shellymarie

AFTER NOA2...PLEASE HELP!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

haha this is awesome information!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much for your response!!! :) :) :) and that's funny what you wrote at the end because I'm sure they must think that about a lot of us LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, don't overwhelm yourself with more documents than requested! For the Affidavit just check the instructions (I just added 3 past IRS transcripts, 3 months paychecks, 3 W2s and his statement of service). I had a letter of the bank but it was a little bit old for the interview so I just skipped it and everything went fine. Do not print a ton of evidences. Brazil is an easy embassy and I doubt they will request additional evidences, if so you bet they won't waste a lot of their time overlooking it. Interviews there usually don't take more than 5 minutes and the questions are pretty much the same (How/when y'all met, how many times the petitioner has been in Brazil and who proposed to who). As soon as you receive the Embassy instructions (Straight forward) just follow them and you will be fine. Not telling you that you shouldn't have your evidences of bonafide ongoing relationship (It's a MUST according to the instructions), just telling you that you shouldn't drive yourself nuts about it and kill the whole Amazon Rainforest. The doctor in Rio (Who worked 15 YEARS INSIDE the Embassy) told me that when they have doubts about the case they generally set a second interview and request the petitioner to be there (NOT sure if that's how it is but that's what he told me). We tend to go crazy about this process and they really take easy on it and here's an example: They misspelled my fiancé's last name on my Visa and I contacted them to let them know and ask if I should go by to fix it and etc..They just replied: Dear applicant, this typo error will not stop you from entering into the US. To me it sounded like ''Hey annoying desperate K1 don't bug out, we have more to do'', lol.

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.