Not a Tailor

Josh Duggar Accused of Molesting Several Sisters as a Teen: Reports

97 posts in this topic

Read about this in the morning time. 5 minors? His butt should be in jail...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, his parents worked THEIR butts off to make sure he wouldn't go, by doing things like delaying anyone finding out about it for a year when the statute of limitations was only three years.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

if experience is any indicator, this sort of thing goes down quite regularly in churches though we rarely hear about it (it took harpo productions to reopen the file). this is what happens when sexual nature is treated as a sin. i'm not at all surprised that his family was able to keep things under their control as it was happening.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have never watched the show. However, this article seems to be more of a hit piece. I just read what was in the article and all I saw was that Josh was 14 or 15 years old at the time this happened. The girls are referred to as minors. Josh is never referred to as a minor.

No words from the girls and how they were affected.

Now if there are allegations that he assaulted girls as an adult…..I can understand people wanting him locked up.

Besides what should the parent have done differently. Go to the media that their 14 year old son was molesting girls?

I have never watched the show. However, this article seems to be more of a hit piece. I just read what was in the article and all I saw was that Josh was 14 or 15 years old at the time this happened. The girls are referred to as minors. Josh is never referred to as a minor.

No words from the girls and how they were affected.

Now if there are allegations that he assaulted girls as an adult…..I can understand people wanting him locked up.

Besides what should the parent have done differently. Go to the media that their 14 year old son was molesting girls?

i agree that referring to josh as a child molestor doesn't sit right with me, for the exact reason you gave, he was a minor as well. i don't think it's necessarily fair to worry over his 'access' to his daughters. i do not think that he should be locked up or in jail.

i did read that josh had apologized to the girls and they have forgiven him. considering the environment that all of these children have been raised in, i don't doubt that the girls have sincerely forgiven him.

i'm biased, my childhood church had issues with a deacon who just 'really loved' children. it was all handled in the same manner, hush it up - shame on everyone and let's move on.

i wouldn't expect parents with values like the duggars to do anything differently at all, after all this is exactly what church elders are for..damage control. sex is ultimately a shameful thing for people like the duggars and this is how they raise their children. i honestly feel really bad for kids like josh, that have to grow up alone with their sexuality - wanting to explore natural desires but getting completely backwards and stifling guidance from all of their mentors.

i see that josh has resigned from the family research council, which is sad. would have been a much better outcome if the entire frc resigned and disappeared.

Edited by val erie

The whole family looks like a bunch of backwoods hillbilly incest loving morons.

They are all creepy looking...

Arkansas isn't too far from Tennessee nor Mississippi

Source

Michelle Duggar worked hard to make sure transgender people couldn't use the bathrooms in Arkansas because they might be child molestors.

Josh Duggar has been working for the Family Research Council, focussing especially hard on all the reasons gay and lesbian families shouldn't be allowed to adopt children--because they might be child molestors.

And the whole time, Josh Duggar was a child molestor.

I always find myself torn between laughing sickly at the irony or crying for the victims when things like this come out. All the work these people have done to impede people's lives to 'save the children' while they're hiding a snake in the grass. And the poor victims, his poor sisters. I can't imagine how hard this is on them. And when I say laughing sickly, I mean that sick kind of laughter where you feel just sick and awful but you're vaguely hysterical, not humorous laughter. This isn't funny. It's sick and horrifying and awful.

Saw this yesterday. He should still go to jail. There should be no statute of limitation for child molestation.

Saw this yesterday. He should still go to jail. There should be no statute of limitation for child molestation.

do you believe that kids who play 'doctor' should be imprisoned?

do you believe that kids who play 'doctor' should be imprisoned?

Not sure I follow you here.

The dude was 14 at the time. I think we are well beyond "playing" doctor at the age and understand what it is we are doing.

Not sure I follow you here.

The dude was 14 at the time. I think we are well beyond "playing" doctor at the age and understand what it is we are doing.

well, primarily i do not agree with charging children as adults - ever. i certainly do not believe in charging adults retroactively for acts they commited as minors. i guess, like i said, i'm biased..i grew up in a sort of similar environment and i know that josh and even the girls he molested weren't and probably still aren't working with a full deck. all of the disciplinary action that was taken by josh's parents essentially says "don't get caught", and this 'don't get caught' was echoed by his church and also by the officer who took the initial report and did nothing with it. there is a difference, in my opinion, between a child molestor and a misguided 14 year old who has never (and will never) receive proper instruction or communication from their parents/mentors surrounding their sexuality. probably the biggest issue in my mind surrounding all of this is how women are viewed the duggars' world. women are nothing but vessels for children, they are objects to be claimed and owned.

well, primarily i do not agree with charging children as adults - ever. i certainly do not believe in charging adults retroactively for acts they commited as minors. i guess, like i said, i'm biased..i grew up in a sort of similar environment and i know that josh and even the girls he molested weren't and probably still aren't working with a full deck. all of the disciplinary action that was taken by josh's parents essentially says "don't get caught", and this 'don't get caught' was echoed by his church and also by the officer who took the initial report and did nothing with it. there is a difference, in my opinion, between a child molestor and a misguided 14 year old who has never (and will never) receive proper instruction or communication from their parents/mentors surrounding their sexuality. probably the biggest issue in my mind surrounding all of this is how women are viewed the duggars' world. women are nothing but vessels for children, they are objects to be claimed and owned.

I didn't say charge him as an adult. I do not believe there should be a statute of limitation for child molestation.

He should still get his day and court and prove to the judge he was a misguided 14 year old, if this was the case. I have some sympathy for him but even more for the sisters that had to endure this atrocious act. I understand he had a sheltered life, but at the age of 14 he had to have known that experimenting with his sisters sexually is wrong. But again, we are speaking of Arkansas.

I didn't say charge him as an adult. I do not believe there should be a statute of limitation for child molestation.

He should still get his day and court and prove to the judge he was a misguided 14 year old, if this was the case. I have some sympathy for him but even more for the sisters that had to endure this atrocious act. I understand he had a sheltered life, but at the age of 14 he had to have known that experimenting with his sisters sexually is wrong. But again, we are speaking of Arkansas.

i'm not so sure, but like i said, i'm biased. i guess i just empathize with him and the girls. i believe that the parents, church elders, and cops involved should have a few days in court to hash out their wrong doing. the kids, now adults, themselves i don't hold out much hope for one way or the other, their sort brainwashing is hard to reverse.

i'm not so sure, but like i said, i'm biased. i guess i just empathize with him and the girls. i believe that the parents, church elders, and cops involved should have a few days in court to hash out their wrong doing. the kids, now adults, themselves i don't hold out much hope for one way or the other, their sort brainwashing is hard to reverse.

The grown ups who knew about it should go to jail.