EP&PE

Anyone from Cameroon here?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Thk you very much

Please how can I do to print facebook conversation?thks

You can take screen shots of y'all conversations , and later transfer all the screen shots photos to a computer that have a printer . However due to the nature of things here in Cameroon, i think you should go to an outstanding cyber cafe or documentary offices, you will certainly print out your conversations there.

Hope you understand my advice.

Timeline

Dear all, thanks for the update. As for proof, its never enough, so bring as EP said. I planned on doing so. As for other embassies like Ghana and Nigeria; especially Ghana! Everything there looks scary but we should just put our hope in God as we confront those CO guys. If possible we should all add fasting to our prayers to overcome our fears. God gave US foreign spouse not because who chose it that way. God simply wants US all to be happy and leave peaceful life. He will see US through!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello, you're right, it's a hard journey but at the end , we'll certainly smile after receiving the visa. As for the DCF it is direct consular filling and that can be done at certain embassies around the world which have the USCIS office attached to it. It's processing time is shorter as compared using the USCIS offices in the US. However when we called the embassy, the lady kinda told my wife that , the spouse have to be there ,a month after we filled directly through the US , my wife went at the embassy in person so as to ask an immigration officer directly, but the immigration officer said ,we can still file through them and it will probably take 2 months maximum.

Notwithstanding since as your case is already completed ,i guess you're close to the end of journey keep the faith up and pray , I really wish to know if the US embassy in Yaounde isn't that complicated, because from what i know from VJ members from Ghana and Nigeria, they really say horrible stories about theirs.

Best of luck "God will make a way"

Hi- Yde embassy is not too bad. We had a good experience in getting a K1 fiance visa, very nice CO lady. Some bad ones with fake relationship or fake documents ruin it for others! Bring all the proof you can. The packet 3 came in email and the appointment we were able to schedule for 2 weeks after that. Medical appointment was easy. Good luck, pray and fast.

K-1

January 27, 2014 - Submitted I-129F

January 31, 2014 - NOA1

August 3, 2014- E service request submitted

August 15, 2014- E service request received back saying our case is in a processing hold due to "pending security checks"

September 3, 2014 - NOA2

September 5, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

September 8, 2014 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

September 17, 2014- Case # assigned by NVC

September 19, 2014- Case shipped to Consulate from NVC

October 1, 2014 - Case status "Ready"

October 3, 2014 - Packet 3 received- K1 Instructions

October 15, 2014 - Packet 4 received- Appointment letter

November 4, 2014 - Interview- APPROVED!!!

November 13, 2014 - Visa in hand

November 25, 2014- POE in Washington, DC

December 18, 2014- Marriage at Courthouse

AOS

January 8, 2015- AOS NOA1

January 28, 2015- Biometrics appointment

March 4, 2015- EAD card in production

March 16, 2015- EAD card in hand

May 2015- Notice of Interview Waiver and case processing delay

September 10, 2015- RFE- lost packet given at POE! Have to redo the medical :/

October 28, 2015- Approval of AOS and card in production- online case status updated

November 2, 2015- Green card in hand!!

Timeline

SEXYMACKERAL, thanks for sharing you experience. I m going in for CR1. I know proof of bonifide relationship is similar to FI so what specifically do u mean by "bring all the proofs you have". I think that's a major worry we have citing EP&PE's worry. For example, printing whole fb chsts can ve millions of pages, pictures can be well arranged in an album as it was earlier suggested, emails, money transfer receipts etc etc. Pleaded, what is your take on all these based on your practical experience. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

SEXYMACKERAL, thanks for sharing you experience. I m going in for CR1. I know proof of bonifide relationship is similar to FI so what specifically do u mean by "bring all the proofs you have". I think that's a major worry we have citing EP&PE's worry. For example, printing whole fb chsts can ve millions of pages, pictures can be well arranged in an album as it was earlier suggested, emails, money transfer receipts etc etc. Pleaded, what is your take on all these based on your practical experience. Thanks

