We Keep Receipts

Obama pays tribute to fallen service members at Arlington

63 posts in this topic

Frat boy chant:

There will never be a n SAE/There will never be a n SAE/You can hang em from a tree, but it will never start with me/There will never be a n SAE.

President Obama:

If I had a son, he might have looked like Obama. 35 years ago, it could have been me.

Sounds like the frat is denying black people to right to rush their fraternity. What is Obama denying anyone?

What you are missing is this. I think it is very racist I also think a private club has the right to admit whoever they choose. So tell me. How many white Q digs do you think there are in America.

What you are missing is this. I think it is very racist I also think a private club has the right to admit whoever they choose. So tell me. How many white Q digs do you think there are in America.

http://kollegekidd.com/news/white-omega-psi-phi-member-sets-it-owt-on-the-rickey-smiley-show/

http://itismymind.blogspot.com/2006/02/whites-joining-black-fraternities.html#.VWU5I1VViko

And you're right. A club can pick and choose, that's the perk of being private. But when it becomes public knowledge that you're openly discriminating against an entire group of people based on skin color alone, it's no longer exclusive, it's racist.

The other thing you miss out on is, you think we're keeping you out. Black frats and sorors don't keep white people out. A better question would be how many white people rush Q? If you can show me one link that says a large number of white people are trying out and are being kept out because they're white, then your point becomes valid.

Black people can't keep white people from anything, that's the point. There's nothing we own or possess that you want bad enough to take to the streets and complain about it. Even the CBC. Think about it. If white congressmen wanted in, how would they stop them? To date, ONE white man tried and was told no. What if every single one of them stepped up to the plate and demanded to be included so they could help with the black community? Do you think they could be kept out?

As Val said, we're used to being told we can't get in. The majority on the other hand can't stand the thought of it, even though no one's telling you can't come in. You choose not to...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ralph Nader incident[edit]
In 2004, independent presidential candidate and consumer activist Ralph Nader attended a meeting with the caucus which turned into a shouting exchange. The caucus urged Nader to give up his presidential run, fearing that it could hurt John Kerry, the Democratic Party's nominee. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Tex.) called the upcoming election "a life or death matter" for the caucus members' constituents. Nader accused Rep. Melvin Watt (D-N.C.) of twice uttering an "obscene racial epithet" towards Nader; he alleged that Watt said: "You're just another arrogant white man – telling us what we can do – it's all about your ego – another f—king arrogant white man."

Nader (who is of Lebanese descent) wrote to the caucus afterwards:

Instead, exclamations at the meeting... end[ed] with the obscene racist epithet repeated twice by Yale Law School alumnus Congressman Melvin Watt of North Carolina. One member of your caucus called to apologize for the crudity of some of the members. I had expected an expression of regret or apology from Congressman Watt in the subsequent days after he had cooled down. After all there was absolutely no vocal or verbal provocation from me or from my associates, including Peter Miguel Camejo, to warrant such an outburst. In all my years of struggling for justice, especially for the deprived and downtrodden, has any legislator—white or black—used such language?

I do not like double standards, especially since our premise for interactions must be equality of respect that has no room, as I responded to Mr. Watt, for playing the race card. Therefore, just as African-Americans demanded an apology from Agriculture Secretary Earl Butz and Senator Trent Lott—prior to their resignation and demotion respectively—for their racist remarks, I expect that you and others in the caucus will exert your moral persuasion and request an apology from Congressman Watt. Please consider this also my request for such an expression—a copy of which is being forwarded directly to Mr. Watt's office.[16]

Watt never offered an apology.[17]

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Ralph Nader incident[edit]

In 2004, independent presidential candidate and consumer activist Ralph Nader attended a meeting with the caucus which turned into a shouting exchange. The caucus urged Nader to give up his presidential run, fearing that it could hurt John Kerry, the Democratic Party's nominee. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Tex.) called the upcoming election "a life or death matter" for the caucus members' constituents. Nader accused Rep. Melvin Watt (D-N.C.) of twice uttering an "obscene racial epithet" towards Nader; he alleged that Watt said: "You're just another arrogant white man – telling us what we can do – it's all about your ego – another f—king arrogant white man."

Nader (who is of Lebanese descent) wrote to the caucus afterwards:

Instead, exclamations at the meeting... end[ed] with the obscene racist epithet repeated twice by Yale Law School alumnus Congressman Melvin Watt of North Carolina. One member of your caucus called to apologize for the crudity of some of the members. I had expected an expression of regret or apology from Congressman Watt in the subsequent days after he had cooled down. After all there was absolutely no vocal or verbal provocation from me or from my associates, including Peter Miguel Camejo, to warrant such an outburst. In all my years of struggling for justice, especially for the deprived and downtrodden, has any legislator—white or black—used such language?

