PhilNM

Please share CRBA interviews

26 posts in this topic

Hi, my husband filed my daughter's crba here in cebu. And we just walked in with all our documents. We just got a number and waited to becalled and then handed the checklist and all the required documents to thefirst window. Then the persin in window 1 checked the papers and told us to wait for our names to be called. Then after we were called by the consul and asked some questions and swear that all documents are true and with correct information. Then the consul told us to wait for 3 months to get it processed.

We filed it last march and then they called us last april and told us that we need to have a dna test. So we just sent an email to st. Lukes for dna request and waiting for their response. I will have my visa interview on june 23. Do you think it may cause a problem if we dont have the crba yet?

I did our CRBA for our 2 kids in Cebu. I have all complete papers and followed requirements throughly and according to checklist. Good thing I kept all the hospital bills receipts, all my ultrasound records and got all the hospital records as well. I also provided them plenty growing up pics, etc. Our kids are 6 and 10 that time. The receiving officer who was collecting the documents just ask how come I only applied now? I just gave him 2 phrases. "Financial reasons. It's not cheap." Then proceeded more in looking at papers. After that, he told me to wait for name to be called. When in consul window, the consul just looked at papers. He didn't ask anymore questions. He just complimented the way I arranged the records I submitted. He said I took the the submission of papers to the next level and that I made their job easier. I really did spent months preparing those papers for our two kids. I mounted all the hospital bills, pictures, ultrasound on another paper so it don't look scattered. I also labeled some of the mounted photos so they know easily who's who and the age they are in during the shot. I described it. I also had many pictures of my big naked belly showing and what month. Good thing my husband loves taking pictures of my belly growing. I think that helped a lot that's why we were not ask for DNA anymore. And I brought my two kids during the interview who are undoubtedly Amerisian looking. The consul just said Hi to my kids and my kids just said Hi back. He had my oath and after that told me to wait for a couple of months in the mail for their American passports and CRBA. We got it less than 2 months. Couple months after I applied for the kids SSN in the Embassy in Manila.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow that was fast we filed for crba last march submitted everything that was asked but they still need to do DNA. Smh.

Sorry to be late in answering with my response--we did two CRBAs and for the first one they had us do blood dna (2009) but the one we did for our second son was approved with no DNA test. We arranged all of the documents and mounted them as someone else said in this thread. Growing up pictures were easy because we used Facebook posts as time stamps, then printed the pictures that were in the Facebook pages. Everything was arranged with a nice index, and it took only about an hour and a half to get approval in my second son's case last year. See my signature for timelines for the CRBAs and passports. Good luck!

02/20/2014 Sent I129F Petition (Texas)

02/28/2014 NOA1

04/08/2014 Alien Registration Number Changed

05/01/2014 NOA2 text and e-mail

05/06/2014 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

05/06/2014 text that USCIS had shipped case to NVC

05/06/2014 Emailed NVC for MNL case number

05/10/2014 NVC Received file

05/13/2014 Called NVC, Received MNL Case Number

05/15/2014 Visa Fee paid at BPI, Roxas City

05/15/2014 Created Profile on US Embassy Manila website (Note: when you set this up, you need to select "immigrant visa" for K1, and you also need your fiancé/e's passport number, passport issuance date, and passport expiration date to set up the profile)

05/15/2014 In Transit to Embassy

05/19/2014 File is at Embassy ('Ready')

06/03/2014 St. Luke's Medical

06/19/2014 Interview 7:30 am--APPROVED!!

07/01/2014 US Passport renewal Scheduled for Number One Son at USEM--Approved!

07/01/2014 Visa in Hand for K1

07/03/2014 CRBA and Passport Scheduled for Number Two Son at USEM--both Approved--no DNA test wow!

07/21/2014 New US Passport received in Capiz for Number One Son

08/12/2014 New US Passport and Birth Abroad Received in Capiz for Number Two Son

10/25/2014 POE Seattle, WA, then on to Albuquerque, NM where I picked up my two kids and mommy

10/28/2014 Applied for SS Number in Single Name

11/05/2014 Received SS Card

11/07/2014 Married!

11/25/2014 Applied for SS Number in Married Name

12/20/2014 Received SS Number in Married Name

12/25/2014 AOS/EAD Application Sent to Chicago Lockbox

12/31/2014 NOA 1 for AOS/EAD

01/28/2015 Biometrics for AOS/EAD

02/01/2015 RFE for Certified Marriage License for I485 AOS

02/11/2015 Received Certified copy of Marriage License in response to RFE (wait, wait)

03/16/2015 EAD Card received in the mail

04/24/2015 Baby Grace born in the USA!

06/11/2015 Interview Waiver letter received for I485 AOS (says wait 6 months for action)

hi! sorry i know this isnt my post but just wanted to ask anyone who has undergone the crba. how long did you hear from the embassy after you had submitted your requirements?

can you do crba walk in in cebe office?

hi! sorry i know this isnt my post but just wanted to ask anyone who has undergone the crba. how long did you hear from the embassy after you had submitted your requiremens?

can you do crba in cebe office?

hello, we just did DNA last thursday for our daugher's crba thy said results will be 2 to 3 weeks and we'll be notified thru email. We did crba in cebu as well. We just walked in with all the requirements needed.

Sorry to be late in answering with my response--we did two CRBAs and for the first one they had us do blood dna (2009) but the one we did for our second son was approved with no DNA test. We arranged all of the documents and mounted them as someone else said in this thread. Growing up pictures were easy because we used Facebook posts as time stamps, then printed the pictures that were in the Facebook pages. Everything was arranged with a nice index, and it took only about an hour and a half to get approval in my second son's case last year. See my signature for timelines for the CRBAs and passports. Good luck!

hi, i think they require DNA if you were not married before your child was born maybe. we just got done with the DNA now I'm geting really nervous with my interview on tuesday. Hope all goes well.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where did you apply the crba in Manila?how did u get an appointment?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.