bhindzioncurtain

Following guide but still confused

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So I spent most of today filling in forms and have a simple question.

I am going to file both I-130 packet and I-485 packet but noticed they ask for a few of the same things ;

certified copy of your marriage certificate

copy of the petitioner's and/or intending immigrant's divorce documents

G-325A filled out by the foreign spouse

I guess I just duplicate some things since it is a bureaucracy.

And I have a question about the I-693, does everyone have to do that?

John

If just one set why does the guide mention including them twice?

Also do I need to get the I-693 done before sending in the I-130 & !-485 packets?

Yes, I-693 is mandatory for AOS and so is I-864. So you'd have to do the medical before sending the package in.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I think the guide might say make 2 copies, so you send one and keep one for your records and to bring to your interview. So basically, you send one packet and have a duplicate packet that you keep.

Also, I think you will have to send SOME things twice, one for I-130 and 1 for I-485.

Edited by GurkenSalat

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So I spent most of today filling in forms and have a simple question.

I am going to file both I-130 packet and I-485 packet but noticed they ask for a few of the same things ;

certified copy of your marriage certificate

copy of the petitioner's and/or intending immigrant's divorce documents

G-325A filled out by the foreign spouse

I guess I just duplicate some things since it is a bureaucracy.

And I have a question about the I-693, does everyone have to do that?

John

You only need to include 1 marriage certificate with the I-130. Also yes it's 2 X G-325A - One for you and the other for your spouse. Both with passport photos included with them. These are not duplicate items, they will have different information on them

Also yes you have to do the I-693 and get a medical examination.

Good luck with everything!

Head on over to Love Marry Stay to read my ebook

The definitive guide to falling in love, marrying and staying in the U.S.A

img-resize.png

This ebook details every stage of the visa journey, every form that needs to be filled out, signed and filed. I tried to answer every question I may have asked on this journey no matter how glaringly obvious it may be. I wanted to gather all the good information dispersed among the misinformation into one simple guide.

Timeline

img-resize.png

This ebook details every stage of the visa journey, every form that needs to be filled out, signed and filed. I tried to answer every question I may have asked on this journey no matter how glaringly obvious it may be. I wanted to gather all the good information dispersed among the misinformation into one simple guide.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am probably being too cautious but who signs the cover letter for the I-130 and the I-485?

Also I make enough that she does not have to work but wonder if we should do the I-765 anyway?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You need to provide what each form asks for, even if you are already providing it for another form. For example, the I-130 asks for a G-325A from each of you, and the I-485 also requires a G325A from the foreign spouse that is applying for AOS. So, you need 3 total, one for the USC petitioner/sponsor and two for the foreign spouse/intending immigrant.

The fees for the I-765 and I-131 are waived when sent with a pending I-485, so why skip them? The EAD will be a US government ID in your spouse's married name. It can be used to obtain an SSN, drivers license/state ID, etc.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I am probably being too cautious but who signs the cover letter for the I-130 and the I-485?

Also I make enough that she does not have to work but wonder if we should do the I-765 anyway?

If your doing them both you only need 1 cover letter, which the US citizen signs.

Yes I would just apply for the I-765 anyway it's a good thing to have.

Good Luck with everything!

img-resize.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

You should do the I-765 if she WANTS to work.

Cover letters - I believe ours weren't signed, they were just lists of all the documents we sent in. Either that OR we both signed them. I really don't think USCIS cares either way, since they are simply a way of organizing your file.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.