livindadream

Is it too early to start calling NVC for case complete?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi VJ, so I had received notification from NVC that they received all my packets on May 4th (23 days ago), they stated in the letter that it could take 60 days or more to finish processing. Of course I am inpatient and was wondering if I should start calling them and asking if it is complete? Will this just irritate them? lol. I have called them before when I was waiting to get a case number assigned, and most agents were so rude!!!! Was just wondering if anyone else was able to call to find out if case was complete, or did you just have to wait for the letter/email to come?

Filed: Timeline

Hi VJ, so I had received notification from NVC that they received all my packets on May 4th (23 days ago), they stated in the letter that it could take 60 days or more to finish processing. Of course I am inpatient and was wondering if I should start calling them and asking if it is complete? Will this just irritate them? lol. I have called them before when I was waiting to get a case number assigned, and most agents were so rude!!!! Was just wondering if anyone else was able to call to find out if case was complete, or did you just have to wait for the letter/email to come?

Wayyyyyy to early, give them 50 days at least, they will send you either a checklist or approve letter in between 50-60 days but ofcourse thats only if you already pay all your fees and complete all the necessary and just playing the waiting game like the rest of us.

April 27th they had receive my package and i got the same letter they had send you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You can call, but don't be surprised if they tell you it isn't complete yet and give you the standard answer to call back in 20 business days. Or, you could be pleasantly surprised. You won't irritate anyone. Good luck!

Timeline

Wayyyyyy to early, give them 50 days at least, they will send you either a checklist or approve letter in between 50-60 days but ofcourse thats only if you already pay all your fees and complete all the necessary and just playing the waiting game like the rest of us.

April 27th they had receive my package and i got the same letter they had send you.

I kind of figured. Thanks for the feedback!

You can call, but don't be surprised if they tell you it isn't complete yet and give you the standard answer to call back in 20 business days. Or, you could be pleasantly surprised. You won't irritate anyone. Good luck!

Thanks! I might give it a whirl...what's the worst that can happen? lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I definitely would. My case was completed in 27 days. Scan date April 17, cc May 14th. Go for it!

Have u paid the iv fee?

Timeline

They received my package on the 4th of may too but am yet to pay my iv fee cos of the problems with their site. Goodluck tho

thanks. I actually tried calling them, and it keeps giving me a recorded message saying that they are so busy with other callers that they cant take my call at this time and I should try back later. ugh. lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.