moamzia

Registration will expire after 30th Sept

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone

I just received my second letter stating my interview time and location. I read the content carefully and came across the following statement that is making me a bit nervous:

"If you fail to obtain a DV­2015 visa by September 30, 2015, your registration will expire."

I was wondering how can this happen to anyone? And for what reasons it could happen? And have you heard (or seen) any case with successful interview that has passed the deadline (30th of September) and expired?

Yes the DV visa must be issued by the end of the fiscal year, 30 sept. If you have your interview before and are issued a visa, you're fine. The warning is for various reasons including but not limited to: people who want to postpone their interviews, people who need additional background checks ("administrative processing") before their visas can be issued - and yes sometimes this has not been completed by 30 Sept; people who have derivatives that they want to "follow to join" rather than get issued visas at the same time, etc.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Timeline

Yes the DV visa must be issued by the end of the fiscal year, 30 sept. If you have your interview before and are issued a visa, you're fine. The warning is for various reasons including but not limited to: people who want to postpone their interviews, people who need additional background checks ("administrative processing") before their visas can be issued - and yes sometimes this has not been completed by 30 Sept; people who have derivatives that they want to "follow to join" rather than get issued visas at the same time, etc.

Hi Susie!

thanks for your fast reply as always :)

I know it sounds silly to ask this, but my interview would be July. Do you think I might have a chance to pass that date? And also, I'm from Iran, so my background check should be longer than usual. :(

Hi Susie!

thanks for your fast reply as always :)

I know it sounds silly to ask this, but my interview would be July. Do you think I might have a chance to pass that date? And also, I'm from Iran, so my background check should be longer than usual. :(

Normally you would be very safe with a July interview, but AP does raise a risk. I'm not sure of all the details of the Iranian AP, other than knowing certain jobs put you more at risk of AP, but I have seen some comments on other threads about processing times on Iranian AP speeding up - so that will be good news for you - I'm afraid I didn't pay very much attention to details though. There is some evidence that they prioritise AP on DV cases so... hopefully you will be OK.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.