tclaud21

LPR abroad Filing I-130 for wife

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all, I would like to request for advice on filing an I-130 for my wife who currently resides in the Philippines. I am currently in the Philippines as a student that's about to graduate. I've read the instructions on filing the I-130 and in my case I would have to file it with the Chicago lockbox if residing abroad instead of the Phoenix location which would handle my case if I was still back at home in Texas. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

I have inquired with the UCIS office here in Manila and have been informed that I must file with the Chicago lockbox as UCIS here does not process I-130s for LPR's as stated on the UCIS website. (I guess I may have missed that while researching on the UCIS website). anyways for question B2 of form I-30 "Petitioner's Address", I don't know whether to put my address in the Philippines where I currently stay, or my residence in Texas where I will return to. Please advise me especially those who are or have been in the same boat as I, being an LPR filing for I-130 abroad. Another question I'm having difficulty with is B 14 "Date and place of admission for or adjustment to lawful permanent residence". Is this the same as the point of entry of my first time being in the U.S? I have the resident since date as according to my green card as well as the category but I don't recall which service center processed it. According to a post online, I can either use the date and location of my 1st point of entry into the U.S or the date on my green card and category but I don't know where it was processed.

If there are any other LPRs who filed for I-130 abroad it would be greatly appreciated if you please share the process you've taken and shed some light to some of my questions.

Tom

Edited by tclaud21

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all, I would like to request for advice on filing an I-130 for my wife who currently resides in the Philippines. I am currently in the Philippines as a student that's about to graduate. I've read the instructions on filing the I-130 and in my case I would have to file it with the Chicago lockbox if residing abroad instead of the Phoenix location which would handle my case if I was still back at home in Texas. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

I have inquired with the UCIS office here in Manila and have been informed that I must file with the Chicago lockbox as UCIS here does not process I-130s for LPR's as stated on the UCIS website. (I guess I may have missed that while researching on the UCIS website). anyways for question B2 of form I-30 "Petitioner's Address", I don't know whether to put my address in the Philippines where I currently stay, or my residence in Texas where I will return to. Please advise me especially those who are or have been in the same boat as I, being an LPR filing for I-130 abroad. Another question I'm having difficulty with is B 14 "Date and place of admission for or adjustment to lawful permanent residence". Is this the same as the point of entry of my first time being in the U.S? I have the resident since date as according to my green card as well as the category but I don't recall which service center processed it. According to a post online, I can either use the date and location of my 1st point of entry into the U.S or the date on my green card and category but I don't know where it was processed.

If there are any other LPRs who filed for I-130 abroad it would be greatly appreciated if you please share the process you've taken and shed some light to some of my questions.

Tom

Hi Tom,

We're not on the same boat but as per all my past research, for your first question you need to put your US address on it since you will be returning to the US soon and all correspondence regarding your petition will be send to that address. As per your second question, you can put the date of your first entry to the US and your point of entry ( my husband did the same and got no problem about it).

Hope I was able to answer your questions..

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) F2A Filler (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

05/03/2014 - sent I-130 to lockbox
05/08/2014 - received NOA1 via email
08/27/2014 - received NOA2 via email

NVC STAGE:

09/28/2014 - received case number from NVC
06/24/2015 - received NVC Welcome Letter
06/24/2015 - done with ds261 over the phone
06/24/2015 - sent AOS Fee payment thru mail
06/29/2015 - Confirmed thru phone AOS payment posted
06/30/2015 - Sent IV Fee thru mail
07/07/2015 - IV Fee Payment already posted in CEAC
07/07/2015 - done with DS260
07/10/2015 - sent AOS and Civil docs
07/13/2015 - received in NVC NW
07/28/2015 - Verified Case Complete by phone
09/30/2015 - Interview Schedule verified over the phone

xxxxxxxxxx - Visa status " READY"
11/09/2015 - Interview at USEM

xxxxxxxxxx - received VISA

xxxxxxxxxx - POE

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Nicole for helping. As for the address of residency, if I give my address in the U.S I won't be able to receive the file if it's returned for errors as I'm in the Philippines. may I use my aunts address in the U.S and she can fedex it to me for corrections?

Edited by tclaud21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.