and send out the visa. Don't make any concrete plans until the visa is in your hand. Pleae don't hamstring yourself with a fixed wedding date. It will cause more headache than benefit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Do not send out wedding invitations until you have the visa in hand. No one can tell you how long it will take before they process your visa, you could still get AP at this point.

Timeline

I know someone who was in the exact situation at the same embassy who got the visa a week after sending in the documents. So guess what I will send out the inviations because we have a fixed date. And telling me I may still get administrative processing? The interview went perfectly and the guy just told us to send in the document and passport. So know I won't get administrative processing. Your pessimism was not needed or asked for. I will send out the invitations ASAP because I actually have relatives I want at my wedding. Reposting on these forums was a mistake because some people are so pessimistic.

CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I know someone who was in the exact situation at the same embassy who got the visa a week after sending in the documents. So guess what I will send out the inviations because we have a fixed date. And telling me I may still get administrative processing? The interview went perfectly and the guy just told us to send in the document and passport. So know I won't get administrative processing. Your pessimism was not needed or asked for. I will send out the invitations ASAP because I actually have relatives I want at my wedding. Reposting on these forums was a mistake because some people are so pessimistic.

It has nothing to do with pessimism and everything to do with reality, Turkey is known for giving AP. Everyone in this forum and all embassies tell you to never make plans until the visa is physically in your possession. My husband had AP that lasted for almost 3 months and so many others get AP and other delays.

Timeline

I don't appreciate your negative view on things. The reality was we were denied solely because we were missing a document. They told us to send that document with his passport when it got here. There is no logic behind why they would AP us if they just told us to send it in and everything will be fine. I woke up this morning feeling positive because our document arrived so we could send it in and get the visa like they told us. After reading this my mood went down the toilet

And guess what if I want my family at my wedding I have to make plans, I cannot expect people to fly across the country at short notice, I have to tell them in advance

CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

I don't appreciate your negative view on things. The reality was we were denied solely because we were missing a document. They told us to send that document with his passport when it got here. There is no logic behind why they would AP us if they just told us to send it in and everything will be fine. I woke up this morning feeling positive because our document arrived so we could send it in and get the visa like they told us. After reading this my mood went down the toilet

And guess what if I want my family at my wedding I have to make plans, I cannot expect people to fly across the country at short notice, I have to tell them in advance

AP is still a possibility. Being issued a 221g for a missing document has no bearing on whether or not they will do AP. Have a bit of a search here, and see how many people have ended up in just this situation.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.