All the aforementioned proofs of bona fide relationships are great. Normally when dealing with consular officers the more the better. I normally tell people to empty the kitchen sink because the burden of proof is on the intending immigrant and it's even greater when immigrating from 3rd world nations as they're considered high fraud countries. In a case involving chats like Facebook, it can be very cumbersome to have all entire chats in your lifespan with you. What you wanna show is progression in the relationship so you wanna print out periodic logs showing how relationship progressed from dating, trips abroad, important events you guys talked about or celebrated all the way leading to marriage.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Hello all.

I have a question about ds 160:in work/education/training rubrik they ask to enter any educational institutions that you did except elementary school.

It means that we must began by the class of 6eme ?I did francophone session,does I fill it in french like it is in.my diploma because in cameroon we have francophone and anglofone study.or I need to traduce(the name of the institution,the name of the diploma,the name of the course of study) in english?

Timeline

Hello all.

I have a question about ds 160:in work/education/training rubrik they ask to enter any educational institutions that you did except elementary school.

It means that we must began by the class of 6eme ?I did francophone session,does I fill it in french like it is in.my diploma because in cameroon we have francophone and anglofone study.or I need to traduce(the name of the institution,the name of the diploma,the name of the course of study) in english?

Let me try to answer as cameroonian. Elementary school is the same as "école premiare" which means you will not record it in ds160. Any diploma upwards...like BEPC, PROBATOIRE, BAC etc, is what you should consider.

Also, please, let me make this clear " Ne traduire rein, pas contre it faut contacter un/une traducteur reconnue ou légalisée qui devrait le faire".

Lastly, feel your ds160 forms with the exact meaning of your diplomas in French. Don't translate anything yet. Good luck

Edited by babyface.007

Timeline

Ok merci beaucoup baby face.

Donc meme si jai frekenté par exemple au lycee de yaounde je dois mettre lycee de yaounde ou bien je peux mettre lycee of yaounde?

Jpeux regroupé les annees par exple mettr de 199 .. -2000 jai school ds tel institution sanctioné par tel diplome

concernant the primary occupation,en septembre quand on commencait lappl jai mi k je ne faisais rien.mais now pendant k je cherche le boulo,je vend les produits de beaute.dois je mettre unemployed ou bien dois jeconsiderer c k.je fais comme un emploi et mettr other:beauty product seller? Merci

Timeline

Ok merci beaucoup baby face.

Donc meme si jai frekenté par exemple au lycee de yaounde je dois mettre lycee de yaounde ou bien je peux mettre lycee of yaounde?

Jpeux regroupé les annees par exple mettr de 199 .. -2000 jai school ds tel institution sanctioné par tel diplome

concernant the primary occupation,en septembre quand on commencait lappl jai mi k je ne faisais rien.mais now pendant k je cherche le boulo,je vend les produits de beaute.dois je mettre unemployed ou bien dois jeconsiderer c k.je fais comme un emploi et mettr other:beauty product seller? Merci

Si je comprend très bien ta préoccupation, tu voulais écrire le nom des institutions que t'as fréquente un Anglais. Par contre je te conseil de le faire un francais pour éviter des mauvaise traduction car il ya des personne compétent qui va le faire au moment aupotent.

Also, as your are working, it doesn't matter what you are doing, I will advice you to say the truth. Don't write unemployed while you have something doing. Working doesn't necessarily mean to work in an office. Please, always say your truth.

As for schools attended, write name of school, from 1900-2000, name of certificate obtained (write the name of your certificate in French if it is not written in English)

God is in control.

Edited by babyface.007

Timeline

Another question,can I put BEPC or DEUG or it is necessary to put the full meaning of BEPC or DEUG.thks

Start from BEPC upwards. I think that was your preoccupation with form ds160.

