Klepley

Philippine Child Custody Cases?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Long story short. Fiance was four days from getting certificate of finality when her ex changed his mine and now wants custody of the kids who he has never supported in his life time. Now they are going to court. Any idea how long these custody cases take on average? Any suggestions? All help appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Philippines forum from K1 Process and Procedures - As this is very country specific.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

If he refuses to cooperate, it could be long and brutal. How old is the kid? Were they married? Hmm. If he never provided financial support, is it because he can't afford it? Wonder how he's gonna do in court if he cant afford a lawyer.

Edited by iammrsregie

He doesn't want to go to court. He doesn't want the kids. He smells money. 'Kano money.

Find out his bottom-line price and pay it. It will simplify your life.

Timeline

Two kids, 10 and 4. The boy lives with my fiance, the girl with his family. They split when the boy was 5 and he has never paid for anything for his son while they were married nor when living apart. He has never moved out of his famlies house. His sister is married to an American and they recevie money from them when needed. I thought the same thing about money but that does not seem to be the case as that was my first thought as well. Being so close and having taken so long, I can see this will take even longer. So again, in holding pattern, and we all know nothing happens fast in that country.

The ex has two choices:

1. He can spend his money going to court and risk coming away with nothing except legal bills.

2. He can take the money and come away with something.

It's time for you to play hardball.

What's the annotation of the judge? If he doesn't have money, he is just threatening you by words. Wait, see, and be calm! It takes time and money to make an appeal. Lawyer (if private, he should put out atleast 1kUSD) if PAO, there is a process, requirements in attaining their service like ITR, income should be below Php13k, etc. And not to mention the running around and emotional torture dealing with the Philippine beaurocracy. If he is just saying he will fight/appeal... let him! Because without Motion (from certified lawyers who will represent him) nothing will happen!

Good luck!

What's the annotation of the judge? If he doesn't have money, he is just threatening you by words. Wait, see, and be calm! It takes time and money to make an appeal. Lawyer (if private, he should put out atleast 1kUSD) if PAO, there is a process, requirements in attaining their service like ITR, income should be below Php13k, etc. And not to mention the running around and emotional torture dealing with the Philippine beaurocracy. If he is just saying he will fight/appeal... let him! Because without Motion (from certified lawyers who will represent him) nothing will happen!

^^^ I think it's just a threat.

However, Klepley may not want to prolong his already-long visa journey.

Timeline

Thanks everyone. She goes to court for this on Friday so will see what happens. I really think he planned it this way to make her have to wait even longer. I feel more bad for her than me as she was afraid to tell me as we started this process in 2012, but you are correct, this is a time consuming and life draining process on both parties. At this time, I guess I have to grin and bear it until I see what this Friday's outcome happens to be.

have you visited her in the philippines since 2012? did you meet her family? just asking...

June 2 2013 priority date
december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
March 2014 approved at USCIS
june 2014 NVC received
march 2 2015 sent aos and iv package
march 8 i emailed nvc request to expedite my case
march 13 approved expedite request
march 17 in transit status in CEAC
march 19 case file at US embassy
march 23 first day of medical at Slec
march 29 personal evaluation...passed!
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
July 30 status update date change FINALLY.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

October 28 2015 POE Sam Francisco
November 7, 2015 SSN
December 2015... 10 year green card arrived
December 2015 Driver's license issued..yay! <p>

NATURALIZATION N400 SECTION 319B
January 29,2016 Application for N400 section 319b sent at Phoenix AZ
February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA
February 23 Biometric done, walk in (March 2 original schedule
February 28 Inline for interview
March 30 interview was scheduled
May 4, 2016 INTERVIEW APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.