I do not like double standards, especially since our premise for interactions must be equality of respect that has no room, as I responded to Mr. Watt, for playing the race card. Therefore, just as African-Americans demanded an apology from Agriculture Secretary Earl Butz and Senator Trent Lott—prior to their resignation and demotion respectively—for their racist remarks, I expect that you and others in the caucus will exert your moral persuasion and request an apology from Congressman Watt. Please consider this also my request for such an expression—a copy of which is being forwarded directly to Mr. Watt's office.[16]

Watt never offered an apology.[17]

I'm still trying to figure out how to play the race card.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/07/most-racist-things-tea-party-politicians-have-said/rep-kenny-marchent

If you want to go ####### for tat, I'm here all week.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/07/most-racist-things-tea-party-politicians-have-said/rep-kenny-marchent

Shouldn't you be enjoying the beautiful beach in Hawaii? :P

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Shouldn't you be enjoying the beautiful beach in Hawaii? :P

The sun's not out today. I do that on the weekend. :goofy:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Not sure if you read the link, no exactly impressive.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Not sure if you read the link, no exactly impressive.

http://www.alternet.org/story/147702/top_12_racist_politicians_of_modern_history

I'm sorry, is that better?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

http://kollegekidd.com/news/white-omega-psi-phi-member-sets-it-owt-on-the-rickey-smiley-show/

http://itismymind.blogspot.com/2006/02/whites-joining-black-fraternities.html#.VWU5I1VViko

And you're right. A club can pick and choose, that's the perk of being private. But when it becomes public knowledge that you're openly discriminating against an entire group of people based on skin color alone, it's no longer exclusive, it's racist.

The other thing you miss out on is, you think we're keeping you out. Black frats and sorors don't keep white people out. A better question would be how many white people rush Q? If you can show me one link that says a large number of white people are trying out and are being kept out because they're white, then your point becomes valid.

Black people can't keep white people from anything, that's the point. There's nothing we own or possess that you want bad enough to take to the streets and complain about it. Even the CBC. Think about it. If white congressmen wanted in, how would they stop them? To date, ONE white man tried and was told no. What if every single one of them stepped up to the plate and demanded to be included so they could help with the black community? Do you think they could be kept out?

As Val said, we're used to being told we can't get in. The majority on the other hand can't stand the thought of it, even though no one's telling you can't come in. You choose not to...

Unless you are a bunch of white girls who win a stepping contest Then its bad because that is a black tradition and we must retroactively exclude their win. But I forgot. Blacks can't be racist

Unless you are a bunch of white girls who win a stepping contest Then its bad because that is a black tradition and we must retroactively exclude their win. But I forgot. Blacks can't be racist

You do realize they won right?

Coca-Cola said Thursday the Alpha Kappa Alpha team from Indiana University, whose members are black, would share first place and would also receive the same $100,000 in scholarships that the Zeta Tau Alphas won.

http://thegrio.com/2010/02/26/step-show-prize-to-be-shared-after-controversy-over-white-sororitys-win/

Personally, I think it's BS that they have to share the first place, they won fair and square.

You still haven't answered my question. What do black people own that white people want to be a part of but can't? Because if this was an example, the white sorority still won. Keep looking...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why do some white americans have such a chip on their shoulder about race? Anyone would think that they had been subjected to decades of institutional prejudice.

My view: they just don't want to take even the slightest responsibility for it.

You do realize they won right?

Coca-Cola said Thursday the Alpha Kappa Alpha team from Indiana University, whose members are black, would share first place and would also receive the same $100,000 in scholarships that the Zeta Tau Alphas won.

http://thegrio.com/2010/02/26/step-show-prize-to-be-shared-after-controversy-over-white-sororitys-win/

Personally, I think it's BS that they have to share the first place, they won fair and square.

You still haven't answered my question. What do black people own that white people want to be a part of but can't? Because if this was an example, the white sorority still won. Keep looking...

Soul train

Timeline

Space to riot.

Soul train

BZZZZ!!! Try again.

http://newsone.com/1843715/don-cornelius-soul-train-legacy/

But what is uniquely special about “Soul Train” is that while Cornelius catered to Black audiences, White dancers regularly appeared on his show. Even Elton John and David Bowie (you can’t get any whiter than these two) performed on his shows to expand their reach to Black audiences. If there ever was a musical integrationist, Cornelius was it. Not only did he make Black hip to mainstream White America, he convinced the business world that it was profitable to invest in it.

Too bad the same thing can't be said about American Bandstand..

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2012/03/01/american-bandstand-didnt-allow-blacks/

For years, black teens had been reporting to the Philadelphia Tribune that Bandstand staffers were turning them away from the studio. “The show’s producers denied that they had a white-only policy, but the black teenagers who tried to get into the studio were always excluded for some reason,” Delmont writes. “Some were told that they lacked a membership card, others that they did not meet the dress code, and others that the studio was full.”

The evidence piles up. Thousands of pictures turned up only two photos of black kids. Delmont reports that between 1958 and 1963, the Philadelphia Tribune had published seven editorials or letters to the editor regarding Bandstand’s exclusion of black teens—including a December 1958 column that sent Christmas greetings to ####### Clark, wishing him a “new attitude toward Negro children which will permit them to be welcomed to his show.”

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2012/03/01/american-bandstand-didnt-allow-blacks/#yGhETdcVbqIB1xtF.99

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg