H & M

I-751 RFE help needed

7 posts in this topic

Is it normal to get an RFE (Request for evidence)? Or should we be worried?

We had originally submitted quite a lot of evidence already. (Financial, Bank, Credit Cards, IRS Tax Returns)

We have had problems with utilities companies refusing to add my wife's name. Saying that there is no need. When we insisted, they still would not do it. (Except for Cell phone account) Any idea how to handle that?

In addition to utilities now we got a long list of evidence requirements, most of which we don't have such as mortgage, rent, loans.

The last item: Any other documentation. Any idea of what else to send?

And how long will it take to get the GC after sending in the RFE?

Thanks for anyone who can shed a bit light on this.

What exactly did the RFE say?

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

It's a long letter with a list....it basically says that we have not established that the marriage was entered into in good faith. But then after that it says "you provided some evidence such as bank statements, tax returns, credit cards,etc. However the documentation is insufficient because it does not establish you have combined finances, assets or joint liabilities or proof of communal residence throughout the length of the conditional residency". And then it ask for more info with a long list as mentioned above.

It's a bit confusing. Bank accounts are not combined assets?

Proof of communal residence...? All the info we sent is on the same address...

So basically they are trying to say that they believe your marriage is a fraud.

You need to get really strong evidence.

Now that youve posted the reasons hopefully someone with experience can help you with what to show.

You adjusted from a K1?

What have you done together in the two years since issued a green card?

Lease agreement? unless you have a house?

credit cards?

Car Insurance?

Medical insurance?

Store cards?

Bank statements?

Utilities, you have to demand having both names.

No legal reason for them not to allow it.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to ROC Forum~

~inquiry about ROC RFE, past K1~

~duplicate thread removed~

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

401k, Life insurance, health insurance, car insurance, lease agreement. We couldn't add both our names so we split utilities. he has internet and water, I have gas and electricity, each showing the address we lived in for both the same place.

Hello!

RFEs during the ROC process is normal if they're not satisfied with the initial evidence submitted. So no need to panic. Just gather the additional evidence requested and send it in. If USCIS is satisfied with your RFE response, then your file will be adjudicated. If they're not, they'll set you up for an interview to further prove your case.

Are you filing jointly or is this a waiver?

Your post below doesn't specify exactly what was sent and how much of it was sent. USCIS needs to see evidence that spans your entire marriage (at least 2 years).

-Banks statements must be full statements showing transactions not just the 1st page and must be more than 1 month's worth.

-Same thing with the Credit card statements.

-Did you send IRS transcripts for 2012, 2013, 2014? Or did you just send them tax returns. There's a difference. you can print out tax transcripts for free on www.irs.gov

-Do you have a lease? Even if you live with parents/family, you need to state that and have the people you live with write a notarized affidavit to this effect.

-State IDs or Driver's license that show the same address

-Joint car insurance, auto loan.

-You need to send them your cellphone plan (if it's joint) as well. Not just 1 months statements. Go back to the beginning and send them all.

-Any mail or cards that you've received at your address addressed to both of you.

-Are you beneficiaries on anything?

- Trips you've taken together

- Get friends and family that know you to write affidavits (yeah people here say it's not solid evidence but when you get an RFE, you have to send them what you can)

-Photos?

Think about every and anything that comes to your address with both your names on it. They want to see that you're doing things together as a couple.

Good Luck!

Is it normal to get an RFE (Request for evidence)? Or should we be worried?

We had originally submitted quite a lot of evidence already. (Financial, Bank, Credit Cards, IRS Tax Returns)

We have had problems with utilities companies refusing to add my wife's name. Saying that there is no need. When we insisted, they still would not do it. (Except for Cell phone account) Any idea how to handle that?

In addition to utilities now we got a long list of evidence requirements, most of which we don't have such as mortgage, rent, loans.

The last item: Any other documentation. Any idea of what else to send?

And how long will it take to get the GC after sending in the RFE?

Thanks for anyone who can shed a bit light on this.

Edited by ala_tika

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.