We Keep Receipts

Obama pays tribute to fallen service members at Arlington

63 posts in this topic

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/07/19/remarks-president-trayvon-martin

You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African American community at least, theres a lot of pain around what happened here, I think its important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesnt go away.

But it was racist. And you're calling me racist? You can't even comment on something without bringing race into it.

He did not say it could have been him he said he was getting into because if he had a soon he may look TM no matter how much you struggle to deny what he meant. It is clear

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am fascinated at how much time the motley crew spends trying to find reasons to support their hatred towards the POTUS. If I felt that way I'd buy a ticket and go back to wherever it is I came from. Problem solved. It's really not that complicated.

There's still a few birthers here I'm sure.

He did not say it could have been him he said he was getting into because if he had a soon he may look TM no matter how much you struggle to deny what he meant. It is clear

NB, did you read the link? How can you tell me what this man said?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/politics/obama-zimmerman/

"Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago," Obama told White House reporters in a surprise appearance at the daily briefing.

He also said if he had a son, he might look like TM? Why is this such a sore spot? He's a black teenager, Obama is half white and half black, so it's not a stretch.

To steal a phrase from Venkman, why do you think the song is about you?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It was funny watching some of that back in 2008. People seemed to genuinely believe that this birth certificate stuff and the accusations of Obama being a Muslim was to do with the constitution and preserving the founding values of the country. It so blatantly wasn't.

What it was about was making the president, a man who whatever anyone felt about him had won the election pretty conclusively, appear to be a false American. Other presidents weren't viewed that way. Clinton might have been an alcoholic womaniser but noone questioned his citizenship. It's hard to see why someone would do that without racism being a factor.

Edited by Venkman

Well I can't imagine that a black president could ignore race politics in the USA. At least, not in the way that past presidents have.

Of course. Bush Sr. was silent when the riots broke out over Rodney King. That's the conundrum of being a black president. Folks say he isn't doing enough for the black community, but if he speaks out about it or does something about it, he's being a racist POS as per NB.

It was funny watching some of that back in 2008. People seemed to genuinely believe that this birth certificate stuff and the accusations of Obama being a Muslim was to do with the constitution. It so blatantly wasn't.

What it was about was making the president, a man who whatever anyone felt about him had won the election pretty conclusively, appear to be a false American. It's hard to see why someone would do that without racism being a factor.

It's like something from Doctor Who. A perception filter. You can clearly see it, but folks really don't want to know.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Got to love the way real 'Merkins can turn a thread about the President giving a Memorial Day speech into a Treyvon Martin debate. If it was not so sad it might be hilarious.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

They haven't anything better so they just rehash the same stuff year after year...

Got to love the way real 'Merkins can turn a thread about the President giving a Memorial Day speech into a Treyvon Martin debate. If it was not so sad it might be hilarious.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Because saying if you had a son, it might look like him, is more horrendous than hanging black people from a tree.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Because saying if you had a son, it might look like him, is more horrendous than hanging black people from a tree.

Somebody hung obumer? Man you just jumped the shark

Somebody hung obumer? Man you just jumped the shark

Just pointing out how saying if you had a son, he'd look like you qualifies Obama as a Racist POS.

But the frat boys singing hanging black people by trees was, how did you say it? Political Correctness gone wrong? Just some idiots singing right?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Just pointing out how saying if you had a son, he'd look like you qualifies Obama as a Racist POS.

But the frat boys singing hanging black people by trees was, how did you say it? Political Correctness gone wrong? Just some idiots singing right?

Never said they were not racist. However your definition of racism is the ablity to deny something. The president can. A frat boy can't

Never said they were not racist. However your definition of racism is the ablity to deny something. The president can. A frat boy can't

Frat boy chant:

There will never be a n—– SAE/There will never be a n—– SAE/You can hang ’em from a tree, but it will never start with me/There will never be a n—– SAE.”

President Obama:

If I had a son, he might have looked like Obama. 35 years ago, it could have been me.

Sounds like the frat is denying black people to right to rush their fraternity. What is Obama denying anyone?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Frat boy chant:

There will never be a n—– SAE/There will never be a n—– SAE/You can hang ’em from a tree, but it will never start with me/There will never be a n—– SAE.”

President Obama:

If I had a son, he might have looked like Obama. 35 years ago, it could have been me.

Sounds like the frat is denying black people to right to rush their fraternity. What is Obama denying anyone?

Obama is denying white boys that he could have been them 35 years ago or that if he had a son, that that son might look like a white boy. That's an outrage.

Obama simply needs to try a bit harder.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog