NoProblem

How to proceed - Medical - Fiance being treated for TB

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I had filed for K-1 for my fiance last year around May. My fiance had her medical overseas and was diagnosed with TB. She had her sputum test positive and is now in her 4th month of treatment. She is supposed to complete her treatment in total 6 months and then she will receive her completed medical report to go along with her K-1 interview.

My fiance had her interview scheduled last year but did not go to the interview. Someone from Islamabad embassy called her and she mentioned to him that she is completing her medical. Also, on Dec. 03, 2014 I sent a message to the US EM that she is going through sputum test.

On CEAC website I query the following status for our case.

Case Creation Date: 19-Jun-2014
Status Updated Date: 06-Nov-2014
Question 1: Do I need to do anything like inform the embassy about TB treatment and the time of treatment completion or just have her treatment complete and then request new interview date from the embassy in Islamabad.
Question 2: It seems the case is in dormant state. Is there an expiration time-frame with the case? Do I need to do anything in addition or except contact the embassy as inform them that I will be requesting interview date in about 3 months? or shall I ask them not to toss out this case and keep it pending?
Question 3: Will my affidavit of support stay valid or would I need to send a new one. I already sent the embassy my most recent pay stubs and continued job letter. I can send them my new 2014 tax returns as well.
Is ok if you can answer at least one of my above questions.
Thank you.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Immediately contact the U.S. Embassy. I think the expiration is 6 months but contact embassy ASAP to give u more time in the case. They will guide u in everything. U need to redo affidavit documents especially the taxes and stubs. The support letter from ur boss needs to be updated to. Or else I think they will give u a RFE for an updated Affidavit(who assures them u still work)

I wish you good luck. The fiancée needs to file the results of her treatment to the embassy doctors if she did the treatment someplace else.

Good luck with everything now on the last final step. We are still anxious waiting for NOA2

Edited by izabelajean

Timeline

The embassy medical panel suggested a local doctor for TB treatment. Per my information, once treatment is completed, this TB doctor will notify the US embassy medical panel and then medical report will be issued.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

Timeline

yes, and then the sealed envelope with the medical reports either ur fiancée will get it with her in the interview day ( without opening it) among the other documents or the embassy doctor staff will send it themselves. This by choise.

Timeline

I was informed that the embassy doctor will send in the report to the embassy directly as well as give a sealed copy to my fiance.

The last email I had from embassy stated that I contact them regarding new interview date. I had contacted them on Dec. 03, 14 and informed that she is going through her sputum test.

October 31, 2014: "Please let our office know a month in advance of her next desired date. If possible we will have her re-scheduled for this date or one close to it. Please note that we may not be able to give her a new interview date according to her preference."

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

Timeline

Well I see it's been almost 7 months since it last contact with the embassy. in how long ur fiancée will be done with her treatment? First u need to contact the embassy and ask them if ur case is expired (k1 expires in 6 months) and ask to "refund" the time. Also if ur fiancée is around 1 month close to finishing start deciding a date and let embassy know the date u decided.

Edited by izabelajean

Timeline

I think K-1 expires in 6 months but the application with the embassy stays in dormant state for at least a year (may be more). The medical doctor said that it will stay dormant unless you contact them and withdraw the application or if fiance decide not to proceed further. I just needed confirmation from members about this so lets see if someone with similar experience can shed more light on this case.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

Timeline

I sent the following message to the US Embassy that has case for my fiance. I will share the response I will receive (if any). Sometimes these messages go into land of nowhere.

Greetings,
This to inform you that my fiance was identified for TB via sputum test and she is going through her TB treatment at this time. My fiance will complete her treatment in the next 3 months and then I will request an interview date for her.
Please continue to hold processing on this case and inform me if you need any updated document such as my 2014 tax returns; most recent continued employment letter, pay stubs or more.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

Timeline

No word from the embassy yet.

On CEAC website it seems like the case is active and interview schedule is being awaited.

I will wait next 3 months and then contact the embassy to schedule my fiance's interview once her medical is cleared and processed.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.