41 posts in this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
Guys.
We need keeping calm, we are very stressed, because we have waiting for long time to be together with our family, I just think all cases processed by USCIS and then NVC are different, it depend the beneficiary´s country or services center.
We need help us, friendly and share our experience that help to have the patience to wait until our process finish.
thanks for your post and help, it is greatful.
Edited by Nicalord

USCIS Stage:

Dec 02 2013: Priority Date

Feb 28 2014: NOA 2 Received.

Aug 14 2014 : No Visa available letter

==============================================================================================

NVC Stage:

Feb 25 2015: DS 261 Completed

Feb 26 2015: AOS Fee Paid

April 10 2015: IV fee Paid and IV Packet sent

April 11 2015: DS-260 Completed

April 13 2015: Resend I-864 to NVC with Check list and Bar Coded Cover Sheet

April 14 2015: New Scan date Asigned

May 8 2015: E-mail with 2nd Check list, CC but I need new AOS form for interview day, because item missing.

May 14 2015: Case complete by e-mail.

============================================================================================

June 29 2015: I.L. received by email Scheduled for August 18

July 9 2015: Case Status Checked as "READY"

August 18 2015: Visa Approved

August 20 2015: VISA ISSUED (in CEAC status)

October 15 2015: Visa In Hand

October 23 2015: Travel to New york and Admitted.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Ohh my lord, NVC sucks big time. My priority date 27th Sep 2013, still no case complete even though i didnt have any checklist. God save me from this brutal NVC processing....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ohh my lord, NVC sucks big time. My priority date 27th Sep 2013, still no case complete even though i didnt have any checklist. God save me from this brutal NVC processing....

Hello,

What do they say each time you call, can you ask to speak to a supervisor, let them know your case is current in June. I know it is hard but soonest it would be all over.

Month/Day/Year 09/24/2013 - Priority Date09/26/2013 - NOA112/18/2013 - NOA2 - Approved01/06/2014 - NVC Received my case02/13/2015 - Received email to pay AOS/ DS-261 WAIVED02/14/2015 - AOS & IV Fees Paid03/06/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC03/09/2015 - NVC Received03/09/2015 - NVC Scan Date03/09/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted03/11/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email04/04/2015 - AOS Checklist 04/06/2015 -Response to Checklist04/07/2015 - New Scan Date04/30/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone05/07/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail06/02/2015 - Interview Date ( 2nd July 2015) over the phone 06/08/2015 - Interview Letter arrived via Email 06/15/2015 - Medical Test Completed06/10/2015 - Case shows READY at CEAC portal<p>Visa Approved, waiting to pick up passport :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hey Dordor, they wont transfer me to supervisor, they said my case has been escalated to a supervisor and he will review my case on his own convinience and said it will take 42 days for supervisor to review.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Keep trying, you would get the opportunity to speak to one, do no loose hope. Am not sure what time of the day supervisors are available, maybe someone can help out on this. What is your scan date? Have you paid IV fees?

Month/Day/Year 09/24/2013 - Priority Date09/26/2013 - NOA112/18/2013 - NOA2 - Approved01/06/2014 - NVC Received my case02/13/2015 - Received email to pay AOS/ DS-261 WAIVED02/14/2015 - AOS & IV Fees Paid03/06/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC03/09/2015 - NVC Received03/09/2015 - NVC Scan Date03/09/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted03/11/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email04/04/2015 - AOS Checklist 04/06/2015 -Response to Checklist04/07/2015 - New Scan Date04/30/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone05/07/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail06/02/2015 - Interview Date ( 2nd July 2015) over the phone 06/08/2015 - Interview Letter arrived via Email 06/15/2015 - Medical Test Completed06/10/2015 - Case shows READY at CEAC portal<p>Visa Approved, waiting to pick up passport :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same boat. No checklist. No case complete letter received. Been trying calling up NVC and no one could ever give me a helpful answer. But TBH, Im still calm. :)

PD: Nov. 8, 2013

Visa Category: F2A

Lockbox: Chicago Lockbox

USCIS Service Center: California Service Center

I-130 Sent: November 5, 2013

NOA 1: November 8, 2013

NOA 2: February 5, 2014

Date Received by NVC: February 15, 2014

Case Number and IIN: April 2, 2014

DS-261/AOS Invoice Email: February 19, 2015

Paid AOS Fee: February 21, 2015

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My thought is there will be big jump in the last quarter of the fiscal year. The reasons are:

1. They need to make sure they use all visas allotted for this year by end of September. (October starts new fiscal year 2016). So they are catching up to make sure they exhaust this years quota.

2. Obama new initiative on streamlining immigration process is catching up and they are cleaning lot of loop holes (process delay) in the application process. That is why we are seeing lot of updates on websites.

3.There is also some talk about capturing unused visa from previous years. I am not saying it will happen right now but it at least reminds USCIS / DOS that they are required by law to use allotted quota of visa when there is sufficient demand.

