jamie1981

Sydney, Australia Medical - HELP!!!!!!!

17 posts in this topic

Hey all,

We should be (fingers crossed) getting our CC this week. Which means that we are now focusing on getting ready for the medical before the interview, and want to price/space out what is needed.

I saw that there are only two medical establishments within Sydney that have been approved, one website has their prices for what they offer.

My questions is;

* What aspect of the items listed are the must have, to be done to take into the interview??

* Do I require every single vaccination???

https://www.medibankhealth.com.au/immigration-visa-medicals_content.asp?id=815&t=United+States+fees+2014-2015&cid=118

The question may have been asked so many times so really appreciate it if you do not mind answering once more.

I am thinking of spacing out the costs over a period of time

Also for anyone who knows the Australian Medicare system, are any of these under rebate to claim any of the prices back or free under Medicare??

Thanks again

Jamie and Logan

I have just added up all the prices and they come to $1079.78

Does that sound right... just need to work out budgets and stuff

10/1/14 Married

24/3/15 I-130 Petition filed

26/3/14 Priority date given

15/9/14 - I-797

13/11/14 - Payment for NVC

23/1/15 - DS-260 Immigrant Registration

4/3/15 - NVC Date given acceptance of file

10/4/15 - Checklist

15/4/15 Re-file

24/4/15 - NVC date given x 2

21/5/15 - Case Complete :dancing:

Bump! :) Still would love some help

10/1/14 Married

15/9/14 - I-797

10/4/15 - Checklist

15/4/15 Re-file

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Australia/New Zealand regional subforum, for country-specific advice. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Jamie and Logan,

i had my medical in sydney in jan 2014, it did not cost that much money, think around $400 for doctor and another $85 for chest X ray. you do not need to do all vaccinations listed as you might have done them somehow before, but you need a record to prove it. however if you do not have any records like me, you need to get a blood test and find out and only need to do vaccine on the ones necessary. apart from the consultation for blood test and maybe the blood test is covered by medicare, nothing else is covered by medicare. again this was a year and a half ago, things may have changed. Good luck........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Book your medical and they will tell you which shots you need to get. I had to get 2, flu and one for tetanus.

Costs around $500

You'll wanna bring your vaccination records to the medical also.

Hey all

Thanks so much for getting back to us!!~!~!

We got Case Complete yesterday Woo-hoo!!!!

So next step is all things medical and then interview.. How are you guys going with your processes?

Jamie

10/1/14 Married

15/9/14 - I-797

10/4/15 - Checklist

15/4/15 Re-file

Yeh Jamie I called around all my schools and local council to give me proof that I was up to date with vaccinations.

My medical was in Melbourne at Medibank and to be honest was the only part of this process that has been smooth and easy.

Was around $400 and could not use cash and then went back the next day to get my x-ray, disk and sealed envelope.

Exciting you got CC now hopefully your wait for your interview date and actual interview comes quickly!!!

Yeh Jamie I called around all my schools and local council to give me proof that I was up to date with vaccinations.

My medical was in Melbourne at Medibank and to be honest was the only part of this process that has been smooth and easy.

Was around $400 and could not use cash and then went back the next day to get my x-ray, disk and sealed envelope.

Exciting you got CC now hopefully your wait for your interview date and actual interview comes quickly!!!

Hey thanks Brendan

I went to my doctors yesterday to get a blood test to see what I am vaccinated against, so will find out on Tuesday. He did ask why I was doing this, to which I said for a visa, and he said you know that Medicare doesnt cover it if it is for a medical, so I was like what no, no, no this is totally for work. Soooo it ended up being free.

It is soooo exciting that we got CC the other day, how long was the process for you from CC, until the interview was organised etc.

Also how was your interview?

We are going away for the whole month in June to south east asia so really hoping it isnt scheduled for then.

It is good to see other Aussies going through the same process

10/1/14 Married

15/9/14 - I-797

10/4/15 - Checklist

15/4/15 Re-file

Hey thanks Brendan

I went to my doctors yesterday to get a blood test to see what I am vaccinated against, so will find out on Tuesday. He did ask why I was doing this, to which I said for a visa, and he said you know that Medicare doesnt cover it if it is for a medical, so I was like what no, no, no this is totally for work. Soooo it ended up being free.

It is soooo exciting that we got CC the other day, how long was the process for you from CC, until the interview was organised etc.

Also how was your interview?

We are going away for the whole month in June to south east asia so really hoping it isnt scheduled for then.

It is good to see other Aussies going through the same process

Ohh nice good work with not paying for the blood test and that's a good way of getting it sorted,

I got my cc April 27th and then May 7th got my interview date for June 30th.. Believe all interviews are booked for June mate so you should be in July.

Yeh I have now found other Aussies on the Aussie page on here which is great as everyone is very helpful :)

Good luck with the next stage for you mate!!!

Hey ya Brendan

Sweeeeeet as! Thanks for all your help, good luck for your interview as well.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I am glad to hear the June dates are all filled means we can go adventuring without the stress. As we were CC last thursday hope that at least the interview date gets arranged this week. Would be awesome to know what we are dealing with!

Good luck with everything on your end :idea:

10/1/14 Married

15/9/14 - I-797

10/4/15 - Checklist

15/4/15 Re-file

Hi all,

I Have searched high and low to find other aussies going through the whole medical stage. I have no records of my vaccinations and seen that someone mentioned that you do not need your vaccination records for the medical.

My question is, because I dont have my vaccination records will the panel physician test me for what vaccinations I have and havent had or do I need to see my own doctor and get blood tests done and get the doctor to give me something in writing saying which vaccinations I have had?

Please help!!!!

Hey there.

So you need proof that you have had all your vaccinations when you go to your medical. The easiest way is to go to your doctor and have a blood test done. Apparently it's covered by Medicare if you say it's for work. I however took the harder option and found proof that I had all my vaccinations already by using the book my mum had from when I was a child and also contact the local councils where my school were located. .

Hope this helps mate

Thank you im going to contact my local council tomorrow I hate blood tests and would rather do the harder option haha but if it comes down to getting a blood test with my local doctor then so be it, do I need to get something in writing from my doctor once the blood tests come back?

Yes well being an Aussie you most likely had all your vaccinations when growing up at the doctors, primary and high schools...

I called two councils and took me a while but eventually they emailed me stating what i had and when i had it growing up...

The doctor i had do my medical check with medibank was super nice --- Ohh she did however mention the flu shot and that those having a medical check in winter should have this..

For me as it was April she said she could state it was not winter yet and i could get away with not having the shot :)

Yes definitely need it in writing from the doc saying that you have had all your vaccinations or from the other sources i mentioned...

If you are unsure what shots you need for going to the states and don't see it online i would just call medibank as i am sure they will tell you or email a list to you..

Hope this helps and makes sense mate

T

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys!

Im in Australia too (Queensland) and we've just received notice that Sydney has our case now! Now I just need to get medical done. I was reading this thread and is proving to be very helpful however, Im so lost right now on what to do next!

We received this via mail and email:
Is this what's known as a packet 3???
Also - for medical, we can't just go to any GP? It has to be an approved place? Sorry to tag onto this forum, but just really needing advice from Aussies.

*** AUTOMATED MESSAGE ***

*** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ***

Dear K Visa Petitioner,

The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney has received your approved petition. Please have your fiancée create a profile via
and email our office at
. In the email they must advise the following information:

Name:

C
ase number (
ie:
SYD2014000000)
:

E
mail address
:

P
hone number
:

Passport Number:

Thank you

Visa Unit (BC)

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.