raven52

I Cannot Believe What My Ears Heard, Today!!!

107 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was watching TV this morning, and at exactly 11:50 a.m., one of the four major news networks started talking about ""spousal and fiance"" visa to this country.

And I quote, ""According to a top Obama spokesman, that spousal and fiance visa, HAD NO STANDING WITH HIS ADMINISTRATION,"" and all resources that could be summoned by the administration would

be directed to, ""ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS,"" and processing them ahead of all other visas. Their goal was 2 to 4 thousand a day!

OK.,.,.,,.long suffering people at TSC, and VSC.,.,.,you have your ""CULPRIT"" .,.,..,

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION!!!

I switched to another network at 12 noon, and the same wording was was on this network also. This was not local news casts, but ""coast to coast"" news being reported.

It even interviewed a man whose family had been ""stuck in Chile for 18 months, and no progress in his attempt to get a visa.""

This interview is what sparked the news from the spokesman from the ""OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.""

I swear on all that is real and holy this was the exact working, as I recorded it, so I could make this post!!!

OK.,.,.,do YOU know who to extend YOUR wrath???

Could you please tell me the network that this was on? I'm assuming you're referring to the case of Jimmy Gugliotta, that story has been circulating for a while now. It is certainly true that when compared to all other visas (not just the DAPA/DACA cases you're mentioning), fiancé and spousal visas have been put low down on the priority totem pole by the administration. You can actually find some data on that online.

However, believe me, he's certainly been made aware of the severe backlog one service center has over another. Not a whole lot has been done regarding that. Complaining to elected officials is one thing, having them do something about it, is quite another. I don't foresee the next President 'fixing' the problem either. ;)

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/05/18/report-illegal-immigrants-pushing-families-us-citizens-back-immigration-line

The administration was asked why illegal immigrants are given priority over those trying to enter the US legally, all they could say was "We're working on it." That's comforting.......

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Edited by iammrsregie

Timeline

This administration, ""has been working on it for over 6 years."" They are still ""clueless.""

The first network was ch. 37, Fox News, (11:50), we all know Fox hates the ground Obama walks on, so I tuned to NBC at noon, and somewhere after about 15 minutes, the same story "broke" and was almost word for word. Even the video tape of the man in Chile, trying to get his family to the USA. for over about 18 months, i am pretty sure I heard.

I taped the first one from Fox.,.,so I know exactly what was said.

I totally disagree with Yuna 628.,.,.,.,""NO other president would be processing 2 to 4 thousand petitions of ILLEGAL aliens, a day, as an ILLEGAL alien is what it is, ""ILLEGAL!!!""

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hardly news. Been known for years.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I'm not surprised at all.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to General Immigration-Related Discussion Forum~

~Commentary applicable to several types of visa processes~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

What keeps evading most of your posts is the word you find yourself, unable to speak, it is ""ILLEGAL,"".,.,.2 to 4 thousand ILLEGAL petitions are being processed a day. CSC, is the lone bright spot, but something had to be done to take the pressure off, what this president is doing.,.,..,

Two to four thousand ILLEGAL aliens.,.,.being processed, and their words, not mine, "this takes precedence over spousal and fiance visas,".,.,.,I am sure you long suffering people waiting for your visas, it makes you feel ,.,.,"all warm and cozy inside," what this president is doing.

Maybe my memory is bad, but during G.W. Bush was in office, I do not remember him.,.,.EVER, processing 2-4 thousand ""ILLEGALS"" a day.,.,.,I do not think any president has, from either party,

we are dealing with an entirely different animal with Obama.,.,.,he is neither Democrat nor Repub..,.,.,.he is Obama, who has said.,,..,.he will be president until 2020.,.,

Has anyone heard the news that he is thinking of "federalizing" all police departments, nationwide.,.,.,.,is that not martial law.,.,and an election cannot be held in 2016, within 6 months of "martial law" being imposed.

Please, people, try to not defend this tyrant! Just watch what happens the next year.

After, all the Illegals are processed, given food stamps, telephones, housing, and un-employment benefits.,.,.,on our tax money.,.,.,,just wait and watch!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Surely you do know all about the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, right?

Or about the 1996 Immigration Reform Act (that pretty much allowed deferred action) which was used all the way up until the time our current President took office.

Look, I'm not debating you on it being right or wrong, but you should know that Presidents can, have, and will continue to do the same exact things the current one is doing. The 1986 act to some estimates at the time gave amnesty to about 4 million individuals.

Immigration reform is unpopular, we certainly have known this for a long time now. The cynic in me knows not too much will change. If once all legal means to stop DAPA/DACA are exhausted (which hasn't happened yet but soon enough), let me know when the next President has enough courage to tell those families who have now been made legal that they can be un-made. Let us see the scenes of millions of sobbing people being forced back across the borders and tell me if a President or his/her party could politically survive it. Talking points and speeches sound sweet until they actually realize the problem and back away.

Our lives are political footballs to politicians, one way or another.

Does it make me mad that our lives take a back seat over those who came here illegally, or even those who come here in the temporary migrant worker program that Bush also loved to use (they get put in front too)? Yes, I am. You're right to also be angry, and I'm not disagreeing with you on that. But it won't be changing, no matter whom is in office.

^^^^^^^ this

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.