I think there is good chance that by September 2015 the dates will move to PD June/July 2014 for F2A. I won't be surprised if they become current also.

i just wanna understand this, if they are current and your case is already approved and got to the visa center, that means you don't have to wait right ??? what about if its only current for a month or less then what ??

@Hardik - no harm intended on my side - I just wanted to bring your attention to the VSC filers because I had seen you post that same thing on several threads and websites. My PD is December 2, 2013.....I will let you know when I get my welcome letter from NVC.....I will also let you know when I get my Case Complete....

@ All - what I have discovered is that there is no rhymme or reason to this process. They say if you are first in, you will be first out (i.e Priority Dates)....that's just a bold face lie. The naïveté I had when I first started the F2A process has long since gone....I am one of the ones that has no interest in wishful thinking. I want to know what is, so I will know how to plan. I don't want to sit around month after month wishing my life away and sugar coating the reality!

People are wishing for their PD to be current by wishing away the REALITY of this system. And the reality is that there are ALOT of applicants from August-November 2013 because they were lulled into filing because the VB was "current". (Please note for those who are not clear, I didn't say their PD was current I said the VB was current -- big difference!). There are ALOT of late 2013 applicants - both approved and pending! This, my friends, is the REALITY of what we are facing and it has to be overcome somehow...either in a big jump w/retrogression or in the VB slowing down/stopping altogether.

I realized about a year ago from a convo I had on one of the threads here on VJ, that it was very likely that VCS filers would get approvals very close to their PDs which would leave little time to address an RFE. That's how I came to understand the constant retrogressions inherent in the immigration system. So the cycle will repeat yet again.....and we will have a big jump at the end of this quarter because the oct-dec 2013 filers are not ready, and then the VB will retrogress, once oct-dec 2013 filers are case complete in order to pick us up again. The only way I can see this retrogression not happening is if there are so many sept/oct filers that they are able to use up all the remaining visas from this fiscal year. That's if they care about the unused visas! LOL!

Shadowflex is right, though, if you think you have it bad, all you have to do is look around VJ and you will see someone that has it worse. I was here on VJ when shadowflex got caught up in the retrogression by ONE day! And here we are almost 2 years later......so for the 2014 and 2015 filers who have NOA2 or CC and are complaining, please remember there are a lot of us from 2013 who are still waiting just to even get where you are....

So please don't wish us away....

Best of luck to everyone and continued strength to make it through this process.

Hey there my neighbor from Maryland!

I agree with all your sentiments as well as the emotions and feelings from everyone else. This process is hard and while I am grateful for this forum bringing a lot of us together, there are some differences experienced primarily due to communication barriers and also just the sheer pent up frustration we all face. It is really unfortunate but like you said, this is the reality.

My personal feeling is that there won't be a retrogression this year but there may be a delayed movement with the VB this last quarter. I say delay but I'm secretly hoping no less than 3 weeks movement. I am quite content with even the normal one month movement that's been happening and hope that it continues. I think a retrogression will make very little sense at this stage. The retrogression happened in 2013 because the VB was current and this generated a large number of petitions. The VB was current because my understanding is that there weren't enough petitions relative to the number of visas (supply and demand).

I don't think that applies anymore as the number of petitions between September 2013 and at least up until August 2014 are more than likely satiate any demands concerns for at least the next year. In order to make sure there are enough petitions ready for a visa, they may delay the VB movement to make sure more petitions are available for interviews. Whichever direction it goes, I hope that it's positive for all of us. Hang in there everyone.

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

01/17/14 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : NOA-T (Electronic Transfer notice to California Service Center)

03/28/15 : NOA-T (Hard Copy of Transfer notice received in mail)

03/30/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) Electronic confirmation

04/03/15 : NOA2 Hard Copy received in mail

NVC

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

04/16/15 : NVC Received Case (Phone call with CSR confirmed)

04/24/15 : Case number and IIN assigned (Phone Call)

04/27/15 : NVC Welcome Letter received via Email

04/27/15 : DS-261 Waived and AOS & IV bill invoiced

04/28/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: IN PROCESS)

04/29/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: PAID)

04/29/15 : DS-260 Available online

04/30/15 : DS-260 Completed

05/08/15 : AOS and IV Package mailed to NVC

05/26/15 : NVC Scan Date (CSR confirmed)

06/17/15 : Case Complete

07/29/15 : Interview Date Received Sep 2nd! (CSR confirmed) :dancing:

07/30/15 : Interview Letter email received (P4)

07/31/15 : NVC shipped out case to London Embassy

Embassy

07/30/15 : Medical Completed

08/01/15 : CEAC status "In Transit"

08/03/15 : Package received at London Embassy

08/05/15 : CEAC status "Ready"

09/02/15 : Interview

09/02/15 : Interview Result: APPROVED!!

09/03/15 : CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing"

09/04/15 : CEAC status changed to "Issued " :dancing:

09/10/15 : Visa in hand!!

09/11/15 : POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.