2012-01-31 : I-129F NOA1 Notice Date
2012-02-01 : Touch
2012-07-05 : RFE Email (after 161 days)
2012-07-11 : RFE Received in Mail
2012-07-12 : RFE Reply Sent via USPS Overnight
2012-07-13 : RFE Reply Received at VSC at 12:16 PM
2012-07-18 : Case status updated to: "Request for Evidence Response Review"
2012-09-20 : Service Request Submitted with Tier 2 ISO
2012-09-25 : NOA2 Approved after 242 days!!
2013-01-07: Medical
2013-01-22: Interview - Approved! smile.png

My blog and video review of the Montreal Hotel that we stayed in: http://fanatictourist.com/blog/travel-tales/review-le-square-phillips-hotel-and-suites-montreal-canada/

2013-04-30: POE - Sarnia / Pt. Huron

2013-05-06: Made it legal.

2013-06-10: Apply for AOS, EAD and AP

2013-08-27: EAD / AP Received
2013-09-17: Greencard Received

2013-09-28: Wedding! smile.png

2015-06-15: Sent I-751 Application - Removal of Conditions.
2015-11-23: Approved
2015-12-02: 10 yr Green Card Rec'd.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ouchhh!!! Sorry!! I just realized, you were replying to the pic.

No Worries. :) It's so good to see everyone so genuinely excited when someone receives their status ISSUED!! Hopefully Thursday will be our turn :)

Edited by CandAm

Timeline

The waiting continues.. for us. Interviewed since 5/5.. On READY since 6/2.. Last update 7/2... still READY.. How is everyone else waiting on MTL doing?? I am so frustrated right now. :( hOW

Timeline

The waiting continues.. for us. Interviewed since 5/5.. On READY since 6/2.. Last update 7/2... still READY.. How is everyone else waiting on MTL doing?? I am so frustrated right now. :( hOW

Hi CandAm:

Montreal had 2 holidays last week, hopefully they catch up this week. Stay positive!! I know how hard it's ;-)

Timeline

Hi CandAm:

Montreal had 2 holidays last week, hopefully they catch up this week. Stay positive!! I know how hard it's ;-)

Hi Idy Fdez thanks for the encouragement. Yes I know they had a 3 day work week.. I am just struggling to understand their process. Their response to Inquiries state that documents are reviewed in the order received.. That is simply not true.. BUT there is really no one to discuss that with.(MTL is really an impersonal and SLOW consulate). Just annoyed that yesterday marked 2 months since my hubby's interview and its been 46 (36 by their documentation)days since we sent them the requested additional documents and 34 days since he has been on READY and no clear answer or expectation of when this never ending over 16 months journey will come to an end. I am trying to stay positive but today has been a challenging day!! How are you ?? Praying you will get some answers this week. :)

Timeline

Hi Idy Fdez thanks for the encouragement. Yes I know they had a 3 day work week.. I am just struggling to understand their process. Their response to Inquiries state that documents are reviewed in the order received.. That is simply not true.. BUT there is really no one to discuss that with.(MTL is really an impersonal and SLOW consulate). Just annoyed that yesterday marked 2 months since my hubby's interview and its been 46 (36 by their documentation)days since we sent them the requested additional documents and 34 days since he has been on READY and no clear answer or expectation of when this never ending over 16 months journey will come to an end. I am trying to stay positive but today has been a challenging day!! How are you ?? Praying you will get some answers this week. :)

you are absolutely right about Montreal, they are so slow! i have no words to describe them, I will tell you to send an email but sometimes i get scared that this will delay the process even more... about my case Im not ok... not knowing how long it might take makes me feel so frustrated and sad because there's nothing I can do but wait. i'm becoming maniac checking the status at every hour. can't concentrate at work :clock::no:

I'll keep you posted (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Same silent treatment for us. I've contacted both Congresswoman Lois Frankel and Senator Marco Rubio in an attempt to get some action as our time is running out. It's been over 60 days since the interview and they're still holding our passports..

