23 posts in this topic

Ok, thank you.

They make enough together to meet the 125% minimum.

No assets necessary so they don't have to put them down, right? They own a house, a second and third car, etc. but they don't have to put them down if they meet the 125% from what I understand.

It is a husband, wife, and for children. So, on the 125% minimum, that shows as $45,912. They definitely make that per year.

Husband would be the main joint sponsor and the wife would fill out the I- 864A.

I know you said before that they don't need to show three years back in taxes, but when I went to the form shows three years back. Are you absolutely sure only one year back in taxes needs to be shown?

Also, do they have to show $45,912 for 2014 taxes? Or is that only current? What if their taxes show that they only made $30,000 last year? Is the government just looking to see that they actually worked last year or for the 45,912 last year also?

It would be preferable if they did show the full amount on their 2014 taxes as well as making enough currently. I am absolutely sure that all they need is 1 year of taxes with the other two years is option. It's in the I-864 instructions. Each consulate is a little different however.

just wondering, does this works for the k1 visa as well? example, can i ask a random couple (mom,dad mostly) that married and file taxes jointly, does that means they can also combine their income for the i-134?, iam new at this and still learning.

Not sure about the I-134. This is question best asked in the K1 forum. For the eventual I-864 that must accompany the adjustment of status, yes.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

You have been extremely helpful! A few more questions? Thank you

Okay, I have been married not just wants before. I know I have to show my previous divorce decree from my most recent marriage. That's a given. But do I also have to show from the marriages prior to that? They divorced me and I do not live in the state they live in anymore. One divorced me in Ohio and married his "sweetheart" from high school. I'm sure I have those papers somewhere, but where? I don't know. Do I need to have every divorce paper from previous marriages or just the most recent divorce?

Because my main joint sponsor, the husband, is going to get a raise soon and quite substantially, how does he put down how much he makes currently? For instance, right now he is making $15 per hour. In another couple months, he's going to be making $18 to $20 per hour. We won't file until October and his raise will start before then. I think. But, since he is not salaried Sometimes he works 50 hours in four days Sometimes he works 40 to 60 hours in one week. How does he put down exactly how much he is currently making because it fluctuates?

Some of my favorite quotes:

"There are not enough words in the English language to describe how much I love you. I want to serve you for the good of us. Your smile. I never tire of seeing your smile. I'm patient; you're worth waiting for. I want to marry you." - My sweetheart, 4/8/15

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face." Ronald Reagan.

"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." G.K. Chesterton

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." Oscar Wilde

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." Steve Martin

event.png

It's just me that fills out the I130 right? Not my joint sponsor, right?

"There are not enough words in the English language to describe how much I love you. I want to serve you for the good of us. Your smile. I never tire of seeing your smile. I'm patient; you're worth waiting for. I want to marry you." - My sweetheart, 4/8/15

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face." Ronald Reagan.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." Oscar Wilde

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." Ralph Waldo Emerson

event.png

Does my joint sponsor fill in his current income as net or gross?

And since he makes $15 per hour at his hours are always fluctuating, like one week he will work 40 hours per week in the next week might be 55 hour and sometimes it's like 12 hour days! Well, I'm not sure what he is supposed to put since it's not consistent.

And when he fills out the paperwork, he gives it to me to put in the packet altogether, right?

Does his tax return need to show the 125% over poverty line or does that matter since it was last year? His wife will fill out the I864a form and they filed taxes together, so it should be at the 125% over, but I'm not sure.

event.png

You don't need to be worried about the sponsor until the NVC stage which happens in about 6 months after filing the initial I-130.

Wait until you need it (get NOA2) before bothering to do the I-864 as circumstances change.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Two similar-themed threads merged~

~Please do not post multiple similar topics~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Divorce decrees required for ALL prior marriages - you don't get to show only the most recent one.

Also, for I-864, you're a long way from that - most likely 2015 taxes will be required by the time your husband interviews next year. I'd focus on a job(s) that give you more than minimum wage so you can sponsor on your own.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

NLR and milimelo... Okay, I thought the I864 was to be given with the initial paperwork. I didn't realize that it was after the I130 was approved that that's when we turn in the eye864 forms.

I am disabled, so I cannot work, so this is not about minimum wage. My disability does not bring in enough.

Pitaya, thank you. :)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.