VetsWife328

Documents to be send ?! Help please

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Getting ready to file n 400 and confused about documents I need...

Permanent resident since October 20,2009 . Married to US Citizen since March 2009.

Do I need to send all the marriage related documents seeing that I'm a resident for more than 5 years?

Or do I just need the n 400 form, photographs and copy of Green Card ?! ( plus fees of course!)

Thanks for any advice

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: Timeline

You have been here for over 5 years, so you should be eligible to file under the 5-year rule as well.

However, if you are filing on the basis of marriage, you will need to send a copy of the items listed on this

N-400 document checklist:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/article/attachments.pdf

Good luck

Edited by GoingBlue

Timeline

Which that is exactly what is confusing me. Do I need to send all that or not?????

What do I need for the 5 year rule?

Met on May 17,2005

Filed: Timeline

if you are applying on the basis of marriage, yes, you would need to send copies of all the documents listed

in that checklist. However, some of them might not apply to your specific case.

You would need to go over each item to determine what applies, and what doesn't.

For the 5 year rule, If you are filling out the form by yourself and your name has not changed since you you got your Green Card,

then you only need to send the first 3 items in that link.

However, you would want to do more research on which of the filing options (5-year or marriage) is best for you.

Timeline

Even though I am married to the same man ( and that won't change) one of the reasons I waited for the 5 years to be over is so I wouldn't have to gather ####### loads of documents again.

I could since we have mountains of evidence that speak to the validity of our marriage but I don't have the nerve for it as I truly hate doing paperwork, lol.

Met on May 17,2005

Even though I am married to the same man ( and that won't change) one of the reasons I waited for the 5 years to be over is so I wouldn't have to gather ####### loads of documents again.

I could since we have mountains of evidence that speak to the validity of our marriage but I don't have the nerve for it as I truly hate doing paperwork, lol.

If you are applying based on the 5 years residency, you will need 2 passport picture, N400, photocopy of your GC, and a check. That's it

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Timeline

Thank you

Met on May 17,2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.