Here is the response from the Montreal Consulate to Congresswoman Frankel. It's the he same response we got, but in a nicer tone. And I gagged when I read " extensive administrative processing".. Umm, one signed job offer proving my domicile is extensive administrative processing?? We also sent them a package on May 11th, but they only seem to recognize receiving the second package June 5th. Scary to know all my personal financial information isn't accounted for!

And the more we contact, the further delay they punish us with. I sent a note to the White House today. I doubt much will come of it and really too late, but figured it was worth a shot.

The Honorable Lois Frankel

United States House of Representatives

Attention: Tina Marciano

Dear Congresswoman Frankel:

Thank you for your e-mail communication regarding the fiancé(e) visa case of Andrew on behalf of Vanda

We are pleased to inform you that the applicant attended a visa interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal on May 06, 2015. At time of the interview the adjudicating consular officer got to know that the U.S. Citizen petitioner has been living in Canada since 2005. The consular officer found the visa application incomplete and refused the applicant under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The adjudicating consular officer requested the applicant to complete the visa application by submitting evidence of Petitioner’s U.S. domicile.

We confirm that the Visa Unit has received the additional documents submitted by the applicant on June 5, 2015, and the case is pending review by the consular officer. The adjudication process generally takes a little more time for fiancé(e) visas. At this time the review process takes up to eight weeks. As soon as the review is complete, we will provide your office and your constituent and beneficiary further details regarding the status of the fiancé(e) visa application.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the U.S. visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of this applicant’s visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the State Department are aware of her concerns and that we will contact the applicant as soon as we have updated details regarding the status of the case.

The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal is committed to provide your constituent and the beneficiary of this case full and fair consideration consistent with applicable United States laws, rules, and regulations of processing immigrant visa applications upon conclusion of the administrative processing.

Meanwhile, your constituent and the beneficiary of this case are welcome to regularly visit https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC if they wish to verify the status of the case online. The online system has the most up-to-date status information. We do not have any additional information to what is provided by the online status check system.

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your constituent; please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank You.

Sincerely,

Consular Correspondence Unit (PS)

U.S. Consulate General

Montreal, Canada

Timeline

WOW.....Seems like the same response we have all been getting. If they are saying June 5th, then you are in your 7th week. I would contact them end of next week stating that it has been 8 weeks since the documents have been received. I am in the same boat as you except my in laws did the sponsoring but were missing one document which I submitted and was received June 4th. I have yet to hear anything but it is in consular review.

Good luck. I can sympathize with you. This process has taken more toll on me than the waiting part until the interview for over a year. It has been over a year and half since I started this whole process. It is truly sad and disappointing.

Timeline

WOW.....Seems like the same response we have all been getting. If they are saying June 5th, then you are in your 7th week. I would contact them end of next week stating that it has been 8 weeks since the documents have been received. I am in the same boat as you except my in laws did the sponsoring but were missing one document which I submitted and was received June 4th. I have yet to hear anything but it is in consular review.

Good luck. I can sympathize with you. This process has taken more toll on me than the waiting part until the interview for over a year. It has been over a year and half since I started this whole process. It is truly sad and disappointing.

All I can say is DITTO to everything. I received the same letter last night. So fustrated. My hubby had his interview on 5/5. Received the 221g we provided the document. Got to MTL on 5/19.. They record it as 5/29.. 6/2 Changed his status from Administrative processing to READY ...And here we are 7/7 he is still on READY... So I guess they are holding to the 8 week timeline which puts us either during the week of 7/19 or 7/27. Only the good Lord knows the toll this has taken on my family.. Anyway let us encourage each other. Hang in there.

Every person in the same situation should contact their Congressmen, Senators, and the White House to request a congressional investigation.

Count 8 weeks from June 5th. That's when they say you should have your visa. So about Aug 1st.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.