grad_student

Will NVC look into medical records for the duration I was in US?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was a student in USA and lived there for about 5 years before returning to my home country (Pakistan). I will be applying for IR-1/CR-1 visa in near future. I am wondering if NVC or US Embassy will look into my medical records and reports for the duration I was in USA? Asking out of curiosity. Thanks

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nvc ? No . Embassy ? Possibility but only as a why were you in the U.S., what for, how long, etc. kind of thing which you can simply answer with I was a student studying whatever, medical records ? I don't see why was there something wrong ?

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Well, I would say that with the passing of HIPPA, if the government decides to start investigating your past medical records, you have much bigger problems that you are not telling us about.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No there wasnt anything wrong. I may have mistakenly said that I have had tuberculosis in past while in fact it was a severe case of bronchitis. I do not remember saying it until one of the doctors at the student health center made an indirect comment about it. Just wondering if they will be able to figure that out. And what should I do given the situation explained here?

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.