Andy&Vanda

HELP! Montreal is still waiting for docs sent May 8th!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We're starting to get worried. We had our K1 interview on May 6th and got denied due to proof of domicile in the US. I am in the process of getting transferred back but thought holding property and assets in the US would be sufficient. It isn't..

On May 8th we Loomis Couried the offer letter as well as other financial documents proving that I'm being transferred and also have more than enough assets to support my future wife and child.

This was their response today:

Good morning,

Thank you for your email!

Please note that you were asked to provide proof of domicile. In a previous email you advised the U.S Consulate General that these documents were sent to us on May 8, 2015. As of today, we have not received these documents. You must realize that any mail directed for the U.S Consulate General goes through an offsite facility before it gets here, thus you have to allow additional time. As soon as we receive those documents we will forward them to the consular officer for review.

Best regards,

OP11

Over two weeks and nothing??? You've got to be kidding!

Any advice??.. we're getting nervous as our July wedding plans are already in the works.

Have you tracked the package to make sure it was delivered to the off site facility. You may have to send it again. Check with the courier to make sure it was delivered.

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you track your package through Loomis to see if it has arrived at the offsite facility?

My interview was on May 20/15. Got a 221g letter for not having my spouse's divorce papers. I couriered them by Loomis on May 21/15 and it was delivered on May 22/15. I used the Loomis tracking number to confirm it was delivered to the offsite address.

My understanding is now that they have my package, cases are reviewed in the order they are received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Loomis was triple checked so 100% sure it arrived. Problem is it has not been received by the Consular Office. It's stuck at the offsite facility.

I guess, faxing and PDF is unavailable to them?? My offer letter has no seal. It was sent to me by PDF.

Stay tuned..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was just nosing around on the Montreal US Consulate site and found this info on AP

Important Notice: Before inquiring about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives must wait at least 60 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.

http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/visas/visas/immigrant-visas/visa-adjudication/if-a-visa-is-refused.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Canada Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are in a similar position different document required but same 221g . Ours was delivered by Loomis 5/19.. but SusieQTpi is correct per

the Consulate website inquire 60 days from interview or date document submitted whichever is later.Hopefully this is the worst case scena

rio.

Edited by CandAm

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well yes and no..Our file was updated to READY on 6/2.Updated again on 6/3,6/4 &6/8..but still READY.Finally sent online inquiry to Consulate on Thursday evening. Received response first thing Friday morning confirming that yes they have received the requested docs and that no further Interview is needed but file is being reviewed etc.etc.. Realllynot much can be done at this stage.Documents can take up to 60 to be updated in your file and their estimated timeline to complete the process is also 60 days..It's painful waiting in limbo but hang in there..Aria637.Fingers crossed for all of us that this coming week will bring us all STATUS... ISSUED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.