ChasUno

Got case number from NVC, not recognised on CEAC website?

26 posts in this topic

You never know for sure on timelines. I would go "all in" betting that your case is in London today. So yeah, to three weeks from now. And your medical won't go to the embassy for 3-4 days after. Then they won't look at it for sometime. Finally an interview letter will come. Maybe a latter half of July interview?

Tried entering our case number and invoice numbers again into the CEAC links above - still nothing being recognised. Hoping that our case will indeed arrive in London before June 9th!

And yes, hoping very much for a mid/ latter half of July interview, possibly earlier. For many logistical reasons we'd like it to be earlier (my partner has to leave his old house end of June and we need to get down to FL to find a new house), though going by the thread (time from medical to interview) it seems that the gap is increasing and my interview might end up late July/ early August.

I will have finished with my job come June, and being on the edge of London it's actually easy for me to get to the Embassy at any time at short notice. Is there anyway I could get them to put me on a list for cancellations if such a thing exists?

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Tried entering our case number and invoice numbers again into the CEAC links above - still nothing being recognised. Hoping that our case will indeed arrive in London before June 9th!

And yes, hoping very much for a mid/ latter half of July interview, possibly earlier. For many logistical reasons we'd like it to be earlier (my partner has to leave his old house end of June and we need to get down to FL to find a new house), though going by the thread (time from medical to interview) it seems that the gap is increasing and my interview might end up late July/ early August.

I will have finished with my job come June, and being on the edge of London it's actually easy for me to get to the Embassy at any time at short notice. Is there anyway I could get them to put me on a list for cancellations if such a thing exists?

Same here. Also confirmed with NVC twice and found out that mine left on the 15th. I know that those that left on the 15th were delivered to the London embassy on the 18th, so hopefully ours are in that bunch.

Fiance did reach the embassy that confirmed the website was giving issues, but that was it. They said if it did indeed arrive there last monday (they wouldn't confirm, this is from that DHL tracking that everyone is doing) he should have paperwork early this week. Fingers crossed!

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

(message - "Your search did not return any data.")

Just tried the link above today and it is now working: Our case is ready!

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: LND*********** LND Status Updated Date: 26-May-2015
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Having the same issue too..don't know exactly why. Got Frankfurt FRA or FRN ?

Edited by Sabrina&Chuck

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Having the same issue too..don't know exactly why. Got Frankfurt FRA or FRN ?

Don't worry. It will update when it reaches and is logged into the embassy.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just called them having the same issue > the website has techical problems< they try to solve it already. Everyone gets weird messages popping up

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Just tried the link above today and it is now working: Our case is ready!

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: LND*********** LND Status Updated Date: 26-May-2015
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section.

Oh geez, did I get this right - your petition arrived at the NVC, you got your case number and eight days later it was already at the embassy, ready for the interview?

I figured I'd be seeing some info text about the case being in "administrative processing" first and then something about it being shipped off and THEN it being in administrative processing at the embassy again before I'd finally get to make an appointment for the interview... in about 60 days. No?

If it really goes from 0 to 100 I guess I'll have to step up my game and start getting everything ready for the interview. Good thing I actually made an appointment for my medical for next week. :)

Could it really go that fast? Right now my "status" looks like that (got the case number two days ago, the petition had arrived three days ago):

post-206668-0-46969100-1437676483_thumb.png

Edited by BWandSP

Oh geez, did I get this right - your petition arrived at the NVC, you got your case number and eight days later it was already at the embassy, ready for the interview?

I figured I'd be seeing some info text about the case being in "administrative processing" first and then something about it being shipped off and THEN it being in administrative processing at the embassy again before I'd finally get to make an appointment for the interview... in about 60 days. No?

No, the case arrived at the Embassy ready for me to BOOK a MEDICAL! If you can get the case number from the NVC before the case reaches London, this allows you to book a medical a little earlier.

Only after you've had the medical (and the results are submitted to the Embassy if all clear), and form DS160 and the Readiness form are submitted will you be allocated an interview. You do not book an interview, you will given a date by the Embassy.

Regarding time frames, check the threads "Medical to Interview" and "Interview date to visa in hand" for a guide to how long you can be expected to wait.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

• 2 months later...

I rang the NVC a few days ago and managed to get our case number (LND*********). However, when I put it in the CEAC website to check the status, it says "Your search did not return any data." I chose the "Immigrant Visa (IV)" drop down box. I also tried it with the "Non Immigrant" drop down box and selected "England, London" with the same result.

Is this normal, and does it mean that it's too early for it to be in transit to London or something?

Also, can I still book my medical even though the CEAC website doesn't yet acknowledge our case number? I did double check when the NVC officer read out the number over the phone and also read it back to her for confirmation.

I'd like to get the medical scheduled to get on top of the process.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Was looking for an update on your case as i'm having the same issue. My net crashed out and now I see you already had posted one. "doh".

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.