KokiLulu

What is needed to show ties to ones own country?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read so many of the same posts, and muslin men, from the middle east, are just not going to get this type of visas.

Is it discrimination, by definition, I would say yes. But we are dealing with the US govt., and USCIS.,.,. and they know the people that are high risk to not keep their word, so this is the

system we have.

Just wait out your K-1, all will be fine. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

@Boiler, there is a big difference between a GF and a fiancé.

I have entered twice on ESTA saying "I'm visiting my fiance" and I never had any issues I didn't even have to show them proof I was going back to Sweden or anything else. Check out the thread "Yes, you can visit" there are lots of people saying they are visiting their fiance without any trouble. (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/) So yeah kind of feels like he raised some other red flags or he met a very strict CBP officer on a really bad day.

Was his POE PDX or another airport? Just curious because I know that Newark has some not very nice CBP officers.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i am the Egyptian girl, i am going to apply for it, and by the way i am too Muslim :)
my pan is to be completely honest at my interview, i know 95% will have reject but nothing is impossible
i know that Egypt is a high fraud country , but i am thinking maybe they fear males more than females to run away , cuz ofcourse i can not do it, i am already working on my k1 visa, will take my noa1 , even if i can take emails that were sending to my attorney or anything could support i would do this, by the way i even left my job. so now i am without work, my only plan is to be completely honest praying he could feel this honesty of mine and give me the visitor visa , i was thinking to make a trip in august or September, to pay for it and even the flight to anywhere else so i can show him the itinerary and make more sure i am coming back for this trip, i am trying, my fiance's mother she is not well, she wants to meet me and me her, so badly , plus i need to spend time with my fiance, i think this is one of our rights to see our fiance's parents , i am going to use anything to have it and leave the decision in god's hand, i will pray and do what i can do
i am so sad, so depressed truly, my heart hurts me so badly, i feel like i am in a cage , i cant find anyway sooner to be with the person that i love, and even i am stuck like rest of texas fillers in this nightmare, don't know how long i will wait, saying the approval in September, even if its in September so how long after the approval i should wait at least another 2 month, this is truly heartbreak, while seeing other's approvals in weeks , so unfair and so unacceptable, but there is nothing to do but play this waiting game :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Leaving your job was a really bad idea.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i am the Egyptian girl, i am going to apply for it, and by the way i am too Muslim :)

my pan is to be completely honest at my interview, i know 95% will have reject but nothing is impossible

i know that Egypt is a high fraud country , but i am thinking maybe they fear males more than females to run away , cuz ofcourse i can not do it, i am already working on my k1 visa, will take my noa1 , even if i can take emails that were sending to my attorney or anything could support i would do this, by the way i even left my job. so now i am without work, my only plan is to be completely honest praying he could feel this honesty of mine and give me the visitor visa , i was thinking to make a trip in august or September, to pay for it and even the flight to anywhere else so i can show him the itinerary and make more sure i am coming back for this trip, i am trying, my fiance's mother she is not well, she wants to meet me and me her, so badly , plus i need to spend time with my fiance, i think this is one of our rights to see our fiance's parents , i am going to use anything to have it and leave the decision in god's hand, i will pray and do what i can do

i am so sad, so depressed truly, my heart hurts me so badly, i feel like i am in a cage , i cant find anyway sooner to be with the person that i love, and even i am stuck like rest of texas fillers in this nightmare, don't know how long i will wait, saying the approval in September, even if its in September so how long after the approval i should wait at least another 2 month, this is truly heartbreak, while seeing other's approvals in weeks , so unfair and so unacceptable, but there is nothing to do but play this waiting game :(

Asalamu alaykum!

I didn't see your post from the other day but some of the members here mentioned it. I hope you update us to let us know if you are approved for a tourist visa. You and I are almost in the same time frame for the k-1 visa. My priority date is 02/25/15 so really close to yours. Also, i live in Maryland, not too far from Washington D.C. and Virginia. So you will be really near when you come. I will make Duah for you and hope insha allah they approve your visa! Good luck!

Timeline

Asalamu alaykum!

I didn't see your post from the other day but some of the members here mentioned it. I hope you update us to let us know if you are approved for a tourist visa. You and I are almost in the same time frame for the k-1 visa. My priority date is 02/25/15 so really close to yours. Also, i live in Maryland, not too far from Washington D.C. and Virginia. So you will be really near when you come. I will make Duah for you and hope insha allah they approve your visw a

w alaykom el salam

i will for sure update what happened with me in my visitor visa interview, and yes i noticed we are almost the same time frame, i t would be nice when i travel to make a good friends cuz i will be away from all my friends and family, truly i deeply thank you for your duaa i need it, i am facing very difficult days and don't know how i would bear months without my future husband, and i believe everyone hear almost feel the same way, but some of them blessed by having visas and can visits their fiancee , i pray to have this blessing very soon

Timeline

Why? Now one of your ties to your home country is gone which will decrease your chances of a tourist visa.

hello maria

believe me if i want to bring a letter that i am working somewhere and everything they need to prove i am working i could have it

but i never want to lie to increase my chances, this is what happened , out of my control , and my only chance here is my true honest with him, what meant to happen will happen , i am going through this and will pray the fees and know that 98% i will have rejection , but truly it is worth to try, something else i am thinking about, even if i have refusal for visitor visa, it will help with my k1 visa, because i will talk honestly with them , that i need to spend time with my fiance and his parents and family, if i got refusal, when i make the k1 visa they will know how deeply we need to be with each other, so i think it will support even my k1 visa interview , i am trying to be positive even in my refusal that i gained something good from it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

w alaykom el salam

i will for sure update what happened with me in my visitor visa interview, and yes i noticed we are almost the same time frame, i t would be nice when i travel to make a good friends cuz i will be away from all my friends and family, truly i deeply thank you for your duaa i need it, i am facing very difficult days and don't know how i would bear months without my future husband, and i believe everyone hear almost feel the same way, but some of them blessed by having visas and can visits their fiancee , i pray to have this blessing very soon

Sorry to break it to you but getting refused on your visitors visa is not going to effect the outcome, positive or negative, on your k1 visa interview. It does not show anything other than the fact that you tried to go to america on a visitor visa and got denied.

Timeline

Sorry to break it to you but getting refused on your visitors visa is not going to effect the outcome, positive or negative, on your k1 visa interview. It does not show anything other than the fact that you tried to go to america on a visitor visa and got denied.

that is true, even though i know it will not affect my k1 visa either ways

most important it does not affect it negatively, i asked the attorney and she recommended not to apply for visitor visa because it is highly will be rejected, but she said be honest completely with my answers that i am going for my fiancee, not tourism or something, and this is what i was going to do from the beginning, i will give it a try and see what will happen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.