MouadsWife

Bringing Brother of a Citizen to US

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

How can we find out the approx time it would take to bring a brother of a US Citizen to United States? His brother is from Morocco. Thanks.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Might be longer in the future.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Family-Sponsored All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA-mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES F1 15AUG07 15AUG07 15AUG07 08NOV94 01FEB05 F2A 01SEP13 01SEP13 01SEP13 08AUG13 01SEP13 F2B 15SEP08 15SEP08 15SEP08 01APR95 22APR04 F3 22FEB04 22FEB04 22FEB04 15APR94 15AUG93 F4 01AUG02 01AUG02 01AUG02 15JUL97 22OCT91

Thanks aleful for the link. Can someone explain this to me? I don't understand these dates. If I'm an F4, then my date is 01AUG02. August 2, whats 01? I had k1's down pat but this is a whole new field to me. lol

well..... it looked like a chart when I copied and pasted it.... now it looks like a mess. :oops:

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

1st August 2002

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Family-Sponsored All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA-mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES F1 15AUG07 15AUG07 15AUG07 08NOV94 01FEB05 F2A 01SEP13 01SEP13 01SEP13 08AUG13 01SEP13 F2B 15SEP08 15SEP08 15SEP08 01APR95 22APR04 F3 22FEB04 22FEB04 22FEB04 15APR94 15AUG93 F4 01AUG02 01AUG02 01AUG02 15JUL97 22OCT91

Thanks aleful for the link. Can someone explain this to me? I don't understand these dates. If I'm an F4, then my date is 01AUG02. August 2, whats 01? I had k1's down pat but this is a whole new field to me. lol

well..... it looked like a chart when I copied and pasted it.... now it looks like a mess. :oops:

hi

August 1st, 2002

01 is 1st, numbers under 10 have a 0 in front

what is your priority date and what country are you from?

Timeline

His brother is from Morocco. We have not filed yet, we just found out that this process is available to us. His brother is 22. I thought is was only available to minors under 18. Now that we found out the process is available we will begin asap. Although the process is lengthy it is better than never. And maybe I'll get lucky, lol, maybe it won't be that long. Never know what will happen within that time. I found this website that shows the steps: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/checkdate.html And of course there's visa journey. I had k1 down pat, now I'm having to learn a whole new process.

Edited by MouadsWife

Timeline

Can you also have a sponsor for a family member? And can you sponsor more than one family member at the same time? i.e. two brothers?

Timeline

Yes and Yes

Timeline

Thanks and thanks Boiler! Lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.