LibCampFireClub

Duke rebuke: Professor defiant after school condemns racially charged remarks

23 posts in this topic

Takes a bit longer to get to Hawaii.

I'm with val on this one. I support his right to say this ridiculous nonsense. Better to open your mouth and be proven a fool than let people just guess that you might be. I also think there is waaaaaayyyy too much special snowflake sensitivity going on at the moment, particularly at universities. But what he says is reductionist bullpucky that speaks to his own ignorance, particularly the equation of Polish jokes with institutionalized racism against blacks and the Japanese internment camps.

bad enough that special snowflake sensitivity is inescapable in primary schools - it's sickening to see it permeating institutions of "higher learning".

bad enough that special snowflake sensitivity is inescapable in primary schools - it's sickening to see it permeating institutions of "higher learning".

What really toasted my muffins last week was hearing that some Columbia University students thought that their professor was being highly insensitive by not providing a "trigger warning" before studying Ovid's Metamorphosis. I am a Classicist and a survivor of sexual assault. I was able to differentiate the story of Leda and the Swan from my own experience. There is a lot of rape in classical Greek and Roman mythology. Choosing to opt out of learning about the cornerstones of literature, the arts and philosophy because one's precious feels are hurt is frickin' ridiculous. I have even heard of some students wanting trigger warnings when the distressing image or text does not even relate to their own experience -- it's just really, really upsetting, you know? These children need to grow up.

GET OFF MAH LAWN

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

What really toasted my muffins last week was hearing that some Columbia University students thought that their professor was being highly insensitive by not providing a "trigger warning" before studying Ovid's Metamorphosis. I am a Classicist and a survivor of sexual assault. I was able to differentiate the story of Leda and the Swan from my own experience. There is a lot of rape in classical Greek and Roman mythology. Choosing to opt out of learning about the cornerstones of literature, the arts and philosophy because one's precious feels are hurt is frickin' ridiculous. I have even heard of some students wanting trigger warnings when the distressing image or text does not even relate to their own experience -- it's just really, really upsetting, you know? These children need to grow up.

GET OFF MAH LAWN

i can't even begin to understand the logic behind trigger warnings. certainly not in colleges, but isn't that where it all started? these damn liberal colleges? i know it didn't start at BJU (my wannabe alma mater)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hard work? Passing grades? What's the purpose of that?

michelle-500x300.jpg

Michelle Obama Accidentally Throws Democrat Party Under the Bus During her Race Baiting Speech
While delivering the commencement address at Tuskegee University, a private, historical black college located in Alabama, Michelle Obama once again played the race card hard pushing the notion of black victimization as well as the accusation that at its very core, America is a racist nation where people intentionally try to hold blacks back.
The fact that these remarks were being delivered by the black wife of the first black, though half black, president, is pathetic and hypocritical enough. But, the cities used as examples in her attack against America actually offers a condemnation of the Democrat Party, though that was likely not Michelle’s intent.
Claiming that blacks feel ‘systemic discrimination,’ Obama offered the examples that blacks are always afraid of being pulled over or stopped for no reason other than the fact that they are black. She reassured those listening that these feelings are real, but said that they cannot disengage.
Preying upon the recent events of the Baltimore riots and Ferguson, Obama, like her husband, stoked the flames of racial unrest as she said, “I want to be very clear that those feelings are not an excuse to just throw up our hands and give up. Not an excuse. They are not an excuse to lose hope. To succumb to feelings of despair and anger only means that in the end, we lose.”
She continued with her attack on America disguised as compassion by saying, “They’re rooted in decades of structural challenges that have made too many folks feel frustrated and invisible. And those feelings are playing out in communities like Baltimore and Ferguson and so many others across this country.”
Obama continued her irrational and lie-based argument by encouraging the graduates to remained involved in civic matters and vote. She said, “The first thing we have to do is vote. Hey, no, not just once in a while. Not just when my husband or somebody you like is on the ballot. But in every election at every level, all of the time. Because here is the truth — if you want to have a say in your community, if you truly want the power to control your own destiny, then you’ve got to be involved.”
Perhaps someone should fill Michelle in on the fact that Baltimore has been a Democrat stronghold for over 150 years. The last time the city had a Republican mayor was in 1967, which was 48 years ago. Every single member of the Baltimore City Council is a Democrat. How is that working out?
This speech by Michelle Obama is just the latest in a series of race baiting speeches given in order to generate antagonism and anger among the black electorate. It is a prime example of the psychological warfare that Democrats, especially the Obamas, play with black people as they seek to hold them in a victimhood mentality in order to maintain their power.
As we near the 2016 elections, it is obvious, based upon recent speeches by both Michelle and Barack Obama, that America can expect one thing to remain certain. The race baiters in the Oval Office will continue to use, abuse, and brainwash their followers, especially blacks. It’s not just all they know, it is who they are.
16itz7b.png