dsalyers43

fiance visa or marriage visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I need some advice I am In morocco now visiting the man I will marry and he lives in morocco and I live in usa. which is the easiest to get accepted with a fiancé visa or marriage visa. I expedited too because of my health and need him with me in usa because my health is fine when I am with him. Please help I don't want to lose him but he wants to marry in morocco and I want to marry in usa and when I arrived too I forgot the papers I need.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to What Visa Do I Need Forum~

~Inquiry about family visas~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Depends on the totality of your case, quickest route would be to move to him.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I need some advice I am In morocco now visiting the man I will marry and he lives in morocco and I live in usa. which is the easiest to get accepted with a fiancé visa or marriage visa. I expedited too because of my health and need him with me in usa because my health is fine when I am with him. Please help I don't want to lose him but he wants to marry in morocco and I want to marry in usa and when I arrived too I forgot the papers I need.

K1 (fiance) visa vs. IR-1/CR-1 (spousal) visa: http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The quickest way to get him to the USA would be the K1 fiance visa.

You could have a wedding in the USA, and then a blessing/ celebration of marriage in Morocco later.

The quickest way to be together, as mentioned above, would be for you to move to him in Morocco, get married, and then file the CR-1 spousal visa while you are together over there.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The easiest way is K1 but i will say for Other countries but Morocco i dont think so coz surely they will put under AP then you will wait if you are lucky they will issue you The Visa if not they will send it to uscis for further review then you will wait again in the End it will expire ,which is wasting time and money . plus for another reason try read The Experience of Mrs Cat & Youness at The Interview ://

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=Morocco&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

Much better for you is the Marriage it does not expire but The Last word will be yours ,Good Luck :)

Edited by BraveAmnay
event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Is this your first visit to Morocco to see him?

What is this medical condition that you plan to expedite with? Expedites are not easy to obtain and you must provide medical records to prove that you qualify for one.

Neither visa is easy if this is your first visit. Your consulate likes to see many visits and a lot of time together in person. It sounds to me like you two are rushing things a bit and that he may leave if this relationship/marriage doesn't progress quickly enough. I would be very, very cautious.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

not the quickest in Morocco and please, do not take this wrong if you have visa from another country, as you really don't know what we go thru in morocco embassy. but marry him now and do the spouse visa. No one gets approved for fiancée visa in Morocco. they even turn down a woman for spouse when she had a child saying the child can go but not her. Write to me. I know the process for marriage

Timeline

Is this your first visit to Morocco to see him?

What is this medical condition that you plan to expedite with? Expedites are not easy to obtain and you must provide medical records to prove that you qualify for one.

Neither visa is easy if this is your first visit. Your consulate likes to see many visits and a lot of time together in person. It sounds to me like you two are rushing things a bit and that he may leave if this relationship/marriage doesn't progress quickly enough. I would be very, very cautious.

It is my third time to see him. and my diabeties is bad but when I am with him he makes things ok. and I have a lot of papers on my medical condition. when am with him I don't need shots but when I am without him I take a lot of shots.

With this being your third trip, I think applying for either visa would be fine. The fiance visa is generally faster. I would strongly suggest sending a lot of relationship proof with your initial package. This is called front loading. It has been the impression of many people that interview in Casablanca that the decision about the visa is made before the interview. Therefore, the more evidence you can put in front of the consulate the better.

I don't know what the one poster was saying about no one ever gets the fiance visa from Casablanca, as we and many others were approved without any problems. The key is to be prepared.

Since you didn't bring your papers to marry in Morocco this time, it seems like the fiance visa would be much faster anyway. I wouldn't hold out hope on the expedite though. Try, but don't be disappointed if it is denied.

Edit to add: While in Morocco, get your fiance to fill out the G325A, the letter of intent to marry, and get 2 passport photos. This will save him the cost and time of mailing these to you before you apply.

Edited by 2far

Timeline

With this being your third trip, I think applying for either visa would be fine. The fiance visa is generally faster. I would strongly suggest sending a lot of relationship proof with your initial package. This is called front loading. It has been the impression of many people that interview in Casablanca that the decision about the visa is made before the interview. Therefore, the more evidence you can put in front of the consulate the better.

I don't know what the one poster was saying about no one ever gets the fiance visa from Casablanca, as we and many others were approved without any problems. The key is to be prepared.

Since you didn't bring your papers to marry in Morocco this time, it seems like the fiance visa would be much faster anyway. I wouldn't hold out hope on the expedite though. Try, but don't be disappointed if it is denied.

Edit to add: While in Morocco, get your fiance to fill out the G325A, the letter of intent to marry, and get 2 passport photos. This will save him the cost and time of mailing these to you before you apply.

thank u so much. I am very hopeful. can I get the applications on line. we did the photos. and after he fills that G325A he is to give to me to send?

Yes you need the G325A and the letter of intent to marry with original signatures. Take them back to the US with you and included them in the package.

Everything you need, you can find online. Have you read the Guides at the top of the page?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

This is where you can get step by step instructions of how to apply. If you read it very carefully, you can follow all of the steps yourself without an attorney. Just remember to include a lot of relationship evidence with your package because it is one of the tougher consulates. Include proof of meeting all three times (passport stamps and boarding passes) and photos with his friends and family. Keep it organized and label everything so the person receiving it can easily follow the progression of your relationship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.