Timeline

All the aforementioned proofs of bona fide relationships are great. Normally when dealing with consular officers the more the better. I normally tell people to empty the kitchen sink because the burden of proof is on the intending immigrant and it's even greater when immigrating from 3rd world nations as they're considered high fraud countries. In a case involving chats like Facebook, it can be very cumbersome to have all entire chats in your lifespan with you. What you wanna show is progression in the relationship so you wanna print out periodic logs showing how relationship progressed from dating, trips abroad, important events you guys talked about or celebrated all the way leading to marriage.

Agree- don't print every single FB message, just print a range from the beginning to the most recent and try to show the progression of relationship. If you discuss important things via FB messages then include those (like talking about future plans together, dreams, fears etc). For example, we included a few messages where I was upset about something at work and my fiance was talking to me, giving advice and comforting me a lot; one where he got into an argument with his brother and we're talking about that etc. Messages of more substance and that really show you have a relationship are good to include...not just "hi, have a nice day" "love you."

We had about 30 pages of FB messages that spanned the length of our relationship, about 50 pictures, visa stamps from visits and skype call logs showing daily calls to each other.

What really helped to organize all of this material was a simple cover page that described the evolution of our relationship by date (month/year) and cited the evidence included (example- talked daily via skype May 2011-Present- see skype logs, I met his mother in December 2012- see pictures).

K-1

January 27, 2014 - Submitted I-129F

January 31, 2014 - NOA1

August 3, 2014- E service request submitted

August 15, 2014- E service request received back saying our case is in a processing hold due to "pending security checks"

September 3, 2014 - NOA2

September 5, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

September 8, 2014 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

September 17, 2014- Case # assigned by NVC

September 19, 2014- Case shipped to Consulate from NVC

October 1, 2014 - Case status "Ready"

October 3, 2014 - Packet 3 received- K1 Instructions

October 15, 2014 - Packet 4 received- Appointment letter

November 4, 2014 - Interview- APPROVED!!!

November 13, 2014 - Visa in hand

November 25, 2014- POE in Washington, DC

December 18, 2014- Marriage at Courthouse

AOS

January 8, 2015- AOS NOA1

January 28, 2015- Biometrics appointment

March 4, 2015- EAD card in production

March 16, 2015- EAD card in hand

May 2015- Notice of Interview Waiver and case processing delay

September 10, 2015- RFE- lost packet given at POE! Have to redo the medical :/

October 28, 2015- Approval of AOS and card in production- online case status updated

November 2, 2015- Green card in hand!!

Timeline

Agree- don't print every single FB message, just print a range from the beginning to the most recent and try to show the progression of relationship. If you discuss important things via FB messages then include those (like talking about future plans together, dreams, fears etc). For example, we included a few messages where I was upset about something at work and my fiance was talking to me, giving advice and comforting me a lot; one where he got into an argument with his brother and we're talking about that etc. Messages of more substance and that really show you have a relationship are good to include...not just "hi, have a nice day" "love you."

We had about 30 pages of FB messages that spanned the length of our relationship, about 50 pictures, visa stamps from visits and skype call logs showing daily calls to each other.

What really helped to organize all of this material was a simple cover page that described the evolution of our relationship by date (month/year) and cited the evidence included (example- talked daily via skype May 2011-Present- see skype logs, I met his mother in December 2012- see pictures).

Hey, this is awesome. I ve been thinking in this direction and that's exactly what I intend to when my interview is ready. "Conversations and progress in relationship" in all aspects, especially pictures.

Awesome contribution, thanks so much!

Timeline

please in the ds 160 there is a point where they ask the national identification number: in cameroon do we have it? Thks

when they said state/province can we just put the province or region of cameroon?like center,littoral ... Thks

Timeline

please in the ds 160 there is a point where they ask the national identification number: in cameroon do we have it? Thks

when they said state/province can we just put the province or region of cameroon?like center,littoral ... Thks

National identification number:= your id card number.

State = Region (Littoral, Center, South west etc....

Stay blessed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.